Performance Postmortem

chintan786

Thank you for starting this thread. I am following Madan, Pawan Arora , Mitesh and many other On twitter and found that what ever the system/rule they following there winners are between 40 -- 53% . So it's not there system which makes any Trader Master Trader. But it is there money mgmt. skills that makes them winner. I have seen if your system/method have win ratio abv. 40% then by money management rules you can easily achieve you 70% +. but then following need some time to get habituated to ...

kingsmasher1

Hello @timepass

Thanks for sharing the details.
Was curious to know about you entry/exit criteria. Is it breakout based? Where do you place your stop-loss? Is it in previous swing-low/high or pivot?
@timepass
The purpose of this forum and perhaps any trading forum is to share knowledge with fellow traders, and to know and correct from each other's mistakes.

I understand losses are painful mate, especially if it doesn't work being into something for 6 long years (or even more), but at least it would have done good to others if you would have answered my queries, so everyone would know what went wrong and not to repeat the same or at least be careful.

Being in this forum for almost 5 years now, I have seen you telling on members trading diary to post the trade logic rather than just PnL, and that perfectly makes sense as it helps others learning, but i am utterly confused, when it comes to your thread, and a fellow trader asks you a query so it helps him and others, and you completely ignore it.

Not ignoring it. Just waiting for the weekend.

I am not trading much these days. My trading strategy these days is basically following the ADX on 3 min for the options.

I need to work on the stoploss, because there are no bracket orders useful for the options, and when the move comes, it comes too fast. I usually keep a stoploss of about 20 points BNF, but it is manual hence too quick to follow.

kingsmasher1

I usually keep a stoploss of about 20 points BNF, but it is manual hence too quick to follow.
Thanks @timepass.
So do you do option writing or mostly buying?

Also, since you said moves are too fast, i believe you do mostly ATM or ITM buying?

Of late, I have been active on twitter, and see too many folks trying option writing. They say, far OTM options with stoploss (strangle types), mostly works for them. Wondering if you tried that as well, and theoretically that doesn't work in long term, unlike their claim?

Last edited:

marimuthu13

Not ignoring it. Just waiting for the weekend.

I am not trading much these days. My trading strategy these days is basically following the ADX on 3 min for the options.

I need to work on the stoploss, because there are no bracket orders useful for the options, and when the move comes, it comes too fast. I usually keep a stoploss of about 20 points BNF, but it is manual hence too quick to follow.
waiting for your weekend post...if you are okay with 7-10% return, then i can give you my personalized scanner for trading stocks intra

VJAY

I have been wondering about updating this, for I just ended my 6th consecutive red year.

View attachment 45226

The year comprised of 157 positive sessions (total 34024, average 216.71), 36 negative sessions (total -49030, average 1362) and 57 no trade sessions. There were 10 very bad sessions (total -39593).

The only positive thing is that the longest "no loss" streak was of 32 sessions, and that this year had the smallest loss of the previous ones. It seems that No Trade is a big part of trading.
Dear TP,
Just now saw your this post and its sad that you still continue lossing years ..as STda mentioned your loss is higher then profit..so RR is in doubt....I think any simple method will give result better than this...as you allready expereinced trader you not need any advice...please work on..hope this year you are in winning side :)