Pivot Trading- a new way of Trading

Dear Subhadip Sir & Seniors,

Screen Shorts_thumb001 002.png

This is Nifty Future chart of 31st Aug' 2018.
1) Which is the Pivot Low between candles 2,3,4,5 & 6.
2) Whether the Lower Pivot high at candle 10 is correct.
3) Whether the last pivot high is correct.
4) The low made by the candle forming Pivot high is required to be breakdown for the confirmation of PH.
5) are candles 2 to 8 inside candles? 2 nd candle is lower high and 8th candle is broken down below 2nd candles low. Is it the confirmation of PH at candle 1.
6) If a trader initiated trade yesterday (30/8/18) where he has to exit of Pivot break basis and where to initiate a Short as a pivot basis?

I am learning the basics of Pivot theory. Please clerify my doubts about Pivot.
Thanking you

VJAY

Dear Subhadip Sir & Seniors,

View attachment 28032
This is Nifty Future chart of 31st Aug' 2018.
1) Which is the Pivot Low between candles 2,3,4,5 & 6.
2) Whether the Lower Pivot high at candle 10 is correct.
3) Whether the last pivot high is correct.
4) The low made by the candle forming Pivot high is required to be breakdown for the confirmation of PH.
5) are candles 2 to 8 inside candles? 2 nd candle is lower high and 8th candle is broken down below 2nd candles low. Is it the confirmation of PH at candle 1.
6) If a trader initiated trade yesterday (30/8/18) where he has to exit of Pivot break basis and where to initiate a Short as a pivot basis?

I am learning the basics of Pivot theory. Please clerify my doubts about Pivot.
Thanking you
First check is there any pivot?

VJAY

Whenever doubt in pivots ...just put your palm infront of your face ...look 5 fingers ...middle finger high pivot ...:cool:
Put palm down now middle finger points down ...its pivot low

MSN1979

ERL

What I have learnt from Saint sir, Kapil Sir , Pratap Sir & ST Sir:

Characteristic of ERL:
ERL to be taken from Clear Trends and not in Sideways.

It’s a Horizontal Line drawn from Body Pivot High (In Uptrend) and Body Pivot Low (In Down Trend).Line is Drawn from Bearish bar open ( In uptrend) and Bullish bar Open ( In Downtrend).

Need close above ERL for activation of ERL.

Sir I cannot find what is body pivot high and body pivot low. But no body asked u this question so they must be aware.

Dear Subhadip Sir,
All says that crudeoil is a beast and does not follow patter, TA. I come across some where in your blog that crudeoil is your darling. In this reference, it is my humble request to reveal your strategy for only Intraday trading crudeoil. Such as Entry, Stoploss, trailing stoploss, add, exit etc.,
Please also suggest the good thread for study so as to learn crudeoil trading.
Thanks

rjshem

Sir I cannot find what is body pivot high and body pivot low. But no body asked u this question so they must be aware.
BPH-BPL:
Body Pivot High And Body Pivot Low.
They simply are PH and PL made by the body of candle and not wick.
Usually we look for Body High of a bearish candle for BPH and Body Low of bullish candle for BPL.
VRL-ERL
VRL- Visual Reversal Line.
They are simple reversal points using BPH or BPL instead of PH or PL. That means hear we use body of candle and not the wick for SL or SAR. So in an Up move we use BPL and in Down Move we use BPH.

ERL- Early Reversal Line.
Just like VRL this are also reversal points but here we are using BPH in case of Up Move and BPL in case of Down move for reversal. Now here we don't use every BPH or BPL as reversal point. There is a condition needed to be fulfilled before taking this points as ERLs. And that condition is there should be enough VisD(Visual Distance).

VisD - Visual Distance
Simple as name suggest. A distance from a particular point to another point. Here we need them to identify a valid ERL.Lets take an example of uptrend. Assume we are long.

Price Moves further up. New HHs and HLs. Giving us a rally.

Now price comes down a little. Gives us PH and BPH. Now at this point this BPH is our POTENTIAL ERL. Not even active or not even existing. But potential ERL. To be it an ERL, we need new high which breaks this BPH.

Now we’ve got new high which breaks BPH and makes it an ERL.

BUT…to be an active ERL we need strong close above this BPH. That means we require VisD. A distance from BPH to highest close made. Not necessarily in one bar. May be two or three. But we need a strong move crossing that BPH to make it an active ERL.

hope this helps

Last edited: