PLease make my Portfolio Balanced!!!Suggestion please!!

Hi All,

I would like to invest on the below mutual funds for 3-5 years. Can somebody please review and let me know if my portfolio is balanced.
My age is 28 and i am ready to take medium/high risk.

HDFC TOP 200 EQUITY LARGE & MID CAP-5000 Rs PM-Investing since last 6mnths
HDFC TaxSaver EQUITY TAX PLANNING CATEGORY-1000 Rs PM-Will start from this month
Fidelity Tax Advantage EQUITY TAX PLANNING CATEGORY-1000 Rs PM-Will start from this month
HDFC Prudence-Balanced-3000 Rs PM-Investing since last 3 years
UTI Divident Yield EQUITY LARGE & MID CAP-1500 Rs PM- Will start from this month
Franklin India Bluechip EQUITY LARGE-1500 Rs PM-Will start from this month

Below are some of the funds which has completed 3 years locking period. Currently I am not continuing with this Funds as it is not performing well.
PLease suggest a good idea where i can reinvest the amount from the below mutual funds.
SBI - Magnum TaxGain Scheme
SBI TAX Advantage Fund - Series I (G)
DSPBR Tax Saver

It would be wise if you choose only one of the two tax saving funds you have currently selected. Both funds are good so the choice is yours.

The rest all seem fine! The funds you've chosen are very good as far as I know!

Thanks KoolSim!As you told instead of reducing the number tax saving fund from 2 to 1 which fund do you prefer. Is it a good idea to have a Gold ETF like Gold Benchmark Exchange Traded Scheme in my portfolio.

Hi All,

I would like to invest on the below mutual funds for 3-5 years. Can somebody please review and let me know if my portfolio is balanced.
My age is 28 and i am ready to take medium/high risk.

HDFC TOP 200 EQUITY LARGE & MID CAP-5000 Rs PM-Investing since last 6mnths
HDFC TaxSaver EQUITY TAX PLANNING CATEGORY-1000 Rs PM-Will start from this month
Fidelity Tax Advantage EQUITY TAX PLANNING CATEGORY-1000 Rs PM-Will start from this month
HDFC Prudence-Balanced-3000 Rs PM-Investing since last 3 years
UTI Divident Yield EQUITY LARGE & MID CAP-1500 Rs PM- Will start from this month
Franklin India Bluechip EQUITY LARGE-1500 Rs PM-Will start from this month

Below are some of the funds which has completed 3 years locking period. Currently I am not continuing with this Funds as it is not performing well.
PLease suggest a good idea where i can reinvest the amount from the below mutual funds.
SBI - Magnum TaxGain Scheme
SBI TAX Advantage Fund - Series I (G)
DSPBR Tax Saver
in the long run u can see magnam tax gain is performing very well please donot get carried away by the very short term ranking continue to hold ur magnam tax gain93 at best u can redeem ur investment on a very good day in the market for example near the stock market hiting annual resistance and reinvesting near yearly support i happen to be a mutualfund advisor or start ur tax funds on sip basis now that entryload is 0

Thanks KoolSim!As you told instead of reducing the number tax saving fund from 2 to 1 which fund do you prefer. Is it a good idea to have a Gold ETF like Gold Benchmark Exchange Traded Scheme in my portfolio.
Fidelity Tax Advantage has given a good return over the past 5 years. I would go with that.

And yes, a Gold ETF is any day a good idea in any portfolio. But one must use it as a hedge (against equities) and not for value appreciation. Also try to restrict Gold ETFs to about 10% of your total portfolio. With the run up in gold prices, perhaps its a good idea to go through the SIP route in this fund too. Perhaps purchase 1 or 2 units every month to average out your price and thus protect yourself from any price volatility.

Thanks both of your for your valuable comments. I have 3 more funds SBI - Magnum TaxGain Scheme,SBI TAX Advantage Fund - Series,DSPBR Tax Saver which has completed the 3 years locking period. Is it a good idea to Switch both SBI TAX Saving Funds to SBI Emerging Business Fund and Switch DSPBR TAX Saver Fund to DSPBR EQUITY Fund.Keeping that fund idle for few years and see if the above funds are performing well is a good idea?.