pc win xp problems

lvgandhi

Now when I click, start button it flickers.
IE does not open bookmarks in favourites bar first time. If any page is open, then FB works.
Firefox shows window top bar grey color and I could not move windows.
I checked for virus with microsoft security essentials. nothing found.
Any solutions?

jahan

IE does not open bookmarks in favourites bar first time. If any page is open, then FB works.
Any solutions?
Hello,

1).Run last known good configuration by hitting f8 key while ur system boots.

2)Do system Restore.....from safe mode...start>programs>accessories>sytemtools>systemrestore.

3).after doing this also if u can't succeed ....then from other computer download MWTI Tool kit by typing in google search....this mwti tool kit can be downloaded from www.mwti.net. run this .exe from safe mode ur problem will be solved in next boot.

4).if above three options didn't work then simply format ur system.by taking backup from safe mode.

5).if safe mode also not working then.....find a linux OS based cd boot from that and backup ur system...and then format.

6).if u can't find any linux based OS cd ....then simply remove ur hard disk and connect to other system..then take backup and install OS after format.

Regards,

lvgandhi

Hello,

2)Do system Restore.....from safe mode...start>programs>accessories>sytemtools>systemrestore.

3).after doing this also if u can't succeed ....then from other computer download MWTI Tool kit by typing in google search....this mwti tool kit can be downloaded from www.mwti.net. run this .exe from safe mode ur problem will be solved in next boot.

4).if above three options didn't work then simply format ur system.by taking backup from safe mode.

5).if safe mode also not working then.....find a linux OS based cd boot from that and backup ur system...and then format.

6).if u can't find any linux based OS cd ....then simply remove ur hard disk and connect to other system..then take backup and install OS after format.

Regards,
I will try and come back afterwards.

DanPickUp

Hello,

Regards,
@Jahan

I love your post. Today I tested this link of yours on a system: www.mwti.net. Not bad, but a huge program to instal just to repair a problem on a system. Hounderts of MB wlll be installed we even have to remove again after the system repair may did work with that.

So people who will get rid of that software after it may solved the problem have to know how to clean up there systems now.

Are you in IT or do you have an IT background?

DanPickUp

jahan

@Jahan

I love your post. Today I tested this link of yours on a system: www.mwti.net. Not bad, but a huge program to instal just to repair a problem on a system. Hounderts of MB wlll be installed we even have to remove again after the system repair may did work with that.

So people who will get rid of that software after it may solved the problem have to know how to clean up there systems now.

Are you in IT or do you have an IT background?

DanPickUp
Thank u Master....No i didn't have have any IT background...By Academically iam a Mechanical Engineer(done only 5yrs of job)....and Professionally A Trader..................Trading made me learn linked/involved things...............yes ur right from ur perspective....but sometimes the pain we taken worth... bcoz its depends on importance of the data we have..the tool is 194 Mb more/less in size but remove almost all trojans,malwares..etc....if this tool can't do anything(my belief) i think there is no other tool available in the market and only option remains ....i.e format.

what i believe is prevention is better than cure .....after installing OS i always install Genuine Security suite...its worth buying..... some people don't consider buying Antivirus....always look for free things.

Regards,

Any solutions?
Maybe it is something as simple as memory full.

Check your hard disk space, must have at least 30% hard disk space free. Run scandisk and defragment if necessary. Maybe now your system is finding the RAM too low or maybe there is some program running in the background that you don't know about - use the task manager to check it.

Anyway, winxp is on its last legs, the sooner that you move on to win7 or 8, the better.

DanPickUp

Maybe it is something as simple as memory full.

Check your hard disk space, must have at least 30% hard disk space free. Run scandisk and defragment if necessary. Maybe now your system is finding the RAM too low or maybe there is some program running in the background that you don't know about - use the task manager to check it.

Anyway, winxp is on its last legs, the sooner that you move on to win7 or 8, the better.
@TP

Runing task manager is easy to say and to do. But you need to know what it shows. Frankly spoken and asked: Do you understand each line shown there?

Scan disk and defragmenting speeds up your system, but not solves the above mentioned problems.

Take care / DanPickUp

lvgandhi

Hello,

Regards,
I have tried first two.
1)In case of first suggestion , I had only one configuration. It was of no use. I would like to know how to make more configuration.

2)I tried second also for various restore points as far back as two months. Still no solution with that.

3) I am downloading mwav.exe. I will try and comeback.

However I would like to add certain poits.
I have 2gb memory and available memory is 1.5 gb as per task manager. C:\ drive is 50 gb and free space is 28 gb.
Further I found one thing that if I press windows button ,I have start menu coming and IE also works normally.
on lighter side I am not sure may be microsoft mixed win8 update with winxp

narayan78

Any solutions?
bhai, if u have spare mouse just check your mouse, (change/replace with a spare mouse and see)

some times hardware malfunction also cause strange problems.:)

with cheers,
narayan.