Pivot Trading- a new way of Trading

XRAY27

21 sep-2015 bank nifty-f
thanks
Niftytaurus..

Below is the post of ST da !!!

One word of caution. Dont use VPs,mps in a horrizontal sideways period.Else it will give many whipsaws and false trades.Use sideways market tools like VWAP,Support/resistance bands,TDST etc in sideways.

Smart_trade
From the above post we can say that there is not much solution with this pivots in sideways..have to adopt vwap/support/resistance/TDST..in my case i have integrated sideways into system with S/R's...how you trade this as if now ??? at the movement which one you are trading BNF or NF..??

niftytaurus

Niftytaurus..

Below is the post of ST da !!!

From the above post we can say that there is not much solution with this pivots in sideways..have to adopt vwap/support/resistance/TDST..in my case i have integrated sideways into system with S/R's...how you trade this as if now ??? at the movement which one you are trading BNF or NF..??
Hi Xray bhai
not trading regularly..as the day i started trading, days like today comes & I get frustated & then back to learning..today I trade Banknifty..
i am learning this method also..but putting some concepts of pratap bhai's method on trend & ranges also
thanks

please tell some of those setups
thanks
Let me try to answer this. I think we all have a basic setup that we trade on, like I look for the gap up stocks. I feel comfortable as I am trading with the trend and there is no panic for booking the immediate profits. So there is no need to change the basic style of my trading. I will take the help of the suggestions and teachings of Shubha and use them in enhancement of these basic setups to take the maximum out of a winning trade. So I will take the second point as this. Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards.

SaravananKS

Subhadip,
I am following the thread silently can you explain how to take trades based on above Picture? .

My another question is How to identify sideways early?

here is today's Bank nifty Chart

from morning it seems to be trending but one stage it looked like sideways
in above picture it took 20 Candles (5 min ) to realize sideways
is there any way to realise sideways much early ?

(My question to related to pivot trading)

Subhadip

please tell some of those setups
thanks
For you , do not trade on ERL failure more.

For All,
Some setup means- Break out, Break out failure. Break down and failure. I will post some charts when time permits regarding those in three min chart in BNF and crude.

Also one more thing I want to stress. You do not have to prove to the market that you can trade in all setup. When u do not understand the chart please do not trade. Wait for your suitable setup.

That is all I can say. Some day will be very juicy. And some day like today if you do not trade may be you earned more by not trading rather than loosing.

Most of you guys do not know "when not to trade". This is the problem.

Hopefully what I do and what I know I have shared.

Best of luck guys.

Subhadip

21 sep-2015 bank nifty-f
thanks
In post market EOD painting time, we can have all the justification for trading the trades, but in real time the problem starts as the future is unknown to all. We all have to take calculated guess. Calculated risk.

Best of luck my dear friends.

Subhadip

Subhadip,
I am following the thread silently can you explain how to take trades based on above Picture? .

My another question is How to identify sideways early?

here is today's Bank nifty Chart

from morning it seems to be trending but one stage it looked like sideways
in above picture it took 20 Candles (5 min ) to realize sideways
is there any way to realise sideways much early ?

(My question to related to pivot trading)
Picture is self explanatory. What do u want more for clarification? Do u want me to post charts for gap up or down situations?

I do not know anything by which I can identify sideways early. In Price action candlestick chart we have to wait for seeing the VPH and VPL and their situation corresponding to the previous one helps me to identify the sideways market.

In three and five minute chart it is looking sideways where as in hourly chart it is not. So my dear friend you have to wait for price action to take their time.

Have u seen today's BNF in respect to daily trend, hourly trend ?

The perspective matters most.

Happy trading.

SaravananKS

Picture is self explanatory. What do u want more for clarification? Do u want me to post charts for gap up or down situations?

I do not know anything by which I can identify sideways early. In Price action candlestick chart we have to wait for seeing the VPH and VPL and their situation corresponding to the previous one helps me to identify the sideways market.

In three and five minute chart it is looking sideways where as in hourly chart it is not. So my dear friend you have to wait for price action to take their time.

Have u seen today's BNF in respect to daily trend, hourly trend ?

The perspective matters most.

Happy trading.
Thanks Subhadip for clarification, I will wait for your posts related to Sideways and when one should not trade.