Playing since 2005 lost 13+3 lakhs

Status
Not open for further replies.

stock72

Hi,

I strated doing some thing in the market around 2005.( still i dont know what i am doing there )

so far lost 13 lakhs ( in options ) and 3 lakhs in share ...
I thing myself is not suitable for share market ..? but it is too late any way ?

you can advise me, help me to stream line the issues.

some more info about me is
1) currentlty i can loss 20k per month ( may be for another 5 months )
2) My bread and butter are not depend on market .(I am working )
3) Pls dont advise me in the traditional way as I am not much new to market..

saivenkat

Re: Playing since 2005 lost 13+3 lacks

What do you mean by "Advising in the traditional way"?:confused:

Have you analysed what went wrong in your strategies? :confused:

Unless you come out with your techniques here that you adopted in your trades, which have lead you to loss, people here can not refine/advise you exactly what you expect.

Simple - do the opposite what u have done till date:clap::lol::rofl:

Now serious Reply be investor not a trader - take it granted no trader can make money if any body boosting he is telling lies (5% can be winner but 95% are loozers)

Start investing in Gold/Bank/Nifty BEEs

For buy wait for price to cross 20 SMA from down towards up
and never take sell trades (at present all Price is above 20 SMA wait let price cross it from top and be ready when again it will cross MA from down towards up)

Options never touch them - they are WOMD
:thumb:

My sympathy to you as you have lost money....I know how it is to loose money.... have been there many times in early days of my trading career....

Have you analysed why you lost so much....the reasons I can visualise are as under : any of them or combination..

1) You are overtrading, taking positions disproportionate to your trading capital.

2) Your method has no edge so more you trade more you loose.

3) You have not adopted any position sizing/money management in your trading.

4) You have not kept stoplosses so a few really bad trades hit you hard.

5) You are not following a method with discipline...so you skip the winning trades and take all loosing trades.....

6) You are taking your profits early but overstaying in your loosing positions.

Since you mentioned that most of your losses are in options...have you been writing options ? if so do it with very strict risk control. If you have been buying options, do it only when strong trends start....dont buy them and keep hoping that the market will move in your favour.

Sincerely hope that if you analyse reasons for your losses honestly, you will be able to eliminate those and be on the winning side of this beatiful game called trading....

Best wishes,

Smart_trade

Hi,

I strated doing some thing in the market around 2005.( still i dont know what i am doing there )

I thing myself is not suitable for share market ..? but it is too late any way ?

aryan.

I dont know why people directly jump to options and intra day trading. Play it safe with equities first, if you are making money in short term swing trading then think about intraday and options.

This message is for everyone not just the OP.

stock72

My sympathy to you as you have lost money....I know how it is to loose money.... have been there many times in early days of my trading career....

Have you analysed why you lost so much....the reasons I can visualise are as under : any of them or combination..

1) You are overtrading, taking positions disproportionate to your trading capital.

2) Your method has no edge so more you trade more you loose.

3) You have not adopted any position sizing/money management in your trading.

4) You have not kept stoplosses so a few really bad trades hit you hard.

5) You are not following a method with discipline...so you skip the winning trades and take all loosing trades.....

6) You are taking your profits early but overstaying in your loosing positions.

Since you mentioned that most of your losses are in options...have you been writing options ? if so do it with very strict risk control. If you have been buying options, do it only when strong trends start....dont buy them and keep hoping that the market will move in your favour.

Sincerely hope that if you analyse reasons for your losses honestly, you will be able to eliminate those and be on the winning side of this beatiful game called trading....

Best wishes,

Smart_trade

Smart trader,

Thank you for your courtesy. Actually I dont know what to analysis since think I have not followed any system it seems. Just got to know traderji couple of months and came to know that guys are using some sort of TA for their trades. Still if I deploy your queries on my trade, I think I may end up with an output that I kept on changing my strategy and that too exactly opposite to the market direction. So it seems that I was always on the other side of the market. Why? One more thing is I have not been on wining trade for longer time. However was on the loosing trader much longer. Though sad let me take it as funny....

But I still HOPE I can recover my losses and do some money in market. Let me try.

I can help you. However I prefer trading currencies, so whatever method I provide would be on that. Those methods can be applied on any market, but currencies by far are the most liquid and non-manipulated markets, as compared to stock markets. Enough said, if interested, contact at my email which is r...84 @ gmail.com

ghosh_ak34

Hi,

Dear Stock72,

You have already got good advise by others. Here are my 2 cents.

What I would have done, I am writing here.

1- I always prefer to have records of all my trades with dates etc.
2- If I loose 3 months in a row, I will stop trading for atleast one month. Will analyse my records to find the reasons for its failure.
3- Will prepare a strategy based on my learnings from loosing trades. Then, will paper trade for 3 months to see if it works. WILL NOT TAKE REAL TRADES FOR THREE MONTHS!!!! (This I will take as my punishment for loosing and still not learning). If I happen to make profits 3 months in a row using paper trading then, I will start trading again with small money say 30-40k. Will try my strategy to see if it works for 3 months in a row atleast, If it doesn't work will go to step 2.

I have followed this when I was in loss and it worked for me. Hope this helps.

Regards

Last edited:

oilman5

Man,
Trading is an activity.......where Nobody suits............mind it Nobody.
Its by observation on market ........and behavior modification on starts journey to become a trader.First.......prerequestee.......level........its reqd maxm time to understand what reqd for u.
Next Novices.........started to learn what further learning is possible to get an edge in market .............edge is in that particular situation , person is supposed to win.
Advanced learner.......documented the same ........to prepare a system that suits him in particular condition of market......may programme the same.
Expert .....practices the repeatability of same, when edge is not there dont play.Also create other suitable system for other condition of market.
Also be in own comfort zone.
MASTER.........a relaxed personality..........a master in no conflict in mind/trade vs other life........good time & money manager.Comfort with small targeted loss,......and aggressively make money out of probable winning trade.Totally see market independently.
I think .......concerned person should continue presently from..........advance learner level.
On a simple Model.........knowledge requirement of a trader i am giving now.
FA.....u reqd knowledge of a/c,finance,economics, consumerism.
TA......Math,risk/reward,Probability
Risk management.......overall view,money management,SWOT
Psychology......thorough understanding of self
and concept of business.

Status
Not open for further replies.