Please Help Me Understanding the Indian Markets

Hello to all.

I would like to thank you in advance for all of your knowledge and help. I joined this online community to help myself learn more about the Indian markets for myself and work as well.

I work for a financial investment company in the United States called Futures Investment Company in the United States. We are a commodities and futures trading company. We have several successful funds in the US. We have an established fund for international investors that are set up but dormant at this time. We are looking to do business in India in the future. But before we get ahead of ourselves we have to do a great deal of research to see if it is a good move for our company. I am the lead on this project and have a great interest in learning more in general about the Indian markets how they work an the procedures. I have some basic question I hope you can help me with. They are as followed..

1.) What is the normal mind set of an Indian investors and what do they look for in investing their money?(ex. conservative, risk taker)

2.) What type of people typically invest in India?

3.) Do investors typically contact brokerage firms to invest or do firms work on lead generating?

4.) What process does a investor have to do to invest?

5.) Who are the decision makers in a brokerage firm?

6.) Who makes the overall decisions in what products a brokerage firm caries?

7.) Finally, I do Indian brokerage firms go about creating brokerage agreements?

Thank you for all your help and I am sorry for the long post. I hope to learn a great deal. If anyone has any question for myself feel free to post them on this thread as well. I will be checking it daily.

MJ