Pivot Trading- a new way of Trading

Catch22

This is to all,

Nothing in big difference in 3 TF and 5 TF, but I prefer more volatile script to be traded in 3 min TF and less volatile script like NF to be traded in 5 min TF.

More volatile means Crude, BNF etc. both are my darlings.

Now to trade first u identify the trend in hourly and in 15 min TF. Then trade in lower TF.

Suppose, in hourly it is uptrend, I am talking about Visual uptrend. And in 15 min TF also visual uptrend.

Now in lower TF, you are seeing a decline going on. I will never go for shorting when higher TF is uptrend in 15 min TF.

I will wait for a break of high of mPH, to go long in lower TF.
It's touching ,to see you start all over again .And a big thumbs up to your attitude .Wish you the very best .bro.

eku

I request Subha to Report all the Posts by our very friendly friend learnthemarket.
So that we can see only Pivot related posts,Q&A and MM discussions only..

Its kinda disturbing the flow.Pls request Admin to delete those posts by clicking that RTO like button ..

Good Night Sir..

PUCHU_2500

I re-analyse my older traded chart Pls, see, http://www.traderji.com/equities/98259-my-trading-charts-4.html , what I have learnt to day from subhadip's thread....I am not good in english and also a good trader.....however what I am trying to learn all of my explanations are described on my chart. to day I have got my points why my 1st short trade was successful (somebody may insult me for that 10 points !! but points are nothing for me, after taking short it was continued to down.... )and why I failed to take the potential 2nd short trade........taking 1st lesson.....many thanks to subhadip.......hope I will learn more from him in future........
(subhadip, pls, see my chart and give your valuable 2 cents.....)

today I marked on my chart with blue and dark blue color.......

gkpc

I re-analyse my older traded chart Pls, see, http://www.traderji.com/equities/98259-my-trading-charts-4.html , what I have learnt to day from subhadip's thread....I am not good in english and also a good trader.....however what I am trying to learn all of my explanations are described on my chart. to day I have got my points why my 1st short trade was successful (somebody may insult me for that 10 points !! but points are nothing for me, after taking short it was continued to down.... )and why I failed to take the potential 2nd short trade........taking 1st lesson.....many thanks to subhadip.......hope I will learn more from him in future........

Thanks for this effort Puchu. Trust such posts with details will help members learn more deeply what Subha is teaching.
Had a query : In the chart posted it is mentioned at E: 7 & 8 Bars are confirming downtrend.
Which one is it, bar 7 or bar 8? I think it should be bar 8 as it has closed below the low of Bar 1.
Also 5 is a IB so was 2 ! In fact Bar 1 had formed an IDNR5, i.e. all 4 bars after bar 1 had a narrower range within the Range of Bar1?
So, do we need to wait for the breach of high low of bar1 before deciding on the next Trend direction?

gkpc

Learnthemarket, Please dont think that a person posting his own contracts with profitable trades will be able to 'teach' better. He may at the most increase confidence in traders for the strategy but that cannot ensure a Profitable trades by the learner. Same strategy can be profitable for one and may not be as good for another and in fact may give loss to a third person!
Strategies are a minor part of trading. A person needs is to mould a strategy, adapt a strategy according to his/her own personality ! And the most important things are discipline mm and rr management ! So when a person teaches something new or something old but teaches again as understood by him/her, he/she may be teaching a system of trade adapted by them as it matched with their personality ! Now the people following his lessons need to understand the strategy and look at it with their point of view and decide whether its worth persuing for trading by him/her ! Its of no consequence whether or not the person posting the lessons was profitable with it or not !
So stop whinning about posting his own contracts !

The system is not being rammed down anybody's throat, its been offered like a lozenge , take it in mouth, move it around, if you like the initial taste, crush it a bit, you still like it continue otherwise on first hint of it being not acceptable to one's tastebuds, spit it out!

Better have a critical look at what is being posted, if you like it , continue to have a look , ask questions otherwise move on, move to some other thread !

Please take this post in good faith and if you think I am a bit correct, please refrain from such posts elsewhere on Forum, if you think my understanding of your post is misplaced, you are welcome to counter it but do note there will not be a follow up post from me!

My intention for writing this post was to defend strongly the people who are trying to teach, even the ones who do not trade but may be are good teachers. I have seen in the past a few threads crushed before they could bloom manily because of such heckling posts putting cold water on their enthu ! Surely we do not know whether the so called untimely closed threads were worth anything or not. My objection is to let a thread continue, if its worth it , it will survive or will die a natural death. Why stomp it without giving it a chance ???? :mad:

Apologies for some strong words used but thats how I feel ! :(
Hello RH, This post seems to echo your thoughts as posted in the crude trading thread! Thanks for this support for all teachers in the Forum! :thumb:

Subhadip

2,3,4,5,6,7, all the bars are inside bar of the bar number 1.

So avoid trading in that range for starter.

Your second short is nice.

Please do not go for micro management seeing 3 min chart. We will discuss regarding methods & all in coming days

Subhadip

Hi Subhadip,

Good Thread!

Just rechecking. Conventionally inside bar is a 'non sequiter' and outside bar requires further confirmation

In the scenario posted by you, its customary to wait for further confirmation of decline

2c
Yes for confirmation of decline you have to wait my dear friend.

Subhadip

Thanks for this effort Puchu. Trust such posts with details will help members learn more deeply what Subha is teaching.
Had a query : In the chart posted it is mentioned at E: 7 & 8 Bars are confirming downtrend.
Which one is it, bar 7 or bar 8? I think it should be bar 8 as it has closed below the low of Bar 1.
Also 5 is a IB so was 2 ! In fact Bar 1 had formed an IDNR5, i.e. all 4 bars after bar 1 had a narrower range within the Range of Bar1?
So, do we need to wait for the breach of high low of bar1 before deciding on the next Trend direction?
Good Job.

Yes, we need to wait for the breach of low of Bar 1 before deciding on the decline confirmation.