Pivot Trading- a new way of Trading

blackberry

Now imagine this situation.

Till Bar 6 - no problem- Rally continues.
Bar 7- Inside Bar
Bar 8- breaks the low of the low of bar 6- Decline started- but Decline not confirmed yet.

Bar 9- breaks the low of Bar 8- Decline confirmed- and the high of Bar 6- becomes mPH.

Hope it is clear now.
One question Subhadip ji,

In above post decline is well understood, but these bars only have body no wicks(left intentionally).So shall it means all confirmation of rally and decline started are based only on body examination not wicks ?

Last edited:

vivektrader

In persuit of financial independence.
One question Suhadip ji,

In above post decline is well understood, but these bars only have body no wicks(left intentionally).So shall it means all confirmation of rally and decline started are based only on body examination not wicks ?
Answering out of turn, the confirmation candle has to break the low of previous candle, not only the body (that would include the wicks when present)

vivektrader

In persuit of financial independence.
Now todays concept revision....
can all you check,3rd one where is decline confirmed, is it previous one or one bar back.
4th one also confusion confirm my points
As far as rally and decline is concerned my understanding is that the concept should be applied in nice trending market, not in greater part of today's market (largely sideways with range of just 20 points, which is unplayable), the precipitous fall towards the is also difficult to enter (?expiry syndrome).

blackberry

As far as rally and decline is concerned my understanding is that the concept should be applied in nice trending market, not in greater part of today's market (largely sideways with range of just 20 points, which is unplayable), the precipitous fall towards the is also difficult to enter (?expiry syndrome).
I am not asking about how much points it made.rally decline is always there,it is another thing that in higher TF market is not trending.Is my marking correct? Please give inputs.

can all you check,3rd one where is decline confirmed, is it previous one or one bar back.
Though i am not an expert in pivots but I don't think ur markings are correct.
About ur 1st marking see 1st big bullish bar and then 9-10 inside bars so avoid trading in that zone.

Subhadip

Please correct 3 & 4..

Try another time....