Subhadip

VPL was already formed.
A new HPH is formed after VPL.
The previous VPH status remains as VPH?
Okay ! :confused:
Thanks for your time .
Right, previous VPH remain VPH, no change

wisp

Just tested for this month.. not good vis a via nifty performance... any amibroker expert have to test for long time cycle for conclusion !!!
XRAY bro,
Aditya is a very successful trader (I think his whole family trades) so there must be something in this ema cross. Perhaps we need a couple of more rules, may be on the 3 min chart, we need a pivot for entry and may be we need a fresh pivot if price has gone below the emas (in this case, AP also ok) after making a pivot above and vice versa. ..not sure but there may be some rule that we can have, also if price has moved quite a bit already before crossing over we can skip that entry.

niftytaurus

Dear Shubhadeep bro
Thanks a lot for this new thread & all the time & knowledge you have sharing with us.its so great of you!
Last week, I was busy so couldnt follow your thread & it moved fast..& I missed some important discussions on pivot method..I will cover up for missed classes tonight & this weekend..
but ya I read your 8& 21 method..thats intresting!!I want to discuss that as I have been researching & back testing these kind of methods extensively to make my trading mechanical ( means the method who decide trend according to MA lines)..I have been facing some kin of problems in it.so I left it..but hope you can solve those problems or can guide me on this..

whatever I have understood from this kind of methods...basic concept is :-
1) we trade 3 min chart in direction of 15 min (15 min ma helps in deciding htf trend)
2)when 15 min sideways, we sit out
3) entries & exit on minor pivot breaks
I am trying to make a system out of it..but facing some problems..may be you can solve them
I have faced following issues
a) I have observed first 3 min changes direction & then 15 min change direction..so we waited till change of direction of 15 min..& then entries get late
2) overall on major time of periods, its profitable..when we minus loss points from profit points for a month .. most of the monthes its positive with good points( except january 2014 & feb 2015).
but the profit points we earn get lost in transaction & trading cost..as when we enter & exit on minor pivot..it gives 3-4 trade daily..so average 70-80 trades..so ex in bank nifty, 6 points transaction cost+10 points slippage of both sides , so its 16 points..which is total 1280..this 1280 points eat our all profit..& even in bad monthes, we can come in loss
3) if 3 min becomes sideways, it breaks pivot on both sides of ma lines & comes back.so when 3 min in sideways, it gives lot of trades as well as loss...( same happens when i used to follow swift..it whipsaws on both sides of lines & so many trades..I dont know how to overcome it..

i have put lot of hard work on it..back testing manually is herculean task itself but I have tried on some monthes..but this problems discouraged me..now you came up with it..so i hope you can solve this..& will show me a path..may be I am missing some important points..
thanks

amandeep86

XRAY bro,
Aditya is a very successful trader (I think his whole family trades) so there must be something in this ema cross. Perhaps we need a couple of more rules, may be on the 3 min chart, we need a pivot for entry and may be we need a fresh pivot if price has gone below the emas (in this case, AP also ok) after making a pivot above and vice versa. ..not sure but there may be some rule that we can have, also if price has moved quite a bit already before crossing over we can skip that entry.
i used to trade a similar system as this :-

Crossovers are just indicators that bias is changing and be Alert ,Entry is only Triggered on Pivot Break (Mph/mpl) in direction of C/O.

Need to identify the sideways /range period as per price action only and avoid as at that time Pivot will break at the range only to trap traders trading crossovers...:D

Also the the success in crossovers is Add when in winning position and trading tight on first entry

Last edited:

Subhadip

I have faced following issues
a) I have observed first 3 min changes direction & then 15 min change direction..so we waited till change of direction of 15 min..& then entries get late
2) overall on major time of periods, its profitable..when we minus loss points from profit points for a month .. most of the monthes its positive with good points( except january 2014 & feb 2015).
but the profit points we earn get lost in transaction & trading cost..as when we enter & exit on minor pivot..it gives 3-4 trade daily..so average 70-80 trades..so ex in bank nifty, 6 points transaction cost+10 points slippage of both sides , so its 16 points..which is total 1280..this 1280 points eat our all profit..& even in bad monthes, we can come in loss
3) if 3 min becomes sideways, it breaks pivot on both sides of ma lines & comes back.so when 3 min in sideways, it gives lot of trades as well as loss...( same happens when i used to follow swift..it whipsaws on both sides of lines & so many trades..I dont know how to overcome it..
In BNF I never have slippage with 10 lots, (in entry or in SL order)- so I never calculated slippage.
I always trade in Multiple lots: like 8 lots in entry, 1st Add 4 lot, second add 2 lot, subsequently 1 lot each time.

By using MA crossover, i never told to forget what I have said in those first 23 pages of this thread, I am using all of them together.

Also when 3 Min TF is in sideways, 15 also in sideways, so do not trade at that time.

Subhadip

Also the the success in crossovers is Add when in winning position and trading tight on first entry
In my view , if any one wants to be winner, please have money first for all those adds,

If one can not add up the initial entry, he will not be successful- I am seriously telling it.

In winning trade one has to get much much more from it.

XRAY27

XRAY bro,
i used to trade a similar system as this :-

Crossovers are just indicators that bias is changing and be Alert ,Entry is only Triggered on Pivot Break (Mph/mpl) in direction of C/O.

Need to identify the sideways /range period as per price action only and avoid as at that time Pivot will break at the range only to trap traders trading crossovers...:D

Wisp and amandeep !!!

There are 4 properties for Ema and ma's ... they are best lag indicators and success with that is a question mark vis-a vis market edge...i don't know aditya or his family... what matters is what ever is the ema it is not a stand alone system, even with price action also we get delayed entries that is 100 % sure..

Any ways i don't understand this tendency of jumping from PA to EMA so stopping this discussion at this point.

Best of luck for learners :)