OrderMan - Ordering interface for NOW + Amibroker

pannet1

Actually, you DONT need to do that. Orderman should send the hotkeys to open Buy/Sell window. What you have is a workaround.
And for some reason in your NEST, the Hotkeys are not being sent to the window

You should also verify all other control ids/Text in Now.ahk. Nest.ahk only overrides some that change from Now.ahk, rest are taken from NOW.ahk. So if base id changes, i set it in Nest.ahk

In your case, esp verify the control id of marketwatch.
static MARKET_WATCH_LIST := "SysListView323"

I send the hotkey to this control. Code is in Order.ahk : _openOrderForm(){
if( CreateOrderUseHK ){
ControlSend, % controlObj.MARKET_WATCH_LIST, %hk%, %TITLE_NOW%
}
I will spy on the control ids mentioned in Now.ahk and particularly the one mentioned above.

If you can get used to the code, then in future you can mod it for your own use
Sure, That is the idea.

VJAY

.......got the answer

Last edited:

TracerBullet

Dear @TracerBullet,

Which RTD should i use for MCX. I plan to restart learning AMIBROKER I don't rely on back fill utility for my trading but it may be nice to have it.
I use my own for everything and its all shared in same github project.
But better use josh's RTD tool ( which internally uses a modded RTDman + has its own backfill + GUI for everything )
RTDMan and my backfill tools are all really based on ideas from what he shared ( when i started trading ) ...

pannet1

I use my own for everything and its all shared in same github project.
But better use josh's RTD tool ( which internally uses a modded RTDman + has its own backfill + GUI for everything )
RTDMan and my backfill tools are all really based on ideas from what he shared ( when i started trading ) ...
I looked at Josh's videos and already saw yours from GIthub. I was researching on this till early this morning. In one of the websites that sell RTD it was mentioned that their RTD/Backfill Tool is better because it does not use CSV. What is your take on this? If so, does it really affect the performance?

TracerBullet

I looked at Josh's videos and already saw yours from GIthub. I was researching on this till early this morning. In one of the websites that sell RTD it was mentioned that their RTD/Backfill Tool is better because it does not use CSV. What is your take on this? If so, does it really affect the performance?
They have to sell. I am happy with RTDMan + my backfill tool. csv import was the easiest way to do it vs creating AB plugin so i did that but i dont think it matters. I am doing 70 scrips real time data + 8 indices + backfill with no issue.

Possible advantages that seller of real time data may have
1) Their source data could be more accurate than Nest/NOW backfill data. Now data is good enough for me trading 5m
2) Their backfill may be automated. But i dont mind using 1 hotkey and getting backfill in a second or two for current scrip and rtdman data is close enough.

At the start of trading, costs have to be kept low as it takes a long time to get profitable. Once you start making money, then can look at other options ..

pannet1

They have to sell. I am happy with RTDMan + my backfill tool. csv import was the easiest way to do it vs creating AB plugin so i did that but i dont think it matters. I am doing 70 scrips real time data + 8 indices + backfill with no issue.

Possible advantages that seller of real time data may have
1) Their source data could be more accurate than Nest/NOW backfill data. Now data is good enough for me trading 5m
2) Their backfill may be automated. But i dont mind using 1 hotkey and getting backfill in a second or two for current scrip and rtdman data is close enough.

At the start of trading, costs have to be kept low as it takes a long time to get profitable. Once you start making money, then can look at other options ..
oh.

i am totally noobie in these things and sorry for not explaining thoroughly. Sellers are talking about RTD/backfilling data from NEST/Now only. Not much response from people on their website and many comments are mostly bad ... complaining its not working.

one day i hope to mod this OrderMan to something similar to my metatrader orderman

TracerBullet

Sellers are talking about RTD/backfilling data from NEST/Now only. Not much response from people on their website and many comments are mostly bad ... complaining its not working.
Ignore them i guess, no need.

one day i hope to mod this OrderMan to something similar to my metatrader orderman
hehe nice, one day i hope to use only linux ..
OM has a file input interface already for something similar. i have AB afl that then talks with it.

Just using gfx functions and some static vars is enough to build something similar .. although there is small lag for AB afl to pick up hotkeys

pannet1

hehe nice, one day i hope to use only linux ..
Yeap most of our regular desktop trading software fail to run on *nix WINE (emulator). But there is a bright possibility if we rely only on web apps for our trading activites.
OM has a file input interface already for something similar. i have AB afl that then talks with it.
Just using gfx functions and some static vars is enough to build something similar .. although there is small lag for AB afl to pick up hotkeys
Can you please share the AFL if that's not proprietory. It will help me jump start or do you think it will confuse me further being such a nerd you are :)

so your workflow is such that you dont need to look at anything other than AB. You trigger an event from AB gfx with OM and Now running in the background. am i correct?

i am planning to pick up positions from NEST with OrderMan and write it to file, then make AB look at the list and plot order lines on the chart. i could probably pick up the (fibo) lotsize with price and compute the breakeven (average) and Target (for example 1% of Account Balance). So this way if price breaches past the consolidated Target line, AFL sends a close all order signal, so OM closes all open orders of that symbol.

Phew. Sorry if i am complicating it.

TracerBullet

Yeap most of our regular desktop trading software fail to run on *nix WINE (emulator). But there is a bright possibility if we rely only on web apps for our trading activites.
Can you please share the AFL if that's not proprietory. It will help me jump start or do you think it will confuse me further being such a nerd you are :)

so your workflow is such that you dont need to look at anything other than AB. You trigger an event from AB gfx with OM and Now running in the background. am i correct?

i am planning to pick up positions from NEST with OrderMan and write it to file, then make AB look at the list and plot order lines on the chart. i could probably pick up the (fibo) lotsize with price and compute the breakeven (average) and Target (for example 1% of Account Balance). So this way if price breaches past the consolidated Target line, AFL sends a close all order signal, so OM closes all open orders of that symbol.

Phew. Sorry if i am complicating it.
Just for idea on workflow - When i want to buy, i trigger a hotkey. This can be caught by AB using GetAsyncKeyState. You may want to set the refresh rate to avoid too much lag. On Hotkey afl adds Entry, SL and target lines in AB and passes the prices and scrip to OM.
I can then move the lines if needed and then when i am ready, i send order from OM. For drawing and managing lines, see here for ex. Just need to maintain price and time in static variables and set refresh rate to fast when moving and slow when not moving.
You can talk between AB and OM through files. Even better might be to use COM, but i could not make it work quickly and did not want to waste time learning it.

I rather not share the afl, Much better will be for you to try it yourself, i can give idea if needed. That way you can own the code and customize it exactly as needed.

Also, using api will probably be much better than GUI automation. Once i am ready, i will probably move to IB and use their (free) apis to replace OrderMan. You may want to start with IB if you already trade futures.

I have no idea on your fibo stuff. My workflow is to send/modify the orders from AB and Orderman. But reading back from Nest to AB through AHK should be simple, same as sending from AB to AHK - through files or COM or some other ipc.

VJAY

Just for idea on workflow - When i want to buy, i trigger a hotkey. This can be caught by AB using GetAsyncKeyState. You may want to set the refresh rate to avoid too much lag. On Hotkey afl adds Entry, SL and target lines in AB and passes the prices and scrip to OM.
I can then move the lines if needed and then when i am ready, i send order from OM. For drawing and managing lines, see here for ex. Just need to maintain price and time in static variables and set refresh rate to fast when moving and slow when not moving.
You can talk between AB and OM through files. Even better might be to use COM, but i could not make it work quickly and did not want to waste time learning it.

I rather not share the afl, Much better will be for you to try it yourself, i can give idea if needed. That way you can own the code and customize it exactly as needed.

Also, using api will probably be much better than GUI automation. Once i am ready, i will probably move to IB and use their (free) apis to replace OrderMan. You may want to start with IB if you already trade futures.

I have no idea on your fibo stuff. My workflow is to send/modify the orders from AB and Orderman. But reading back from Nest to AB through AHK should be simple, same as sending from AB to AHK - through files or COM or some other ipc.
Ahh great....Thanks to sharing it TB...though I not much know about these things....but exactly what I need it...:DD

So in my method I have H lines for entry and stop &trgt(though I not use target for my method only move stops)....so orderpick by one key from ami(entry line) and place it in NOW...right ?we need to move lines to modify stop?it OM do the modification of stops right?