OTP (One Trade Perday) based on Open, Low and High values

healthraj

As Promised,

Here is back test Result for the Conditions as you have gave

See Below the Equity curve

Back test Period

From Mar First week to 20-6-2013

the Back result shows a profit of 25400( with out deducting brokerage )
for the Investment of Rs 1 Lakh taking 30% leverage.

I have taken back test from following counters

ABAN
ABB
AXISBANK
BALRAMCHIN
BANKBARODA
BANKINDIA
BHEL
DLF
HDFC
HINDALCO
ICICIBANK
JPASSOCIAT
PNB
RCOM
RELCAPITAL
RELINFRA
SBIN
TATAMOTORS
UCOBANK

Total Trades 56
Wins 24
Loss 32

Thank you Healthraj for this Strategy
Thanks Saravanan. What was your stoploss? Was it the Opening price or the market price - Risk @ 10 AM.
In your opinion does the strategy work with backtest results showing 42% win ratio?

SaravananKS

Thanks Saravanan. What was your stoploss? Was it the Opening price or the market price - Risk @ 10 AM.
Here is then condtions for back test results

If Open=low then Day Low is Stop Loss for long Trades
if open= High then day High is Stop Loss for Short Trades

close the open Positions @ 3:15 PM ( it is profit or Loss)

Here Below I showed backtest result for ABAN

In your opinion does the strategy work with backtest results showing 42% win ratio?
it is automated Back tested so system gives results based on given conditions. some time it takes some silly trades also

for example see the below chart

Here day Open was very far from entry Point a smart trader would not go long

the trade closed in negative with out hitting stop Loss.

You can also note no of shares taken in back test were not even ( it is automatically taken by amibroker back tester)

coming to your question personally I mostly see the Structure of equity curve which was Posted in my Prev.Post.

it was not very smooth but still I believe to study the strategy more deeply as it gave Positive results in first attempt it self.

in my experience I tested many system which were published in public forum or seminar even failed show Positive results

Since I have Just 3 months for testing IMO it is very short period to test a system. one would need to test at least one year or minimum 500 Trades
then only we can get a conclusion.

Last edited:
You can also note no of shares taken in back test were not even ( it is automatically taken by amibroker back tester)
The Amibroker back tester is highly configurable.

For trading fixed number of shares, lets say 100, use this
Code:
SetPositionSize(100,4);
Can change the 100 to whatever you want instead if you want to use a fixed amount for every trade, say Rs. 100,000 then use

Code:
SetPositionSize(100000,1);
It also can be used to do complex stuff like invest fixed % of equity or allot different % to multiple scale-ins etc. Refer to Amibroker help for more

Happy :)

SaravananKS

The Amibroker back tester is highly configurable.

For trading fixed number of shares, lets say 100, use this
Code:
SetPositionSize(100,4);
Can change the 100 to whatever you want instead if you want to use a fixed amount for every trade, say Rs. 100,000 then use

Code:
SetPositionSize(100000,1);
It also can be used to do complex stuff like invest fixed % of equity or allot different % to multiple scale-ins etc. Refer to Amibroker help for more

Happy :)
Thank you Happy singh for suggestion,
Actually I tried fixed Shares in Portfolio back testing For Example if we take RCOM and SBI in both cases it takes fixed qty.( this will not right option)

Next thing we can tell amibroker that allot a fixed amount by set lot size

I tried both.. But Results were good with out using setPositionSize. (comparing to other two which uses Set Position Size) that is the Reason it Takes variable qty in each and every trade.

moreover the purpose of Posting these results is to enhance the system that is the reason I shared the best back test result

in this Example I did not deduct brokerage+Taxs if I do then it will reduce Profit factor.

I have some back testing articles which recommends that one should remove Top 3 Big Profitable Trade from net profit to get an achievable expectancy...

mastermind007

I have some back testing articles which recommends that one should remove Top 3 Big Profitable Trade from net profit to get an achievable expectancy...
That is a good way to rationalize results.