Pivot Trading- a new way of Trading

Rules of Intraday Flow method: (IDF)

I have learned it from Saint sir, Kapil Sir, Pratap Sir & ST Sir,

IDF trades the minor trend in the direction of visual trend in 5 min chart.

5 min chart used for all index & scripts.

To understand the visual Pivot at 5 min TF, I look at PHs and PLs in 15 min chart. Every pivot in 15 min chart is a visual pivot in 5 min TF. From experience you can do it in 5 min chart itself.

Go long/short at Visual Pivots. Exit at minor pivot break. If 60 min clsoing at known support/ resistance also exit.

Adds on Minor pivots.

Opening trade:
If open in yesterday's range:- in Direction of Flow 30 enter on break of Yesterday's pivot. Against Direction of Flow 30 wait for a 5 min pivot above it or go long/ short above/ below the bar that gives a 15 min close above or below it.

Sideways: Nothing to do. Close outside bodies of sideways and then go long/ short above high/ below low of that bar.

Flags: nothing to do. Trade the Break out & Break down.

Profit booking: Support & Resistance.

Now yesterday Visual UP Condition:
1. Gap up above VPH; go long over mPH over 1st Bar.
2.Open/ Gaps down into range but above Visual ERL: Go long over mPH (When minor trend alligned MPH).
3. Opens/ Gaps down into range but below visual ERL: Go long above VPH; go short below VPL
4: Gaps down below VPL: short on a pivot below 1st Bar.

Now yesterday Visual Down:
1.Gaps down below VPL: Short below minor pivot below 1st Bar.
2.Opens/ gap up into range but below visual ERL: short after minor trend alligned to it.
3.Opens / Gaps up into range but above visual ERL:Go long above VPH: Go short below VPL
4. Gaps up above VPH: Long on a pivot; Short below pivot if 1st Bar moves into range

Visual Sideways Days:
1. open in range- go long avove VPH; go short below VPL
2. Gaps above VPH: long over minor pivot;
3. Gaps below VPL: Short below minor pivot.
Dear subhadip

I understood everything how to mark mph,mpl,vph,vpl,ERL but still iam in confusion. Where to enter when to enter and exit.

Can you explain in simple and short One more time.I read it again and again still iam in confusion.

Can you explain with chart for all the conditions for entry and exit.?

Regards

Mmohanar

Dear subhadip

I understood everything how to mark mph,mpl,vph,vpl,ERL but still iam in confusion. Where to enter when to enter and exit.

Can you explain in simple and short One more time.I read it again and again still iam in confusion.

Can you explain with chart for all the conditions for entry and exit.?

Regards

Mmohanar
Everything is mentioned in the post you quoted,if still not understood,it will be more difficult trading it in real time.This method is not a plug and play method,it needs understanding of many concepts.

Read the full thread again,it will be worth the efforts and time spent on it.

Smart_trade

vivektrader

In persuit of financial independence.
Everything is mentioned in the post you quoted,if still not understood,it will be more difficult trading it in real time.This method is not a plug and play method,it needs understanding of many concepts.

Read the full thread again,it will be worth the efforts and time spent on it.

Smart_trade
Sir, please clarify this phrase, "opens/gaps down into range" does it mean either it opens in yesterday's afternoon range or gap opens outside and then descends in range, is my interpretation correct?

Sir, please clarify this phrase, "opens/gaps down into range" does it mean either it opens in yesterday's afternoon range or gap opens outside and then descends in range, is my interpretation correct?
Opens gap down/ gap up in yesterday's afternoon range.

Let us say market is in uptrend,then in the afternoon the upmove accelerates and market closes at or near the high of the day.Next day the market opens gap down in earlier day's (meaning today's) afternoon range.

Smart_trade

vivektrader

Opens gap down/ gap up in yesterday's afternoon range.

Let us say market is in uptrend,then in the afternoon the upmove accelerates and market closes at or near the high of the day.Next day the market opens gap down in earlier day's (meaning today's) afternoon range.

Smart_trade
Thanks very much for clarification sir, I had totally got it wrong.
Regards always
Vivek

vijkris

Learner and Follower
Thanks very much for clarification sir, I had totally got it wrong.
Regards always
Vivek
lets add a chart for this. if this eg is wrong pls tell, i ll remove the image. don want to confuse people.
thanks.

vivektrader

lets add a chart for this. if this eg is wrong pls tell, i ll remove the image. don want to confuse people.
thanks.
My understanding, yesterday visual up, today open gap down in range below verl and below visual pivot, so in this case we go short below mpl that will be formed below first bar. The chart I have shown is 15min to visualise VP and verl.

Last edited:

vijkris

Learner and Follower
My understanding, yesterday visual up, today open gap down in range below verl and below visual pivot, so in this case we go short below mpl that will be formed below first bar. The chart I have shown is 15min to visualise VP and verl.
i think ur chart is exact explanation of st sir's post.
we should let pictures do the talking whenever tough topics is discussed:D

Subhadip

Thanks Subhadip Sir,
This monster called "Sideways", i could never understand. Everyone says not to trade in sideways market for beginners, but i was always confused as how to identify sideways movement in live market(its easy to say it was a sideways market seeing EOD charts, even a kid can tell that, but when in live market its difficult to identify)This simple chart explains all. Thanks again :)
One easy way of identifying sideways-
if in Visual uptrend, and price came down below the VPH, then do not trade; till you are not confirmed about the minor uptrend.

if in visual Downtrend, price gone up above VPL, then do not trade till you are confirmed about the minor down trend..

vivektrader

One easy way of identifying sideways-
if in Visual uptrend, and price came down below the VPH, then do not trade; till you are not confirmed about the minor uptrend.

if in visual Downtrend, price gone up above VPL, then do not trade till you are confirmed about the minor down trend..
Dear Subhadeep, please have a look at chart below:

Its yesterday visual sideways, today gap open below VPL, as per rule we should enter long over VPH, Please comment as per IDF where our entry should be?
Thanks
Regards
Vivek