Pivot Trading- a new way of Trading

Summary of Subhadeep's 2MA system (explanation in case we are Long)

Two MAs 21SMA and 8EMA

Two timeframe combination:
Hourly-15min.
15min.-5min

First confirm Higher time frame candle close above both MAs, no need of MA cross.

come to lower timeframe to take position for e.g go long when:
there is a minor pivot break
visual pivot break
break out from a range/flag

Stop Loss: low of two bar back (from the entry candle, both the preceding bars should be lower than entry bar)/a minor pivot (if it is closer)

Exit: at a visual pivot (entirely or part profit booking, rest may be trailed or kept till end of day), known resistance.

Don't enter in previous afternoon range (unless you are Subhadeep:D) afternoon roughly means after European market opens i.e.
after 1:30pm

Being a trend based system, only enter when in clear trend.

vice-versa for short situation.

please feel free to add to above points or correct me:)
Thanks
Regards
Nice Job vivektrader ji..... U squeezed 123 pages into one post..:thumb:
Thanks to Subhadeep ji and other veterans who contributed... to teach us all...:)

Thanks

Regards
Vijay

vijkris

Learner and Follower
Summary of Subhadeep's 2MA system (explanation in case we are Long)

Two MAs 21SMA and 8EMA

Two timeframe combination:
Hourly-15min.
15min.-5min

First confirm Higher time frame candle close above both MAs, no need of MA cross.

come to lower timeframe to take position for e.g go long when:
there is a minor pivot break
visual pivot break
break out from a range/flag

Stop Loss: low of two bar back (from the entry candle, both the preceding bars should be lower than entry bar)/a minor pivot (if it is closer)

Exit: at a visual pivot (entirely or part profit booking, rest may be trailed or kept till end of day), known resistance.

Don't enter in previous afternoon range (unless you are Subhadeep:D) afternoon roughly means after European market opens i.e.
after 1:30pm

Being a trend based system, only enter when in clear trend.

vice-versa for short situation.

please feel free to add to above points or correct me:)
Thanks
Regards
Hi, i hav lot of doubts, just asking two of them-
1. In hourly chart of relcap, close below ma happened on 7th dec(yellow circle and red arrow) and a continuous decline thereafter. So can we enter on LTF say 15 min, on 8th ,9th also?
2. Is my view of Sideways/Range correct?( horizontal yellow lines between 11 dec mph and 14 dec mpl?

thanks

vivektrader

In persuit of financial independence.
well as far as I have understood, you shall consider the very latest closed candle in higher time frame, for example say the last 1 hour candle closed at 1pm and you are entering on a 15min chart, this 1pm candle is applicable till the next one closes at say 2pm.

regarding sideways I prefer to see 15min. chart, if I cant see a clearly visible trend I take it as sideways.
regards

Vipul_84

Wisp,

Your chart look really very good. Both TFs in same chart. Can you please post AFL here? Can we use this AFL for 60min / 15min combination as well?

MA method trades (I dont trade the method, these are paper markings only)

pale green/pink bars are 15 min bars on 3 min chart

Green/Black are htf ema/ma

vivektrader

Hi
This is bnf-f 60min chart & 15 min chart of today & yday.
This is only for learning purpose as shubhadeep bro told me to do so
thanks
You once said Ist hour candle closes at 9.30 am, couldn't understand that.

vivektrader

Hi
In software Ami, we have option that where should be first Hourly candel closes, so with different settings, so first hourly candel of day Closes at 9:30, & with other setting ,it closes at 10
Well I don't have such a setting in ZERODHA pi, what should I consider as first hour?