Options trading to beat the returns of traditional investment methods

Hi Friends,
I am from hyd and do trade in options. Even though I started trading in 2010 the overall I can say I m in loss and mostly because of lack of knowledge in initial days..just jumped into trading by seeing other friends, used to buy options with whatever the money I have and without the reason for buying it.
Now I feel I am somewhat comfortable in trading by getting knowledge on options selling.I can say I am getting reasonable returns since last 4 5 months.

Ofcourse I get losses also but mostly it will be in case if I dont follow my rules and buying with huge volume.

Just I would like to start the thread to share my trades and to check whether we can beat the returns by regular investments which can give 8 to 15% max.
I don't know anything on technical analysis and mostly after seeing the intraday direction of the market..will try to sell Otm options.
Goal is watever the position u take..try to come out with minimum loss in worst case by managing the position.

Ideas are welcome with any good strategies on index with good risk reward ratio.
I will try to post from tomorrow..let's see how far it goes
from 2010 means almost 8 to 9 years now ..
good u jumped to selling options .. and happy to see u r getting reasonable returns in past 4/5 months .
so basically one should wish to keep this success to go for ever . try to find out where it will collapse so that we can avoid . to my knowledge
1. when a day like Nirmala ji appointed on as FM / or a day like surgical strike or march 11 tsuanmi in Japan are those days we will get in to trouble . be sure a day like that will come say in next two years. so money management only protect us .
2. out of bore or greed we start again buying options .
all the best

anildnr

One more thing..can anybody tell which platform is better to use fyers or zerodha mobile platforms?
Bcas in fyers today I feel like order placing and refreshing the window are taking much time.
In last 10 mins..it gave error like.." is application down"

No scan ..just on personal judgement based on market movement.
Suppose if BANK nifty is at 27000 and if its is going down I will try to sell 27500ce ..like that. There is no specific rule.
U can share if any logic for selecting otm.strike.

Thanks in advance
Remember seeing you on Amrutham's thread on Butterflies.

The easiest to make money in Options for me were covered calls.

Next are Short Strangles. The cautions when trading Short Strangles are: Avoid months/weeks when volatility becomes high (=high ATR), which means don't trade in these months/weeks. Trade only Nifty or Bank Nifty Options. Trade only Far OTM Options. Learn to adjust positions for which keep extra capital. Must have a stop loss.

Vertical spreads are also good, but I do not have enough experience in them. Could not try out Butterflies because I am using a bank as my broker.

Good CHANCE to make money if you try the above.

Last edited: