Pathfinders

Hello,
I have been following pathfinders training program since the past couple of months but I am a bit sceptical on joining it.
Can anybody please advice.

Colin

I am student in this course. There are some pros and cons. You may like it but I have some genuine issues. I don't want to advertise or criticise but if you want detailed review kindly send a PM. I would gladly help you make a proper decision.

I am student in this course. There are some pros and cons. You may like it but I have some genuine issues. I don't want to advertise or criticise but if you want detailed review kindly send a PM. I would gladly help you make a proper decision.
Colin,

Your PM is not enabled, would u like to shed the light of Pros and Cons ? If you can PM me please

I am replying because I am currently enrolled in the Pathfinders trading course. The Instructor Mr Vashishtha has experience of several years which he will share with his students. He also has training from international coaches. There are some issues but let me be very clear, he is an excellent trader. His profits, trades and methodology are indeed genuinely impressive. He is not a cheat or a fraud. Having said that I am a little dissatisfied with the experience.
In the beginning I was very impressed because of his humble image. His fees is also quiet low when compared to any other teacher/ mentor I have looked for.
But there are some issues which only come up once you have actually joined. For example
1) Most of the Actual lessons and theoretical knowledge that he teaches can be found online for free. I was a complete newbie just 3 months back and had no idea that if I just keep searching around I will get so much stuff for free through websites, youtube, newsletters, etc. The problem is the effort and time that goes in all of this. I thought I could speed up my basic and advanced learning by joining his course. In the beginning when I knew nothing, it felt like a great deal. But now seeing the free resources available I am regretting paying so much (His fees is still one of the lowest and most affordable that I have seen and I searched a lot).
2) His course is spread out over 6 months (online lecture 1-2 hrs every thursday evening) but he often repeats his lessons. Also you get recording for max 1 week after which you cannot access that lesson. This means no review possible at a later stage. Also since you don't have recordings you can't prove that he has already taught the same topic before. I have raised this issue with them through Email but have not received a reply.
3) He holds a live trading day with the students on the last thursday of every month ,i.e., expiry day. Now this is usually the most exciting day since it is quite volatile. Some students take leave from their jobs to attend these full day live trading sessions. This is also usually the most profitable day for him. As long as I have been his student he has made huge profits on these days. Everyone is impressed. Let me be clear his results are genuine and authentic. But the one thing he does that is a little bit deceptive is claiming that his daily online trading rooms are exactly like this which is not true. Now if you are a bit rational and wise, you should never expect same kind of results daily in stock markets. But when you are attending that expiry day full day trading session and see the actual profits that he makes right in front of you (sometimes in minutes) you can’t help but get a little swayed. That is when he will sell his daily trading room to you.
4) During his course he will keep pushing his students to join his Daily online live trading room. He will sell it as this great experience that will change your trading completely. The trading room is also mixture of good and bad. First of all it is not full day. It is split in two or three sessions depending on the plan you choose- 9.15 AM- 10.30 AM Intraday/Swing/Portfolio, 12 PM- 1 PM Options(exclusive to Option course people only), 2.00 PM- 3.30PM Normal trading. Also 9 PM- 10PM night Commodity sessions on select days only. Now what happens is because of the gaps in the day you are left on your own for a few hours during market timing. A seasoned trader may be able to handle this unguided time but a complete novice like me who doesn’t know what to do when markets move against you, is left completely clueless. He is extremely skillful and almost always books profit. But the students sometimes keep holding on to losses or don’t book profits at the right time.
5) During his full day trading session he will make a big deal about how he has to log every trade as a rule. In fact he will stop trading just so he can log each trade. He claims that he does this every day. But the truth is that he does not log any trade during his daily trading room. It is just an act to show to his students that he is very diligent when in reality he has a much more casual trading style. ( There is nothing wrong in his casual style but he pretends to be very diligent on that day in front of his students. Later when the students join his daily trading room, they realise that diligence was an act.)
6) The following issue may only apply to me and others may not see it as a problem.
He stresses rule based trading to an extreme degree during his full day session often stopping other students who are taking a risky trade. He says that never break the trading rules. This creates the impression that he is a rule based trader. But on normal days he frequently breaks the rules and in fact ignores the rules completely and often contradicts the students who try to remind him of the rules. Now an experienced trader will tell you that you can not follow the rules mechanically but have to be a bit flexible sometimes. But his particular stress on rules during the full day session acts as a misguiding factor. In fact most traders are left confused as to when they should strictly follow the rules and when can they be flexible.
7) He entices his students with the promise that during daily trading rooms he teaches new strategies regularly and often asks his trading room subscribers whether they are learning new strategies or not. They all reply Yes Sir, Yes Sir, (almost like puppets). But the truth is he has shared maybe 6 or 7 strategies and repeats the same strategy acting as if he is teaching it for the first time. Let me be clear, that the few strategies that he teaches are extremely reliable. If he claimed that I will only teach two or three strategies but they are reliable, that would be a good claim. But promising and enticing outsiders with many strategies and delivering only a few may leave you dissatisfied.
I hope you don’t just listen to my words and weigh the pros and cons yourself. Let me state again that in my opinion he is an extremely skillful trader. His results are authentic. He is not lying when he shows his profits.
But if you are a complete novice please don’t think his guidance will turn you into profitable trader. Most of the time you will be left on your own, often staring at a loss making trade that you only took because he took it. You won’t know whether you should close your position or hold on. His instructions are never clear. Most trades will be stuck between your buy price and stoploss. Then it will square off in loss at market close automatically. Next day he will show that he some how managed to close with profit or with a very small loss. He will claim that following rules is the only way. And on other days he will say you should not follow the rules if you are in loss.
These are just my views. I think some other students will sing his praise. Only you will be able to judge for yourself. I hope my experience helps you in understanding that you can not expect a stop to your loss making even with a mentor if the mentor is not available when it matters.

SaravananKS

I am replying because I am currently enrolled in the Pathfinders trading course. The Instructor Mr Vashishtha has experience of several years which he will share with his students. He also has training from international coaches. There are some issues but let me be very clear, he is an excellent trader. His profits, trades and methodology are indeed genuinely impressive. He is not a cheat or a fraud. Having said that I am a little dissatisfied with the experience.
In the beginning I was very impressed because of his humble image. His fees is also quiet low when compared to any other teacher/ mentor I have looked for.
But there are some issues which only come up once you have actually joined. For example
1) Most of the Actual lessons and theoretical knowledge that he teaches can be found online for free. I was a complete newbie just 3 months back and had no idea that if I just keep searching around I will get so much stuff for free through websites, youtube, newsletters, etc. The problem is the effort and time that goes in all of this. I thought I could speed up my basic and advanced learning by joining his course. In the beginning when I knew nothing, it felt like a great deal. But now seeing the free resources available I am regretting paying so much (His fees is still one of the lowest and most affordable that I have seen and I searched a lot).
2) His course is spread out over 6 months (online lecture 1-2 hrs every thursday evening) but he often repeats his lessons. Also you get recording for max 1 week after which you cannot access that lesson. This means no review possible at a later stage. Also since you don't have recordings you can't prove that he has already taught the same topic before. I have raised this issue with them through Email but have not received a reply.
3) He holds a live trading day with the students on the last thursday of every month ,i.e., expiry day. Now this is usually the most exciting day since it is quite volatile. Some students take leave from their jobs to attend these full day live trading sessions. This is also usually the most profitable day for him. As long as I have been his student he has made huge profits on these days. Everyone is impressed. Let me be clear his results are genuine and authentic. But the one thing he does that is a little bit deceptive is claiming that his daily online trading rooms are exactly like this which is not true. Now if you are a bit rational and wise, you should never expect same kind of results daily in stock markets. But when you are attending that expiry day full day trading session and see the actual profits that he makes right in front of you (sometimes in minutes) you can’t help but get a little swayed. That is when he will sell his daily trading room to you.
4) During his course he will keep pushing his students to join his Daily online live trading room. He will sell it as this great experience that will change your trading completely. The trading room is also mixture of good and bad. First of all it is not full day. It is split in two or three sessions depending on the plan you choose- 9.15 AM- 10.30 AM Intraday/Swing/Portfolio, 12 PM- 1 PM Options(exclusive to Option course people only), 2.00 PM- 3.30PM Normal trading. Also 9 PM- 10PM night Commodity sessions on select days only. Now what happens is because of the gaps in the day you are left on your own for a few hours during market timing. A seasoned trader may be able to handle this unguided time but a complete novice like me who doesn’t know what to do when markets move against you, is left completely clueless. He is extremely skillful and almost always books profit. But the students sometimes keep holding on to losses or don’t book profits at the right time.
5) During his full day trading session he will make a big deal about how he has to log every trade as a rule. In fact he will stop trading just so he can log each trade. He claims that he does this every day. But the truth is that he does not log any trade during his daily trading room. It is just an act to show to his students that he is very diligent when in reality he has a much more casual trading style. ( There is nothing wrong in his casual style but he pretends to be very diligent on that day in front of his students. Later when the students join his daily trading room, they realise that diligence was an act.)
6) The following issue may only apply to me and others may not see it as a problem.
He stresses rule based trading to an extreme degree during his full day session often stopping other students who are taking a risky trade. He says that never break the trading rules. This creates the impression that he is a rule based trader. But on normal days he frequently breaks the rules and in fact ignores the rules completely and often contradicts the students who try to remind him of the rules. Now an experienced trader will tell you that you can not follow the rules mechanically but have to be a bit flexible sometimes. But his particular stress on rules during the full day session acts as a misguiding factor. In fact most traders are left confused as to when they should strictly follow the rules and when can they be flexible.
7) He entices his students with the promise that during daily trading rooms he teaches new strategies regularly and often asks his trading room subscribers whether they are learning new strategies or not. They all reply Yes Sir, Yes Sir, (almost like puppets). But the truth is he has shared maybe 6 or 7 strategies and repeats the same strategy acting as if he is teaching it for the first time. Let me be clear, that the few strategies that he teaches are extremely reliable. If he claimed that I will only teach two or three strategies but they are reliable, that would be a good claim. But promising and enticing outsiders with many strategies and delivering only a few may leave you dissatisfied.
I hope you don’t just listen to my words and weigh the pros and cons yourself. Let me state again that in my opinion he is an extremely skillful trader. His results are authentic. He is not lying when he shows his profits.
But if you are a complete novice please don’t think his guidance will turn you into profitable trader. Most of the time you will be left on your own, often staring at a loss making trade that you only took because he took it. You won’t know whether you should close your position or hold on. His instructions are never clear. Most trades will be stuck between your buy price and stoploss. Then it will square off in loss at market close automatically. Next day he will show that he some how managed to close with profit or with a very small loss. He will claim that following rules is the only way. And on other days he will say you should not follow the rules if you are in loss.
These are just my views. I think some other students will sing his praise. Only you will be able to judge for yourself. I hope my experience helps you in understanding that you can not expect a stop to your loss making even with a mentor if the mentor is not available when it matters.
Nice!!! your reply saved me around 39K..... A Real mentor should not do all gimmicks you mentioned in this Post.....

hames

I have joined his course in past, answer in plain and simple is Do Not Join his course and save your 35+k money. In his 5 day course,one of the two method which is being taught is of supertrend. All the stuff taught is already available on internet. I could not benefit from his course. his course also teaches on money management and other stuff which are good but again they are easily available on internet. He keeps on shifting his trading systems and tells that he has taught you this and that system(his system are crossover or supertrend, nothing magic in that). half of the time his system will hit SL and he will say its part of trading. agreed but it cannot be more than 50% of the time. I have seen in his live trading room trend is up and he will still short, when asked on logic he will say Nifty PE has reached 26, like this he has hit many SL's even though there was no downtrend started.

In his trading room whenever market opens and he is fast to take trade, he doesnt guide why he took a certain position, where would be his SL and TP. In many trades his Sl's are quite wide, and accordingly would keep wide TP, Many times after taking trades he himself would say that looks like he entered early or took wrong trade. Its common sense that whenever you take a trade it has to be pre-planned, what is the entry, exit and sl. but as soon as market opens he is in hurry to take trade, would then keep wide sl's and wide tp, and in somewhere middle of the day either his sl's would hit or would exit in between saying market is sideways. Most of the time he would only short, and his famous line would be Nifty PE is extremely high, are bhai technically market is not showing any weakness and still he will short saying Nifty PE is high market has to crash.

Save your money !!