PC shuts down in between

hi i m using AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual core processor 4800+ 2.50 GHz runnig windows 7. my pc shuts down in between without any warning or error. I have formated it twice but the problem remains same . i have clean the processor fan and heat sink for dirt.
i install speed fan to check the fan speed and temp, will installing office 2010 I have observed that its shutdown at the halfway mark of installing.
the readings of speed fan are as follows
TEMP 1 75C
TEMP 2 44C
TEMP 3 -128C
HD 0 44C
HD 1 40C
CORE 90C
this readings are just before shutdown

please help me identify the problems

Thanks in advance
:confused:

NiftyFantasy

hi i m using AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual core processor 4800+ 2.50 GHz runnig windows 7. my pc shuts down in between without any warning or error. I have formated it twice but the problem remains same . i have clean the processor fan and heat sink for dirt.
i install speed fan to check the fan speed and temp, will installing office 2010 I have observed that its shutdown at the halfway mark of installing.
the readings of speed fan are as follows
TEMP 1 75C
TEMP 2 44C
TEMP 3 -128C
HD 0 44C
HD 1 40C
CORE 90C
this readings are just before shutdown

please help me identify the problems

Thanks in advance
:confused:
I think problem is with your PC power switch... it is not functioning properly...
BTW: what is the default function set for power button.. if it is set for shut down... you can change it to logoff to check its working...
CHANGE YOUR SMPS OF PC

Last edited:
i faced same problem...some times it works well..some times it restart suddenly ..when i changed SMPS ...it worked well ..and no problem till today.

So ...please check your SMPS...

also try to clean pc to avoid contact problems due to dust settling down in and around contacts.

Have the same processor. Except that I have 4000 2.1Ghz. Had a similar problem before. After getting shut down once, it never started after that. The problem was in SMPS. Bought a new one for about Rs.600 and now it is fine.

You mentioned you had cleaned the heatsink. Did you reseat it properly? Anytime you take it out, you must reapply the contact gel which is a heat conductor. If you don't reapply it their will be small air pockets on the processor surface at the micro level. And air is not the best conductor of heat.

Temp 3 of 128C and core of 90C seems unusually high. Will tell you what temperatures I have when I restart next time. But if your PC shuts down with high level of activity then it is due to heating. And the solution is to reapply thermal paste.

TraderRavi

low risk profile
mera PC bhi problem kar raha hai. start button dabane par start hone ki koshish karta hai fir turant hi band ho jata hai . matlab boot nahi hota. 5 - 6 baar aise hi hota hai. fir start hota hai. kabhi ek baar mein hi start ho jata hai. 7 saal se sahi chal raha hai assembled PC hai. problem in electricity unit of PC ?