Pattern Trading

Dear Friends!

Pattern Trading is one of the most handy tools to trade/invest in the market.
The beauty of patterns is that they provide a visual & lively representation of the evergoing fight between different market participants.

Coupled with the ability to forecast precise Entry, Target & Stop-loss points, chart patterns give a technical trader the proverbial edge.

As this discipline of pattern trading is my favourite area in Technical Trading, I want to share the fruits of my labour with fellow boarders and hence I am starting this thread. I would be posting the links of various patterns which are either in the process of forming a pattern or which have broke out of the pattern. The Entry,Stop Loss & Targets will be given after the breakout. I will also try to provide option strategies for the patterns.

At the moment, the analysis will cover only NSE stocks but my targets are to expand the area to International & Other Financial Markets to the extent permitted by my schedule.

To start with, the following patterns have been listed on my blog http://tradingtalks.blogspot.com.

1. Breakouts:

Sl. No.---Stock---Pattern
1. ---CMC --- Flag
2. ---SIL --- Double Top
3. ---Pratibha ---Triangle
4. ---ICSA---Double Bottom
5. ---ANSALHSG---Triangle

2. Breakout Candidates:

Sl. No.---Stock---Pattern

1. ---LT --- Triangle
2. ---Provogue --- Triangle
3. ---Primesecu --- Diamond
4. ---Finantech --- Head & Shoulder
5. ---SIEMENS --- Triangle

You all are welcome to comment, discuss and correct.

Best Regards,
--Ashish
http://tradingtalks.blogspot.com

hi
this is ali from hyderabad,
you explained here so many things and its vearry usefull to new bee's like me, will you please add 1 2 3 pattern in this in your post and lets us learn,

warm regards
Ali

U

uasish

Ashish,

Heard now you are at Delhi,hope your proffessional assignments are going Gr8.
We at Tradrji is being taught by you about different patterns.
Feel a little bit of brush up of your teachings are need of the Hour,can you plz explain whether this is a 'Diamond' if not why ?

Asish

N.B. Souyma,you have also stoped your contributions in Pattern.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Ashish,

Came accross your posting in this forum today. Visited your site.
EXCELLENT work, Sir.
One suggestion- difficult to read red color alphabets on black color background. Can you change the color of alphabets to Green or White.

Thanks and Best Wishes

wonderful!!!
now in addition to t/a we must search these type of stocks.
anybody having the list of such stocks may please post few stocks here for study.the study will be interesting .
Sir,
To expand on your suggestion, I feel each forum member should post 5 stocks meeting the criteria laid down by Mr.Zanger.
With effort of each member, we shall have quite a good list of stocks .Since patterns keep repeating , and with ready list of stocks , all forum members shall benefit.
Thanks,
ttthakur
PS: Charity begins at home. : I hope to post at least 2 stocks within a week

Hello,
I am trying to find software that will allow me to scan for 6 triangle patterns. I have looked at Patternz but it wasn't what I was looking for. Does anyone know of any pattern recognition software they feel is excellent because they are using it or a friend is? I am using Amibroker as my software. Thank you.

Best regards,

Tim