Overlaying in Amibroker

AceX

Hi All,
I am new to the use of Amibroker, and would like to know how can I overlay a SMA of TRIX oscillator.

So at the end, what I want is a altogether different pane, with TRIX(15) of the stock, overlayed with the 9 day SMA of TRIX(15)...

Please help...

AceX

skarpio

Hopefully what I am going to write is version agnostic. BTW, I am using Ami 5.0.0.
1. Need to create a new file for this custom indicator or whatever you call it. Ami calls it a formula. This you can do by clicking on charts tab on the left-top pane (which has other tabs like Symbols, Layouts, Charts etc). Select the folder under which you want this to be in. Right click, go to New and then to Formula.

2. The editor should open up. And punch in the following:
Code:
Plot(Trix(9), "Trix(9)", colorRed);
Plot(Trix(15), "Trix(15)", colorBlue);
Save the file. And then click on the apply indicator, to get it in a pane by itself.

3. In order to Overlay the same, right click on the file you just created and select overlay. In fact you should be able to drag and drop the same as well.

AceX

Thanks Skarpio, I thought there might be another way without making a new formula altogether...

But anyway, this will serve my purpose... thanks..

AceX

Hi Skarpio,
Hi All

[Yet again, with something else :p ]

I just now discovered its extremely easy to actually do the same thing without writing any AFL code..

Just drag the indicator onto the required pane and the indicator itself will throw a window which will ask for the price field as the underlying indicator. Change the periodicity as per your wish.

That will trace both

AceX