OrderMan - Ordering interface for NOW + Amibroker

TracerBullet

if you have account with same broker then you can use either Now or Nest, whichever has been enabled by broker. if at present u r using Now then you will have to request broker to transfer to NEST.
yes i know, i was hoping that i could atleast login. That would make it easier to get started testing by trial and error and see what is failing with Nest.
NOW is much better than ZT so cannot switch ... If anyone has an empty account that they wont be using for sometime, that can help.

Edit - Meanwhile, boarders - Set Nest title in OrderMan.ahk in below variable. And check if you are getting any problems - Usually it might hang and timeout because some window control name is not correct.

TITLE_NOW := "NOW 1.13"
Most of the NOW gui specific stuff should be in OrderMan.ahk, Orderbook.ahk and Order.ahk. Best case scenario is that most of the controls have same id/text as NOW. Which is quite possible - I just have not tested it yet.

Last edited:

boarders

yes i know, i was hoping that i could atleast login. That would make it easier to get started testing by trial and error and see what is failing with Nest.
NOW is much better than ZT so cannot switch ... If anyone has an empty account that they wont be using for sometime, that can help.

Edit - Meanwhile, boarders - Set Nest title in OrderMan.ahk in below variable. And check if you are getting any problems - Usually it might hang and timeout because some window control name is not correct.

Most of the NOW gui specific stuff should be in OrderMan.ahk, Orderbook.ahk and Order.ahk. Best case scenario is that most of the controls have same id/text as NOW. Which is quite possible - I just have not tested it yet.

I changed same to NEST 3.11.2 and tried, but shut itself off and gave me pop up "NOW not found"

TracerBullet

I changed same to NEST 3.11.2 and tried, but shut itself off and gave me pop up "NOW not found"
1) I assume Nest is already open. This checks same
2) Double check Window title. You only need to put some part of the title string which is unique.
3) If Nest is running as admin, then orderman must be ran as admin too.

For reference/debug, this error is from function call "UtilClass.checkNOWOpen()" in OrderMan.ahk which is in Util.ahk Its a very simple function so likely issue is one of above.

lemondew

For desperate nest guys. They can simply assign a key in amibroker which will do the buying say ctrl b. Look at charts when you see buy just click that and buy will be activated.

This will need the following functions
winactivate
ifwinactivate
read
ControlClick

This can be done as follows
activate nest
read shortcutkey f1.
click submit

on one shortcut key all the above can be done

Same can be done for sell as well....

edit::: ofcourse this is just some automation not everything that orderman does but it gives a start

Last edited:

boarders

1) I assume Nest is already open. This checks same
2) Double check Window title. You only need to put some part of the title string which is unique.
3) If Nest is running as admin, then orderman must be ran as admin too.

For reference/debug, this error is from function call "UtilClass.checkNOWOpen()" in OrderMan.ahk which is in Util.ahk Its a very simple function so likely issue is one of above.

I have come to the stage where I am getting the following error. As Nest trader's completed orders section of the order book does not contain column "Pending QTY" (it is there in "Open orders" section only), I am now struck.
Otherwise I had come to this stage where I input the entire title sentence as well as changed the Now Orderno. and updatetime to Nest orderno and nest update time in various files and now struck as dont have this column. TracerBullet, Please advise

TracerBullet

I have come to the stage where I am getting the following error. As Nest trader's completed orders section of the order book does not contain column "Pending QTY" (it is there in "Open orders" section only), I am now struck.
Otherwise I had come to this stage where I input the entire title sentence as well as changed the Now Orderno. and updatetime to Nest orderno and nest update time in various files and now struck as dont have this column. TracerBullet, Please advise

ok good, this is what i needed.
1) Please make a list of all the changes you did. What is changed and with what value. This way i can setup subclass for Nest and push the changes.

2) pendingQty is not yet used. It also has no meaning for completed orders, it was just copy pasted code. You can remove it from Orderbook.ahk (for completed orders only). Look at _readColumnHeaders() - Remove from both header and key. Also look at readCompletedOrders() and remove the else part for it.

Once the immediate errors are gone. Try to test it outside market hours. One thing you can do is - in Orderman.ahk - set ORDER_STATUS_COMPLETE as "cancelled" or "rejected" or whatever you need. This is used to check if entry order was executed. So then when you cancel entry order or if it gets rejected, Orderman will think entry is complete and will trigger stop/target orders. This way you can test part of the workflow before trying live.

Try small amounts in live first. Let me know if there is anything you think should happen and is not happening, i dont have testcases ...

boarders

ok good, this is what i needed.
1) Please make a list of all the changes you did. What is changed and with what value. This way i can setup subclass for Nest and push the changes.

2) pendingQty is not yet used. It also has no meaning for completed orders, it was just copy pasted code. You can remove it from Orderbook.ahk (for completed orders only). Look at _readColumnHeaders() - Remove from both header and key. Also look at readCompletedOrders() and remove the else part for it.

Once the immediate errors are gone. Try to test it outside market hours. One thing you can do is - in Orderman.ahk - set ORDER_STATUS_COMPLETE as "cancelled" or "rejected" or whatever you need. This is used to check if entry order was executed. So then when you cancel entry order or if it gets rejected, Orderman will think entry is complete and will trigger stop/target orders. This way you can test part of the workflow before trying live.

Try small amounts in live first. Let me know if there is anything you think should happen and is not happening, i dont have testcases ...
I tried it out after making all the corrections in after hours which was just now at 5 am, this time it didnt throw any error, but HOTKEY opens without any window and just goes to task bar at the bottom and remains there. if we click on it, still HKey doesnt open any window for placing orders etc. inorder to close HKey, had to go to hidden icons near system clock and right click and exit from there. so now without a window to place order we are struck again.

following is screen shot, you can see the HKEY ICON on task bar which if clicked nothing happens.

TracerBullet

I tried debug as well as run of orderman.ahk thru scite and still just opens at the task bar and sits there, run as administrator.
You have to check where it gets stuck in debugging. ie run line by line/ use breakpoints/use debug to current line when stuck. Debug into each function.

Because GUI was not created, my guess would be somewhere in call to orderbookObj.read()

Another, simpler way - right click on tray icon and see last executed lines. This might tell where its stuck. But in long run, need to learn to debug. If you are still stuck i can debug on your pc through ammyadmin or something.

entry,stop and target order can be place at one go with this tool?
I use NOW.
yes, its not feature complete yet and development will be slow, but its fulfills my minimum needs - ie Entry/Stop/Target along with adds for intraday.
Some limitations that may be enhanced later - No separate Stops / partial targets and does not handle partial fills (SL-L / Limit Entry) yet.
Also only one scrip and one order is managed at a time ( This can be workedaround by using multiple copies of program).
Its working well for me with NOW.

Last edited: