Peak, Trough & Zig

kkseal

Kalyan

Here is some work I had done longtime back to plot the pivots, uding zig, peak and trough functions. But the work was done in Metastock.

Metastock code is also available in the that thread. Translation to afl should be easy,

http://www.traderji.com/16832-post1.html

regards

Karthik
Thanks Karthik. Have been through that thread of yours and downloaded the AFL . Will study it.

Karthik, i remember you using the PEAK function in MABITUS; Does it return the actual peak (High) pivot value or the value of the pivot as returned by ZigZag?

Regards,
Kalyan.

Last edited:

kkseal

Kalyan even i spend the whole day to figure out exactly wat to do. Problem is with Zig zag its not at all necessary that the day a pivot is formed the same day the the value is HHV(highest value).

And since we consider pivots from High to low of the Peak to trough i cudnt realy work it out.

thanks
Yeah, the Zigzag is a bit confusing. The discrepancy you've mentioned is clearly visible in Karthik's chart as well. But do the values correspond (i.e. those of the Zigzag pivots & actual price pivots)?

Regards,
Kalyan.

U

uasish

"Dynamic projections for the future? Interesting... "

By being Dynamic it is meant that even in the Left side of the Chart it is not static.