performance of my system

Manish,

Are these analysis for positional or intraday?

If positional the trade is carried over to next day without a problem. If intraday, the trade should be closed by the end of the day. Check your trade list, if the trade is closed on the same day or carried over to next day.
stop and reverse type positional system,

avny

hi friends
lots of views, but very limited comments
what comments u want?
u have posted some statistics and they look good,
people already commented on that,what else u want?
nobody is interested in mere statistics
people come here to learn,share ,to improve or to help others
ofcourse some come here to market their product and get banned
in which category u are?
decide and act accordingly

be happy

what comments u want?
u have posted some statistics and they look good,
people already commented on that,what else u want?
nobody is interested in mere statistics
people come here to learn,share ,to improve or to help others
ofcourse some come here to market their product and get banned
in which category u are?
decide and act accordingly

be happy
hi
i have designed this system around 6 month back after the my research and learning from traderji and efforts of 1.5 years. ,but i am not very expert of trading so i was not very confident about this.so i have not started trading again, which i had left 2 year ago due to lose and improper trading methods .i posted this stats so that other experienced traders can review it and up to now around 6 to 7 peoples have commented on this, and which has increased my confidence in my system.and for the same reason i posted this ,but more comments from senior members will certainly give me more confidence and help, to start the trading again.

Mr.G

Back tested stats and actual trading performance is extremely different my friend, the market is very efficient and with time every trading system has become dull. We cant tell you anything with mere stats. You will have to share the system aswell as a whole. Or did you expect everyone to applaud you and cheer? Wait till Danpickup finds this thread.

Back tested stats and actual trading performance is extremely different my friend, the market is very efficient and with time every trading system has become dull. We cant tell you anything with mere stats. You will have to share the system aswell as a whole. Or did you expect everyone to applaud you and cheer? Wait till Danpickup finds this thread.
hi
constructive criticism and suggestions will also be helpful for me.

Mr.G

hi
no margin money and position sizing has been considered in this analysis.
Well, that is exactly is the stuff which is missing in your analysis, to get some meaningful comments. You have not even considered position sizing, which means what Ami backtest gives you is wrong/unrealistic (one will never achieve it in reality). Either you are very novice that, you didn't even understand what Happy_Singh have told you above?

Its upto you and your personal decision to disclose your system or afl. You don't have to :). Same way, don't expect all seniors to jump in and comment without a meaningful data provided. For others to give some meaningful comments, you need to provide some meaningful inputs ;).

I see that Happy_Singh has already asked you to try a practical stuff. Its good to see you responded saying no futuristic looking. For compounding, I answered you how to check that. Why don't you try that and post the results so it encourages others to comment more. Its just 1 line add to your afl and posting the results :) Or did you tried it and the results were not good enough, so you ignored the post ;). Not trying to be cynical, but trying to understand what more you are expecting with the data you have provided? Enough comments are provided on what to see next.

Last edited:

DSM

Hi Manish,

Since you are seeking sincere feedback, here's my 2C - again.

Let me again clarify that I genuinely wish you well and hope to see your system work successfully. I am reverting to you again only for the reason that my feedback can be of help, rather than providing you some off hand words of encouragement.

There is a reason for being critical of results derived by back testing systems. I am providing my one own such example... A system that looked good on testing over random periods, and I tried looking deeper to see where it could be wrong in terms of my assumptions. I noticed that the system was taking entry and exit at the start of the signal bar which is not possible in real time and real life. Hence changing the entry and exit to the next bar after the signal bar, reduced much of the promise the system offered.

There is another popular thread in the forum by HealthRaj that backtested a result of 1 lakh to 652 lakhs in 497 trading days. This thread was popular and had over 3 lakh views. But HealthRaj (Who I much appreciate and admire for his efforts and sincerity) admitted that the system did not work well...

The problem with backtesting is that one can tweak parameter and look for survivor among rules that fits the data available - but it does not work like that in real life, else every body (accountants, IT guys, professionals, corporates etc) would spend a few thousands or lakhs of rupees on a laptop and a system and do data scans tweaking RSI, ADX, MA, Bollingerbands etc and put it to work for them making money while they went to sleep.

There was a quote by a trader on the forum - The Holy Grail that everybody looks for is within - in the mind of the trader. I much agree. More than 80% of the success in the market will come from trading psychology, money and risk management, position sizing, discipline, confidence in the system, experience etc. System will form the other 20%.

BTW without any clarity on what system you are using can say little else.

I hope you take this post in the manner it is intended.

Good luck.

hi
constructive criticism and suggestions will also be helpful for me.