Pivot Trading- a new way of Trading

sanju005ind

Investor, Option Writer
@Smart_trade STda,

I have a few questions regarding my understanding of the market structure which i marked in the chart.
I have the following questions. please respond whenever you are free.

1. Does the trend become Visual Sideways since all the other VP's are formed within the VPH(X) and VPL(y) or VPL (y) becomes MP
2. Is my marking correct of the Pivot upgrading of minor pivot B to VPL.
3. Took a short after the ERL failure at 13:40 candle Low.which is below the ERL.

1590056016152.png

Last edited:
@Smart_trade STda,

I have a few questions regarding my understanding of the market structure which i marked in the chart.

1. Does the trend become Visual Sideways since all the other VP's are formed within the VPH(X) and VPL(y) or VPL (y) becomes MP
3. Took a short after the ERL failure at 13:40 candle Low.which is below the ERL.

View attachment 42661
Visual Pivot & Sideways :http://www.traderji.com/community/threads/pivot-trading-a-new-way-of-trading.99863/page-13
Hope this marking might help you some doubt also ST Big Bro Kick in:)

I too guppy in ERL still i can say since ERL are taken when no sideways which is satisfied but Visual distance bit subjective part but ok in this case and one more important thing we need mpl before jump into trade which is not there?

x&y sure not sideways move

ERLfailure should be long trade if visual trend is up

yesterday range mean definite area which means ERL/VPL(in case visual sideways) & VPH in Down Trend

Last edited:
Good Night all :)

PS : Ignore the Red marking not important

@Smart_trade STda,

1) Once X and Y are defined as VPs,any movement between these levels become visual sideways.But the distance between X and Y are about 340 points which is fairly large.In such large sideways zones,we have several small visual and minor trends which are tradable.

2) Minor pivot B to VPL is correct.

3) Short trade is correct.

If one goes by the definition of major pivot as a meeting point of visual uptrend and visual downtrend,then point Y can be considered as a major pivot....but I would mark it as major pivot once the market goes above larger visual sideways zone and takes out X on the upper side....

Smart_trade

sanju005ind

Investor, Option Writer
1) Once X and Y are defined as VPs,any movement between these levels become visual sideways.But the distance between X and Y are about 340 points which is fairly large.In such large sideways zones,we have several small visual and minor trends which are tradable.

2) Minor pivot B to VPL is correct.

3) Short trade is correct.

If one goes by the definition of major pivot as a meeting point of visual uptrend and visual downtrend,then point Y can be considered as a major pivot....but I would mark it as major pivot once the market goes above larger visual sideways zone and takes out X on the upper side....

Smart_trade
Thanks Stda.

sanju005ind

Investor, Option Writer
@Smart_trade STda,

I have some questions in the following chart.
1. There is an active vERL from VPH of 21st May. Does it have enough distance to be activated.
2. fn Today's first candle is considered as pivot high then would the mERL be valid evenn though it is an inside candle.
3. When we look for shorting/ERL failure if mERL and vERL fall near by should we then consider the vERL since it is of higher order.
1590482626326.png

@Smart_trade STda,

I have some questions in the following chart.
1. There is an active vERL from VPH of 21st May. Does it have enough distance to be activated.
2. fn Today's first candle is considered as pivot high then would the mERL be valid evenn though it is an inside candle.
3. When we look for shorting/ERL failure if mERL and vERL fall near by should we then consider the vERL since it is of higher order.
View attachment 42713
1) For vERL to be active, line of sight should be clear and it should not be punctured by any bar. So it is no more active vERL.
2) mERL not valid as it is a move within the first bar.
3) vERL has priority over mERL.

Smart_trade