Pivot Trading- a new way of Trading

Rules of Intraday Flow method: (IDF)

I have learned it from Saint sir, Kapil Sir, Pratap Sir & ST Sir,

IDF trades the minor trend in the direction of visual trend in 5 min chart.

5 min chart used for all index & scripts.

To understand the visual Pivot at 5 min TF, I look at PHs and PLs in 15 min chart. Every pivot in 15 min chart is a visual pivot in 5 min TF. From experience you can do it in 5 min chart itself.

Go long/short at Visual Pivots. Exit at minor pivot break. If 60 min clsoing at known support/ resistance also exit.

Adds on Minor pivots.

Opening trade:
If open in yesterday's range:
- in Direction of Flow 30 enter on break of Yesterday's pivot. Against Direction of Flow 30 wait for a 5 min pivot above it or go long/ short above/ below the bar that gives a 15 min close above or below it.

Sideways: Nothing to do. Close outside bodies of sideways and then go long/ short above high/ below low of that bar.

Flags: nothing to do. Trade the Break out & Break down.

Profit booking: Support & Resistance.

Now yesterday Visual UP Condition:
1. Gap up above VPH; go long over mPH over 1st Bar.
2.Open/ Gaps down into range but above Visual ERL: Go long over mPH (When minor trend alligned MPH).
3. Opens/ Gaps down into range but below visual ERL: Go long above VPH; go short below VPL
4: Gaps down below VPL: short on a pivot below 1st Bar.

Now yesterday Visual Down:
1.Gaps down below VPL: Short below minor pivot below 1st Bar.
2.Opens/ gap up into range but below visual ERL: short after minor trend alligned to it.
3.Opens / Gaps up into range but above visual ERL:Go long above VPH: Go short below VPL
4. Gaps up above VPH: Long on a pivot; Short below pivot if 1st Bar moves into range
e
Visual Sideways Days:
1. open in range- go long avove VPH; go short below VPL
2. Gaps above VPH: long over minor pivot;
3. Gaps below VPL: Short below minor pivot.
Sir where can i get some detailed explanation for the terms in this post, or is this explained anywhere in this thread...?

Sir where can i get some detailed explanation for the terms in this post, or is this explained anywhere in this thread...?
All is explained in the initial pages of this thread. One post a week is being posted to give time for the new traders to study the basics in the meanwhile.

Smart_trade

All is explained in the initial pages of this thread. One post a week is being posted to give time for the new traders to study the basics in the meanwhile.

Smart_trade
ok sir, thanks for the replay still am reading (understanding) up to 14 pages only bt i didn't noticed some terms like 30 min flow so asked it... thanks for the replay sir

vivektrader

In persuit of financial independence.
As minor pivots in a 15min chart are visual pivots in a 5min chart, the direction of 20ema on a 15min chart can give a sense of visual trend in 5min chart. For example if on a 15min chart 20ema is upsloping and price is respecting it, one can assume visual trend as up, and trade ITF on 5min chart from long side, mirror for downtrend/downslope. If however on a 15min chart the ema is flat and price is closing up and down over it, take it as sideways, and don't trade pivot breaks as in ITF, rather fade the trading range (or stay away altogether).

onequorauser

So at what stage do we play the ERL. For instance, is a long above the line near 10600 a trade that one should be taking?

Please note that this was drawn before the upmove began.

View attachment 25820
Dragging a question here from another thread. The context here was that one should be trading on the short side only as the short term trend starting from 1st June has been down.

So the question that I had was it is ok to take longs above the ERL drawn above?

If not then how how long should we let the pull back continue before deciding that the trend has changed.

Time frame of trading is 5 M and the screenshot is from 15M which is essentially the HTF

Edit: Also can this change of trend be quantified in anyway..i.e. say if the fall is 150 points on nifty anything above 50 is a likely trend change and we trade long over it..might be unwillingly touching fibs here but my aim is to stay confined to this method

Last edited:
Dragging a question here from another thread. The context here was that one should be trading on the short side only as the short term trend starting from 1st June has been down.

So the question that I had was it is ok to take longs above the ERL drawn above?

If not then how how long should we let the pull back continue before deciding that the trend has changed.

Time frame of trading is 5 M and the screenshot is from 15M which is essentially the HTF

Edit: Also can this change of trend be quantified in anyway..i.e. say if the fall is 150 points on nifty anything above 50 is a likely trend change and we trade long over it..might be unwillingly touching fibs here but my aim is to stay confined to this method
ERL is a topic which is creating lots of wrong application in this method . We will take up ERLs for next 2-3 weekends and try to clear things. Your question I will take up on the coming weekend.

Try to see various trends from a single timeframe chart which is our trading timeframe which could be 3 min or 5 min.

Smart_trade