Pivot Trading- a new way of Trading

eku

One question Subha-
We can see,market trends only 20% and remain in the range for 80%,then why pivot methods are always preferred by group of successful traders?

Pls give a detailed answer(if u have any link,pls provide).

P.S.-some new guys are opening thread against pivot trading/saying pivot trading do not worth trading etc..So your detailed answer/link etc will clear the doubts.

Last edited:

Subhadip

One question Subha-
We can see,market trends only 20% and remain in the range for 80%,then why pivot methods are always preferred by group of successful traders?

Excellent question.

one of the difficult question I have came across recently.

I will try to answer you. Pivot method is one of the best method internationally for Price action based traders.

I do not know about others, but what happened to me I can say. In the year 2010, i have started learning trading & by chance I joined Bravisa temple tree website.

The person Devid helped me learning trading. He used to trade hourly trades- flow method or somewhat similar method. Joined TJ- found the Teach a man Fish thread of Saint sir. Later that for knowledge I joined TSF. Learned my most of the learning from Saint sir in TSF. There i was helped by ST Sir, Pratap Sir, Kapil Sir and many many more seniors. In the mean time I have learned a many many indicator based trading system. Backtested almost 2000 hr. Yes at least I have done all backtesting & all indicators for more than 2000 Hr. What I have found the pivot based trading is very easy & is profitable. Started flow in Copper in MCX, was very profitable there (Method name was Swift - bY ST Sir).

Now after all these years I can tell you that it is one of the most easy but most profitable method.

there are many easy version of that too. But you will not like that, as in 15 min chart in NF it will give u 1 or 2 trade per day. but over all in whole moneth you will be profitable.

That is my history.

Dax Devil

One question Subha-

A logical question, eku. Well done. There are a couple more. Hope you would come up with them too. :)

@Subhadip
You are doing a fine job, friend. It is very admirable of you to restart after your thread got deleted accidently, which could have been restored in a jiffy if traderji admin had the backup copy. Anyhow, best wishes.

@learnthemarket
You should request the admin to change your id to 'learnthemanners'.

Subhadip

Also one more thing I can say now... Every day I am evolving. Also reading up Al Brooks books.

So incorporated in the pivot based trading that too.

So it is now a bit of mixed up of every thing.

But basics are still the same.

Dax Devil

Also one more thing I can say now... Every day I am evolving. Also reading up Al Brooks books.

So incorporated in the pivot based trading that too.

So it is now a bit of mixed up of every thing.

But basics are still the same.
Absolutely right. Basics are still the same, and shall remain so for a long time to come. However, the most important thing that the critics of basic trading methods forget is, it is no credit to the rifle if the bullet hits the bullmark. Credit goes to the eye that took the aim.

XRAY27

@Learnthemarket

Dear Bro !!!!

You said successful person don't remain in traderji...

Below is my IT return (ITR4) for 2014-15...

i'm not earning is CR/S but ...Earning for living..for learning there is no need to look on the person whether he is earning or not...it is the logic which the person is telling working or not is important ,if working then just follow it ,if not just leave it or tweak it

I started as positional trader,turned in to screen based trader ...learn't from possible books and also from various sources /members in the forum.. whether new or old added many points from ST da post ,saint which i missed him because i'm not active at that time,but learn t, TMF,flow etc...from old threads...even today also i 'm active to learn some thing new which can be added to my trading..

Do i follow all the methods as it is answer is "NO"... i have tweaked to my trading needs..basically i trade 30/5/1 MIN...which is also shared...

Yes !!! your concern of using forum for there personal needs is also there and admin has taken action against all the tipster or client searchers...

Subhadip started this thread once again after deletion due to spam attack and sharing his time and energy for newbies

Good work subhadip brother :)

Moderator ,please delete this post if violates forum rules

Last edited:
One question Subha-

P.S.-some new guys are opening thread against pivot trading/saying pivot trading do not worth trading etc..So your detailed answer/link etc will clear the doubts.
Something is being shared here from the basics and there is no compulsion that everybody should start following the method shared. If the people who say that pivots dont work...it is fine let them find out something which works for them...pivot doesnot mean pivot breakouts/breakdowns every time.Pivots are the turning points and they could be used in number of ways which are restricted by imagination and application of any trader.

If people think that it does not work, then they can start a new thread and educate people about what works...we all will be very eager to learn a thing or two from them.

Actually nothing works in the markets 100 % time...there are periods when the market is trending and the trend following methods will work in that period and there are periods when the market is non trending and there the non trending methods will work.A good trader always shifts from these market modes. There are many methods which will help a trader in non trending markets.

Markets trend only 20 % time...and all trend following traders make money in those 20 % by adding and holding their positions in a trend.In sideways period they either step aside or trade on low key and try to loose as little as possible....there are some contratrend traders who will fade the breakouts provided they can handle strongly trending periods.

But for advanced application of any technique, one must learn the basics well...and that is what this thread is doing.

Smart_trade

XUV-500

And suppose bar 9
low(9) lower than low(8)
But bar 9 do not close below low/close of bar (8)
What will be the resultant ?

Edit- Are we considering situations for candle w/o wicks to start with?