pl. cast your vote....broker accepting bank guarantee as collateral Vs low margins

broker preference

• Broker accepting bank guarantee as coallateral

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bharatk8

pl. cast your vote....Whom will you prefer?

#1 A broker accepting bank guarantee as collateral

#2 A broker who requires lower margins depending on stop loss if you place cover order.

Last edited:
Re: pl. cast your vote....broker accepting bank guarantee as collateral Vs low margin

None of the above i would prefer a broker who will alow margin against my stocks which is very fair
And not a broker who provide margin against stop losses because that is not possible for a broker to track which client will have stop loss where and they will place it no matter what :annoyed:

Taking bank gurantee is brokers chocie he wants it , if he dosent we cant blame him as its neither a norm nor a regular practice

But not providing margin against cash/ holding is not acceptable as it is the norm ;)

If for some reson a broker cannot provide margins as he owns a very small shop and is just an infant in the industry lacks physical infrastructure or is not experienced , capable :rofl:

Then i will not blame the broker and expect him to move up the ladder and wait for it ( as i am doing in the case of rksv and Zerodha ):thumb:

bharatk8

Re: pl. cast your vote....broker accepting bank guarantee as collateral Vs low margin

Dear myinvestment

Allow me to clear some misconceptions.

Nest trader (trading terminal) has provision of entering and monitoring orders placed with STOPLOSS ,so offering lower margin is just matter of inclination of broker.

As NSE is accepting bank guarantees from Brokers, they prefer to earn bank interest by putting money deposited by traders in FD. They do not have moral/legal right to refuse to provide the same facility to trader if a trader wishes to avail this facility.But brokers do not readily pass on this facility unless you are HNI.

Bank guarantee is better option than accepting stocks/cash.This has been mentioned as additional mode.No broker is going to refuse stocks/cash.You need efforts to convince broker to accept BG.

None of the above i would prefer a broker who will alow margin against my stocks which is very fair
And not a broker who provide margin against stop losses because that is not possible for a broker to track which client will have stop loss where and they will place it no matter what :annoyed:

Taking bank gurantee is brokers chocie he wants it , if he dosent we cant blame him as its neither a norm nor a regular practice

But not providing margin against cash/ holding is not acceptable as it is the norm ;)

If for some reson a broker cannot provide margins as he owns a very small shop and is just an infant in the industry lacks physical infrastructure or is not experienced , capable :rofl:

Then i will not blame the broker and expect him to move up the ladder and wait for it ( as i am doing in the case of rksv and Zerodha ):thumb:

Last edited:

SavantGarde

I have no idea...why this thread has been started as a poll thread.... !!!

List Of Instruments that are accepted as Collateral is laid down by Exchanges/SEBI. Brokers cannot make their own rules as to what is acceptable or otherwise.

SG

bharatk8

It seems,you are not aware of ground realities.Do some homework to find the truth.

List Of Instruments that are accepted as Collateral is laid down by Exchanges/SEBI. Brokers cannot make their own rules as to what is acceptable or otherwise.

SG

bharatk8

Dear Savantgarde,

I am reproducing mail of leading broker who has made following offer in black and white.If you want to see unedited mail let me know.Truth is stranger than fiction,isn't it?

as you must e aware of that as far as f&o segment is concerned the
full margin is required for carry forward but we can provide the 3
times of margins in intraday.in nifty we can provide more intraday
limits in coverorder segment.

Thanks & regards

sa**** *****a
AVP
m*********t
09624766***,09855422***

Head of western region of another broker has consented to accept bank guarantee.Till date this facility was given to HNI only,but due to recession brokers are ready to go to any length.I have started this poll to make traders aware that they are now in drivers seat.

BTW,tomorrow,I am going to meet VP of that brokerage house,to convince him to accept BG too.

SG

Last edited:

SavantGarde

Wish you had elaborated on what homework I am suppose to be doing.....!!!

SG

It seems,you are not aware of ground realities.Do some homework to find the truth.

SavantGarde

First understand.... Broker's can't make their own.... Rules...!!!

Rules are laid down by the exchanges based on the framework laid down by SEBI

Forget about it... There is nothing to interact with you...!!!

You have no idea even if I call a broker they tremble in their pants...!!!

Your post is not lost on me... you do what you think is right... don't ever tell me about rules....

SG

Dear Savantgarde,

I am reproducing mail of leading broker who has made following offer in black and white.If you want to see unedited mail let me know.Truth is stranger than fiction,isn't it?

as you must e aware of that as far as f&o segment is concerned the
full margin is required for carry forward but we can provide the 3
times of margins in intraday.in nifty we can provide more intraday
limits in coverorder segment.

Thanks & regards

sa**** *****a
AVP
m*********t
09624766***,09855422***

Head of western region of another broker has consented to accept bank guarantee.Till date this facility was given to HNI only,but due to recession brokers are ready to go to any length.I have started this poll to make traders aware that they are now in drivers seat.

BTW,tomorrow,I am going to meet VP of that brokerage house,to convince him to accept BG too.

bharatk8, please let me know if you were able to find a broker who will accept bank gaurantee as margin for trading.
It would be of great help if you could share with me some details.
You can contact me at psanand100(at)gmail(dot)com

The only Broker which accept FD as Margin of NSE F&O is Globe Capital Market Limited .
conditions are as follows
  1. Minimum FDR should be Rs.500000
  2. Deposit your fund in your trading a/c and send mail request for making FDR (Amount) (Tenure)
    just two days process.
    then you can use full 100% amount as margin.
    Interest accrued will be credited on 31st March of every year after deducting TDS.