Options trading to beat the returns of traditional investment methods

SarangSood

yes nifty is my bread and butter instrument... but i also trade banknifty and stocks at times.. like in October i did lot of stocks trading ... Aug i did a bit of BN.. now focus on Nifty again.... i feel i know nifty to some extent... i can guess its moves , its volatility, its ranges ... and it has enough liquidity ..nothing else is needed.
Bn is not a good index to trade.. it is at mercy of few stocks which makes it very unpredictable... Most ppl like BN ... but my first love is Nifty :) .. any trader can make living just trading one instrument and one setup..
Though i have traded majorly in bnf since last 2 years, last month i have traded exclusively in nifty options. Yesterday for example nifty was way better than bnf for writing but there are many days when bnf is all supreme.

I have realized that trading just one instrument can lead to stagnation though one can still be an expert in it. Our system should be able to track which instrument is doing what because smart money tends to change hands from time to time.

Schatz

yes that is why i move to BN and/or stocks when they present better opportunity ... that being said it is good to know one instrument in and out ... somebody who is versatile can do short gamma/long gamma/trend trading as per his/her reading ... these r the major 3 phases of any instrument...

Schatz

sideways day and straddle is 160...closing could be 157/158 .. feels like we r back to normal mkt again... happy hunting days r coming back for short gamma players .. expecting a large day on 1st half of next week(tuesday/wed)

anildnr

Not a good day...many repetitive mistakes..

1. Not closing the position when it is in profit.
2. To cover the loss..doing aggressive trading with large quantity.

Need to control these 2 points...

anildnr

Just going through retirement calculator in Google. After going through the displayed figures really feeling the importance of financial planning from early age.

A person with age 35 and wants to retire by 45 years with current monthly expenses of 50k and with expected inflation of 7% needs around 3cr by age of 45.

Not a good day...many repetitive mistakes..

1. Not closing the position when it is in profit.
2. To cover the loss..doing aggressive trading with large quantity.

Need to control these 2 points...
the point 2 is wrong as per my view .. only stop loss should apply and trade next day. there is no need to cover the loss on same day.