Pivot Trading- a new way of Trading

I can only show you the path, but you have to travel...
Good going Subhadip....answering questions, posting charts etc...all takes time ,patience and energy.

This method needs lots of thinking and improvement ,deciding better trade locations and that will come by practice and studying plenty of charts.

You are doing a great job...carry on with it.

Smart_trade

Subhadip

Good going Subhadip....answering questions, posting charts etc...all takes time ,patience and energy.

This method needs lots of thinking and improvement ,deciding better trade locations and that will come by practice and studying plenty of charts.

You are doing a great job...carry on with it.

Smart_trade
Thanks sir..

One request sir, if you see anything wrong, please correct them immediately sir.

Thanks in advance sir.

Whenever I see traders learning this method I am reminded of the following opening paragraphs in New Market Wizards by Jack Schwager. It is reproduced below :

Prologue
The Jademaster
One cold winter morning a young man walks five miles through the
snow. He knocks on the Jademaster's door.
The Jademaster answers with a broom in his hand.
"Yes?"
"I want to learn about Jade."
"Very well then, come in out of the cold."
They sit by the fire sipping hot green tea. The Jademaster presses a green stone deeply into the young
man's hand and begins to talk about tree frogs. After a few minutes, the young man interrupts.
"Excuse me, I am here to leam about Jade, not tree frogs."
The Jademaster takes the stone and tells the young man to go home and return in a week. The following
week the young man returns. The Jademaster presses another green stone into the young man's hand and
continues the story. Again, the young man interrupts. Again, the Jade-master sends him home. Weeks pass.
The young man interrupts less and less. The young man also learns to brew the hot green tea, clean up the
kitchen and sweep the floors. Spring comes.
One day, the young man observes, "The stone I hold is not genuine Jade."
I lean back in my chair, savoring the story. My student interrupts.
"OK. OK. That's a great story. I don't see what it has to do with making money. I come to you to find out
about the markets. I want to learn about the bulls and the bears, commodities, stocks, bonds, calls and
options. I want to make big money. You tell me a fable about Jade. What is this? You ..."
"That's all for now. Leave those price charts on the table. Come back next week."
Months pass. My student interrupts less and less as I continue the story of The Trader's Window.
-from The Trader's Window,
ED SEYKOTA

nifty trade

I am keeping this reserved.
The probability - works only if large sample of trades is taken.
The probability of 60% band random dart trades again works only if taken in the direction of trend.
To keep it simple - the probability of head or toss is 50/50 only if large sample taken.
But when just 20 the probability of heads may vary as 14:6.
But in 100 tosses it will be 50:50.
I am going out in a hurry.More later.
I am going out will try to share more on this when I return.
In 5 sets of 10 coin toss each results are as follows.

Heads - 4,5,4,6, 6 =25

Tails - 6,5,6,4,4 =25

Obviously the toss was randomly done the heights of the each toss and fall was completely random, not controlled at all, coin sometimes rolled over to far side of the room as well. :D

sangram1705

Rules of Intraday Flow method: (IDF)

I have learned it from Saint sir, Kapil Sir, Pratap Sir & ST Sir,

IDF trades the minor trend in the direction of visual trend in 5 min chart.

5 min chart used for all index & scripts.

To understand the visual Pivot at 5 min TF, I look at PHs and PLs in 15 min chart. Every pivot in 15 min chart is a visual pivot in 5 min TF. From experience you can do it in 5 min chart itself.

Go long/short at Visual Pivots. Exit at minor pivot break. If 60 min clsoing at known support/ resistance also exit.

Adds on Minor pivots.

Opening trade:
If open in yesterday's range:- in Direction of Flow 30 enter on break of Yesterday's pivot. Against Direction of Flow 30 wait for a 5 min pivot above it or go long/ short above/ below the bar that gives a 15 min close above or below it.

Sideways: Nothing to do. Close outside bodies of sideways and then go long/ short above high/ below low of that bar.

Flags: nothing to do. Trade the Break out & Break down.

Profit booking: Support & Resistance.

Now yesterday Visual UP Condition:
1. Gap up above VPH; go long over mPH over 1st Bar.
2.Open/ Gaps down into range but above Visual ERL: Go long over mPH (When minor trend alligned MPH).
3. Opens/ Gaps down into range but below visual ERL: Go long above VPH; go short below VPL
4: Gaps down below VPL: short on a pivot below 1st Bar.

Now yesterday Visual Down:
1.Gaps down below VPL: Short below minor pivot below 1st Bar.
2.Opens/ gap up into range but below visual ERL: short after minor trend alligned to it.
3.Opens / Gaps up into range but above visual ERL:Go long above VPH: Go short below VPL
4. Gaps up above VPH: Long on a pivot; Short below pivot if 1st Bar moves into range

Visual Sideways Days:
1. open in range- go long avove VPH; go short below VPL
2. Gaps above VPH: long over minor pivot;
3. Gaps below VPL: Short below minor pivot.
DADA,
a small doubt reg the copper chart posted by you today.

as per your markings IDF rules followed or not?
thanks

Subhadip

DADA,
a small doubt reg the copper chart posted by you today.

as per your markings IDF rules followed or not?
thanks
Excellent question. Now see. Gap up but in the range of yesterday evening. Now it may be a big first bar also. When in range it can go both ways. Keep ur option open in intraday. One question. What was visual trend yesterday. Now where is opened today. Think of it.