Pivot Trading- a new way of Trading

vivektrader

In persuit of financial independence.
Happy New Year Vishnu, I have no problem if Rupees bacame Bucks:lol:

vivektrader

Tatasteel today....Vertical rise (no pivot formed over first bar) and almost vertical fall after failed final flag,
Where do you enter and where do you exit?

vijkris

Learner and Follower
Tatasteel today....Vertical rise (no pivot formed over first bar) and almost vertical fall after failed final flag,
Where do you enter and where do you exit?
hi ,
i also observed the same. acc to 2ma system, i think in 3 min chart entry was at 9.33 bar. exit when rally stopped at 9.48. since it was a gapup 15 min ma wil take time to give short signal, so i think we hav to skip the vertical fall phase. in my chart still 15 min ma is above 21sma, so no short as of now.
I m still learning.....:)
regards.

vivektrader

hi ,
i also observed the same. acc to 2ma system, i think in 3 min chart entry was at 9.33 bar. exit when rally stopped at 9.48. since it was a gapup 15 min ma wil take time to give short signal, so i think we hav to skip the vertical fall phase. in my chart still 15 min ma is above 21sma, so no short as of now.
I m still learning.....:)
regards.
Would you want to add another tf(3min)?, a lower time frame will give lot of false entries. 15min/5min is a compromise.

vijkris

Learner and Follower
Would you want to add another tf(3min)?, a lower time frame will give lot of false entries. 15min/5min is a compromise.
i dont use 5 min at all, i use 15 and 3min. i m watching 3min charts since more than a year and got habituated . ya 3min gives lot of false entries especially in sideways bo/bd condition. in trending phase it gives early entry with very close sl.
thanks,
regards

Brill

i dont use 5 min at all, i use 15 and 3min. i m watching 3min charts since more than a year and got habituated . ya 3min gives lot of false entries especially in sideways bo/bd condition. in trending phase it gives early entry with very close sl.
thanks,
regards
Point is - the losses in the sideways movement is covered in the trending phase . Or are you able to identify the sideways movement and keep away:D

Vipul_84

Hi Vivek,

Have you done any backtesting for this strategy for any time frame combination?
Any results for Nifty ?

Please give some inputs so that I too can start following this. I am interested in 1hr/15 min combo for intra day on Nifty. Your views please?

How many trades do think we will get over a week and any win % or RR?

vivektrader

Hi Vivek,

Have you done any backtesting for this strategy for any time frame combination?
Any results for Nifty ?

Please give some inputs so that I too can start following this. I am interested in 1hr/15 min combo for intra day on Nifty. Your views please?

How many trades do think we will get over a week and any win % or RR?
Hi Vipul
Well I personally have not traded this double MA method much, but I follow IDFlow method. Also I do believe that the direction of lower time frame and higher time frame should be aligned. It is easy to enter through IDF rules, what I am more interested now is trade management which is letting me down. I have got some ideas though and am experimenting with them to form some dependable management protocol.
I work with only Price Action and 20EMA on chart, no other indicators.
Regards
Vivek