Options trading in India

I am a British national of Indian origin. I am planning to move back to India.At the moment I use Interactive brokers. Is there discount broker in India for online trading? I mainly trade options. Are there any indices and futures on which one can trade oiptions?

Replies much appreciated

Thanks

vince

elitetrader333 said:
I am a British national of Indian origin. I am planning to move back to India.At the moment I use Interactive brokers. Is there discount broker in India for online trading? I mainly trade options. Are there any indices and futures on which one can trade oiptions?

Replies much appreciated

Thanks
Hi,

You could go thru the brokers thread in this forum to help you select a broker,and the website www.nse-india.com for a complete list of indices and stocks available in Fno segment.

Hi,
after experiencing IB, im sure you will be disappointed with Indian online brokers when it come to options trading. They charge you exhorbitant margins and some even dont let you sell options :) , so forget spread trading online. Also they dont have any idea about the lower risk of spread trading rather they want the full margin for the option you write plus the cost of th eoption you buy. If you find any broker who is good let me know

regards

Dilip

dilip2k said:
Hi,
after experiencing IB, im sure you will be disappointed with Indian online brokers when it come to options trading. They charge you exhorbitant margins and some even dont let you sell options :) , so forget spread trading online. Also they dont have any idea about the lower risk of spread trading rather they want the full margin for the option you write plus the cost of th eoption you buy. If you find any broker who is good let me know

regards

Dilip
Thanks Dilip

What you say is really not good for the stock market. I thought they would follow the same software for calculating the margin. Give me some rough idea how much margin they would need by taking a hypothetical example. Thanks for your help

vince

What dilip has said is a sad fact. the brokerage charged is exorbitant.
As for margins, for example the margin for nifty is at10 % and even goes up to 18 % for scrips with high volumes ,varying from broker to broker.

Hi,
Lets say yoo have a 5 point bullish spread , buy 150 call and sell 155 call, what would u pay with IB? pittance right? for margin. Here something like 35000 if you are lucky plus the cost of your 150 call. This is a favorable example in some cases, lets make that most, its worse.

regards

Thanks so much Dilip and Vince

Trading options on Indian market is out. Somewhere on Trade2Win somebody said Hongkong and Korea are more or less in the same time zone and I can trade these markets with IB. Anybody trade these markets from India? Are there other markets one can trade from India morning 7.00 to night 11.00PM?

Thanks for valuable information. NRI dream shattered.:D

Moreover u can take help of icicibank.com who has online trading , where hdfc bank also have , it also depend upon what brokerage charges does both they will charges.

Hello Elite,
I hope soon enough the brokers here get some sense and you come back to trade here :)
As I find the options market favorable even after these high margin.
Would like to know some details abt IB and the markets they cover

regards