Paper Trading Journal - Experiments on Swing Trading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taiki

Hello Everyone,

Happy New Year to All my trader friends here. I wish you all a year of healthy, wealthy and a fun filled year of trading. May the struggling ones find their path, May the masters manyfold their capital. May this year bring to cheers to all of your face and also to the ledger :clap:

Starting this thread to keep a watch on my swing trades and to note down my thoughts. All the trades will be on paper, and will do this paper trading for 3 months before I start trading this system live in APR 2015.

Regards
Taiki

Taiki

Dear Moderator, Senior Members

I came to know about the new SEBI regulations on call givers/tipsters and TJ's stand on this. Where I welcome and appreciate this move, I am afraid that posts in this paper trading thread can be misunderstood as calls/recommendations.

What If tomorrow, I will write a post just as a trade log from my swing system (as a journal entry) - "Bought XYZ, 200 shares, with a target of ABC and stop loss at PQR." Even if i am not coming with levels, and only posting charts with bullish/bearish outlook, that also can be read as a recommendation. So I dont want to get indulge in some practices which TJ does not allow no more and I dont want to be misquoted as a call givers here.

As fer as keeping a trade journal and paper trading is concerned, I can very well keep it at a personal excel file, not necessarily in a public forum. I have nothing to prove here to no one. So seniors, Please advise me shall I continue with my paper journals or not..

Regards
Taiki

PUCHU_2500

I came to know about the new SEBI regulations on call givers/tipsters and TJ's stand on this. Where I welcome and appreciate this move, I am afraid that posts in this paper trading thread can be misunderstood as calls/recommendations.

What If tomorrow, I will write a post just as a trade log from my swing system (as a journal entry) - "Bought XYZ, 200 shares, with a target of ABC and stop loss at PQR." Even if i am not coming with levels, and only posting charts with bullish/bearish outlook, that also can be read as a recommendation. So I dont want to get indulge in some practices which TJ does not allow no more and I dont want to be misquoted as a call givers here.

As fer as keeping a trade journal and paper trading is concerned, I can very well keep it at a personal excel file, not necessarily in a public forum. I have nothing to prove here to no one. So seniors, Please advise me shall I continue with my paper journals or not..

Regards
Taiki
happy to see u after a long gap:clap:.....I think u may continue your thread with your red color disclaimer.....

Regards
Taiki
A line of demarcation between a thread posting trades as a journal and a thread giving tips is thin and blurred and we also consider other circumstantial evidence in differentiating between the two.. If the trade is entered on a predisclosed logic/method and instead of posting targets, one can give stoploss and a general idea of RR expected which could be predisclosed. If the profit is booked earlier or later, then a small note on the reason ...

So far we have taken action on members posting levels/targets in the manner of giving tips and asking for email IDs etc to solicit. A genuine journal should have nothing to worry.

But when a thread starts saying that it will not disclose the method and starts asking email IDs we have reasons to be concerned.Such threads serve no purpose of learning for our members.

Smart_trade

Last edited:

Taiki

Thank you ST Bro for the clarification.

The system that I was going to test/experiment here is a complete mechanical system for EOD swing trading. At this stage I am not comfortable in sharing its setup and rules. And I understand that without the rules disclosed if one is only posting the levels/outlook then it can be very well judged as recommendation or tips. So I dont wanna get in to a mess here, and I think better I will keep the journal to myself. :)

So moderator, if possible please delete/close this thread.

Regards
Taiki

Status
Not open for further replies.