Pivot Trading- a new way of Trading

niftytaurus

Looks like in too bad shape !!!!:(

In these years you not found any one setup for trading????
am sure its not setup its something else troubling you friend....
Vijay Bro
Its not about not finding one setup.Its about finding ONE MECHANICAL SETUP on which we can put BIG POSITION SIZE..
I am trading discreationary.Without a mechanical setup ,I am not able to increase my size. For me a good size would be Where R would be 25K OR 50K OR MORE..thats risk amount.For BNF, it could be like 50- 100 lots.
I cannot bait big amount on my discreation . I want peace of mind while trading.Things work when In a trend, but in sideways, it takes.In intraday, there is lot of sound.
So, I just want to trade limited setups.Which can give 1:2 R:R & 50 % win rate.1-2 intraday trade is enough.
If you find those setups, Please let me know.
thanks

Last edited:

niftytaurus

Looks like in too bad shape !!!!:(

In these years you not found any one setup for trading????
am sure its not setup its something else troubling you friend....
Hi
I have not one but have few setups which gives good entry.But Exit is still problem which I have already discussed so many times.But couldnt get any good exit points.As putting TSL on ph/pl works well in trending market but eats profit in sideways.which happen frequently in intraday.Hope you understands
thanks

doss186

Most of us have gone through this phase of not being sure about
what to use, which kind of trade method / system to settle into

Usually it's not the system but our mental makeup that is the problem . . .
We have to accept the losing trades on a system and not start to tinker with it

The most famous system that was used/disclosed by the Turtles (the Donchian Channel)
2 or 4 or whatever decades back, still works in all kind of markets . . .
however it's basic requirement is that it needs very good capital and diversification . . .

Anyone looking for a swing trading system can try it
on hourly or even 15 Minutes charts

Instead of jumping from one system to another trying out many different things
if you trade some concept and then built on it your journey will be faster

Recently @ncube shared a beautiful system in all it's detail,
what was the participation on his thread?

So its really not one more system that anyone here needs,
its catching hold on one simple concept that you understand and making it your own

If you still need few more system, then use ST Da's Swift system
or choose to fly the Rocket with @sanju005ind :)

Cheers :)

One of successful trading system is to avoid trading inside days! Trade only when DMI is on either positive or Negative. DMI is calculated from previous day high and previous day low. In my finding previous day high and low is very late information. We take previous midpoint as equilibrium point and execute trades. Attached is few trades of crude based on this strategy.
Crude_Nov1.jpg

niftytaurus

Hi
I think traders get confused that I am looking for system & I have been thinking about hopping various systems.
I am a price action trader & have been trading it for a long.But its DISCREATIONARY. I am happy with it.
But what I would like to tell is I cant put Big AMOUNT OF MONEY on my discreationary.It creates so many psychological problem.
Besides, I want to learn Exit from experienced structural pivot trading as Its base of my system.
In addition of it, I want to do only 1-2 trades per week But with big position size.for me big position size means R could be 25 k or 50 k or more..same as trading with capital of 25 lacs or 50 lacs.
So I AM JUST EXPLORING HIGH PROBABILITY SETUPS WITH GOOD R:R..As sometimes back shubhadeep Bro told that there are 10-15 big move trades happen in a year.we should take those trades.which are good enough to make a big money.Hope now everyone understands
Otherwise, My routine discretionary trading is doing well & earning me enough money to live properly.SO GUYS DONT WORRY! i AM NOT LOOKING FOR NEW SYSTEM OR METHOD.I AM FINE !
Thanks

checkmate7

One of successful trading system is to avoid trading inside days! Trade only when DMI is on either positive or Negative. DMI is calculated from previous day high and previous day low. In my finding previous day high and low is very late information. We take previous midpoint as equilibrium point and execute trades. Attached is few trades of crude based on this strategy. View attachment 38401
I couldn't get from chart when is the entry and exit..If you can explain in detail it would be nice...

VJAY

Most of us have gone through this phase of not being sure about
what to use, which kind of trade method / system to settle into

Usually it's not the system but our mental makeup that is the problem . . .
We have to accept the losing trades on a system and not start to tinker with it

The most famous system that was used/disclosed by the Turtles (the Donchian Channel)
2 or 4 or whatever decades back, still works in all kind of markets . . .
however it's basic requirement is that it needs very good capital and diversification . . .

Anyone looking for a swing trading system can try it
on hourly or even 15 Minutes charts

Instead of jumping from one system to another trying out many different things
if you trade some concept and then built on it your journey will be faster

Recently @ncube shared a beautiful system in all it's detail,
what was the participation on his thread?

So its really not one more system that anyone here needs,
its catching hold on one simple concept that you understand and making it your own

If you still need few more system, then use ST Da's Swift system
or choose to fly the Rocket with @sanju005ind :)

Cheers :)

Exactly happy brother..

Sent from my ASUS_X00TD using Tapatalk

doss186

I couldn't get from chart when is the entry and exit..If you can explain in detail it would be nice...
As of Welles wilder the DMI is greatest part of dayhigh greater than Previous day high or day low lower than previous day low. As per my finding the price can only hit previous day high only after breaching prev day mid and same phenemenon for day low. So we take an opportunity to buy when price breaks above prev mid and vice versa for shorting! So Simple but it works graeat!

Hi
I have not one but have few setups which gives good entry.But Exit is still problem which I have already discussed so many times.But couldnt get any good exit points.As putting TSL on ph/pl works well in trending market but eats profit in sideways.which happen frequently in intraday.Hope you understands
thanks
The problem is not with the set ups.....the problem is how you approach these set ups....

If you see the nifty movements currently, the stoploss a trade needs is 20-22 points but after the breakouts does it give 42-45 points move to give you 2:1 RR ?? On most days it does not give more than 10-15 points move after a breakout and the correction sets in and your 2:1 RR goes for a toss....it gives a large move only on strong trending days and those are very few.....

So what is the solution ? Either trade only on strong trending days ( you have to figure out these ) or trade failures or trade correction after the breakout...it gives lower stops and better RR....Other solution is trade Nifty options based on breakouts in nifty Futures chart ( this is being done very successfully in real time on Twitter) or think of trading BNF which has a larger stops but it gives 100-200 points move quickly.....the moment we see PL and PH entering into each other, be sure that it is not a strong trending day....you can make 2:1 RR in Nifty Futures trading breakouts only on days when NF gives a move of 80 points and above.....

I dont claim that I have solutions for all trading problems but we have to find our own solutions and these are some clues towards the solutions...each will have to find a unique solution which suits his mindset.....

Smart_trade

Last edited:

vivektrader

In persuit of financial independence.
The problem is not with the set ups.....the problem is how you approach these set ups....

If you see the nifty movements currently, the stoploss a trade needs is 20-22 points but after the breakouts does it give 42-45 points move to give you 2:1 RR ?? On most days it does not give more than 10-15 points move after a breakout and the correction sets in and your 2:1 RR goes for a toss....it gives a large move only on strong trending days and those are very few.....

So what is the solution ? Either trade only on strong trending days ( you have to figure out these ) or trade failures or trade correction after the breakout...it gives lower stops and better RR....Other solution is trade Nifty options based on breakouts in nifty Futures chart ( this is being done very successfully in real time on Twitter) or think of trading BNF which has a larger stops but it gives 100-200 points move quickly.....the moment we see PL and PH entering into each other, be sure that it is not a strong trending day....you can make 2:1 RR in Nifty Futures trading breakouts only on days when NF gives a move of 80 points and above.....

I dont claim that I have solutions for all trading problems but we have to find our own solutions and these are some clues towards the solutions...each will have to find a unique solution which suits his mindset.....

Smart_trade
Your oscillator system will give him defined entries, exits and smaller stoploss. It will also give him comfort of a 'mechanical' system.

Last edited:
You oscillator system will give him defined entries, exits and smaller stoploss. It will also give him comfort of a 'mechanical' system.
I prefer to stay away from Mechanical /discretionary systems arguments.....Pivot system is fully mechanical with definite rules for entry and trade management, only exit is left to the discretion...if one wants to eliminate that too then trail stops till the last opposite side pivot is hit.....but the market has to move 100 points to give 2:1 or more RR.....and we should have stomach to hold the winning position for 80 points on a strong trending day ...if the market moves 30 points in one direction before the correction of 20 points sets in, then we should find a way to trade a set up with 7-10 points stops.....

Smart_trade

Last edited: