Optionvue kind of software for NSE

kingkrunal

Hi All,

You might have seen strategies around Optionvue software which is only US based .

Is there any comparable software like that avaialble in india with historical data ?
I have checked options oracle but it does not provide historical data.

Thanks

DanPSup

Hedge Strategy Trader in Options and Futures
No. Not any such software on this level is available in India. You will find some other software, even brokers which offer some sort of Option strategies tools, but not as sophisticated like Optionvue. But this not means India has no good option strategies trading tools. Some here in the forum have shown very good "Excel Sheets' which do a good job. If you are not a bigger money fund manager, you any way will not need such software like Optionvue, as you even can make good money with most simple option strategies which are shown in more simple tools. Even the pricing for Optionvue software would be a challenge for most small retail traders in India, as it is not for free. Still, you could try to make an arrangement for around 100 USD to rent the software for one month to test it if of any interest to you. Just mail them and they will be with you in short time.

https://optionvue.com/optionvue/

kingkrunal

No. Not any such software on this level is available in India. You will find some other software, even brokers which offer some sort of Option strategies tools, but not as sophisticated like Optionvue. But this not means India has no good option strategies trading tools. Some here in the forum have shown very good "Excel Sheets' which do a good job. If you are not a bigger money fund manager, you any way will not need such software like Optionvue, as you even can make good money with most simple option strategies which are shown in more simple tools. Even the pricing for Optionvue software would be a challenge for most small retail traders in India, as it is not for free. Still, you could try to make an arrangement for around 100 USD to rent the software for one month to test it if of any interest to you. Just mail them and they will be with you in short time.

https://optionvue.com/optionvue/
Thanks dan for the response. . i am planning for m3/rock/ bwb strategies which mainlhy relies on the option greeks for the adjustment.

Any pointers to the excel sheets pls ?

thanks

DanPSup

Thanks dan for the response. . i am planning for m3/rock/ bwb strategies which mainlhy relies on the option greeks for the adjustment.

Any pointers to the excel sheets pls ?

thanks
The member I have in mind was very active in 2014 in this forum. https://www.traderji.com/community/members/toughard.256553/

You may try to get in touch with him to get more information about this "Excel-Sheet" he used to present his option trades. https://www.traderji.com/community/threads/option-logics.94520/page-14#post-1048612

Wish you good luck DP

kingkrunal

The member I have in mind was very active in 2014 in this forum. https://www.traderji.com/community/members/toughard.256553/

You may try to get in touch with him to get more information about this "Excel-Sheet" he used to present his option trades. https://www.traderji.com/community/threads/option-logics.94520/page-14#post-1048612

Wish you good luck DP
thanks .. will surely look into it ..

also just curios .. i read your signature

is this strategy anywhere posted or any pointers ? as i think i am moving to this .. :)

thanks

DanPSup

thanks .. will surely look into it ..

also just curios .. i read your signature

is this strategy anywhere posted or any pointers ? as i think i am moving to this .. :)

thanks
There are many ways to trade "Spreads and Hedge Strategies with options and futures, even with shares" in the market. Many members here do hedges with those products I mentioned. You even can do it with very specific financial constructs. But as retail trader the mentioned possibilities are enough.

The point is: You have to understand what you do and the reasons when you do it. This you have to learn and there is no holy grail to it. But as you are a member here since 2012, I not have to tell you this.

As you by your self started a thread about "Hedging", https://www.traderji.com/community/...-a-bit-of-newtonss-strat.107129/#post-1313778 I think you have an idea about it. So why not continue with this thread of yours I showed?

kingkrunal

There are many ways to trade "Spreads and Hedge Strategies with options and futures, even with shares" in the market. Many members here do hedges with those products I mentioned. You even can do it with very specific financial constructs. But as retail trader the mentioned possibilities are enough.

The point is: You have to understand what you do and the reasons when you do it. This you have to learn and there is no holy grail to it. But as you are a member here since 2012, I not have to tell you this.

As you by your self started a thread about "Hedging", https://www.traderji.com/community/...-a-bit-of-newtonss-strat.107129/#post-1313778 I think you have an idea about it. So why not continue with this thread of yours I showed?
Yea done that.. If was successful as well.. But time constraints as moved out of India... And so looking for better way to do it.. That's where a bit advance strats is something I am looking with once a day checking scenarios...

Looks like have to move away from nse

DanPSup

Yea done that.. If was successful as well.. But time constraints as moved out of India... And so looking for better way to do it.. That's where a bit advance strats is something I am looking with once a day checking scenarios...

Looks like have to move away from nse
Not clear what you mean by: To move away from NSE. If you would have told " Move away from NSA" then I would agree with you :DD

What you showed in the other thread of yours have been "Short Strangle", (nf short call 10300 - 117/ nf short put 9700 - 119).

What you did wrong was: trade 1 : 11200 call at 108 / plan: if nf crosses 11200 buy nf. At least what I see looks like you went long the call and then you planed to go long the future. This is at least how your information can be valued. If so, then not NSE is wrong instead your understanding of how option hedge strategies with futures are done. Kindly correct me if I did miss interpret your trading ideas.

kingkrunal

Not clear what you mean by: To move away from NSE. If you would have told " Move away from NSA" then I would agree with you :DD

What you showed in the other thread of yours have been "Short Strangle", (nf short call 10300 - 117/ nf short put 9700 - 119).

What you did wrong was: trade 1 : 11200 call at 108 / plan: if nf crosses 11200 buy nf. At least what I see looks like you went long the call and then you planed to go long the future. This is at least how your information can be valued. If so, then not NSE is wrong instead your understanding of how option hedge strategies with futures are done. Kindly correct me if I did miss interpret your trading ideas.
hahaha.. NSA :)

Move away from nse means .. i am based out in UK now.. so can look towards trading in US markets as UK do not have option structure.

regarding that trade - it was keep the short strangle intact and just go long on fut to hedge that position..

thanks

DanPSup

hahaha.. NSA :)

Move away from nse means .. i am based out in UK now.. so can look towards trading in US markets as UK do not have option structure.

regarding that trade - it was keep the short strangle intact and just go long on fut to hedge that position..

thanks
Ok.

We can talk about this later, but at the moment" Bum bum, bang bang" in the market. Have written about this kind of move may could have happen in the Day Trading Stocks & Futures thread just a few days ago.

But as always: We not really can too much predict any moves in markets instead just have strategies in place which will expand our profits or at least will reduce loss. This is the only holy grail in trading as it is so much of not perfect this trading. Guess you got the point out of this sentences.