Parabolic SAR in Omnesys NEST

riaz

Hello Traders and Investors in Traderji,
For the past 10 years I'm passively active in Traderji, absorbing the knowledge posted by my seniors. I have started using Karvy's Nest Trading software. In the Technical analysis chart, When I select Parabolic SAR I get a window where it asks for 3 parameters (Period 1, Period 2 and Period 3) and the Range is at number 2. Can anybody please help me to understand what are these numbers and what is the standard values to be filled in to get the Parabolic SAR chart.
Thanks in Advance.
RIAZ
Parabolic SAR.jpg

riaz

Dear VJAY, It's not working. Parabolic SAR is not displayed. Can you please help me in detail? As you said I entered 8 in one box and 34 in another box. Then 3 rd one I left empty and found no PSAR. In the 3rd box I entered .2 and in another instance .02. But totally I didn't get the Parabolic SAR indicator.

Last edited:

VJAY

Dear Riaz I too not using this indicator in my trades but I checked it years before....you can play with parameters to find what exact you want ...In parameter range means ATR value ....hope this helps you..

Untitled.png

I haven't seen any other software using the moving average for Parabolic SAR. So far the software like chartink.com etc. ask for something like volatility etc.

This is interesting. Request you to keep us updated about the progress of trades based on this. Maybe one could use this for reversal (buy above/sell below the SAR etc.)