Order Rejected!?

Hi,

I had ordered to sell one of my shares on ICICIDirect.com.
It got rejected!
Is there any particular reasons or scenarios when it gets rejected?

Also, I noticed that, there are two types of segments rolling and TT.
Can somebody throw more light on this aspect also?

Regards,
Narendra

Rolling is the segment where intra-day positions are allowed. You can square off your positions during the day and pocket the difference. TT is trade to trade where you cannot square off intra-day. Once you buy, you have to take delivery, and once you sell, you have to make delivery.

girishAtTraderji said:
If the price you've specified is beyond upper or lower circuit.
What is this upper or lower circuit?
Where can I get this data?

The stock I am trying to sell is Encore Software.
It was trading at 53. I had bid to sell it at 55.
Previous days close was 48.6

So, I don't understand why it got rejected! :confused:

Thanks,
Narendra

ivanboesky said:
Rolling is the segment where intra-day positions are allowed. You can square off your positions during the day and pocket the difference. TT is trade to trade where you cannot square off intra-day. Once you buy, you have to take delivery, and once you sell, you have to make delivery.
For TT the brokerage is very low compared to Rolling :confused:

You can find the data for Encore Software here
http://bseindia.com/price_finder/stockreach.asp?scripcd=531750
The price limit for this stock is +/- 10%, so your price was beyond 10% of the previous close price.

Okay, what actions might one take if one finds on the news wire that a Penny stock they bought recently appears to be fraudulent?
Moreover, your attempt to trade that stock through your broker shows a "rejection" of your trade request to "get out"..

bunny

What is this upper or lower circuit?
Where can I get this data?

The stock I am trying to sell is Encore Software.
It was trading at 53. I had bid to sell it at 55.
Previous days close was 48.6

So, I don't understand why it got rejected! :confused:

Thanks,
Narendra
If it a compulsory delivery stock, may be it was the broker's mechanism of preventing "erroneous" selling of the stock because you may not have held it in your demat/holdings.

bunny

Okay, what actions might one take if one finds on the news wire that a Penny stock they bought recently appears to be fraudulent?
Moreover, your attempt to trade that stock through your broker shows a "rejection" of your trade request to "get out"..
How can a stock be "fraudlent"? If you believe that a company is engaged in fraudulent activities, then simply make a complaint to the concerned authorities with supporting evidence.

But if you have bought some shares of a company based on a report in news wire, and later the stock has tanked, then it cannot be called as fraudulent, because it is the norm in market.