Options strat Trading diary -

kingkrunal

The positions are still open.. the bull call is moved up to 180 and 185 ...
IOC put moved up to 132.5 .. from 135 .. due to premium difference.. when IOC was 130 ish

kingkrunal

The positions are still open.. the bull call is moved up to 180 and 185 ...
IOC put moved up to 132.5 .. from 135 .. due to premium difference.. when IOC was 130 ish
Closed tata motors .. trade with 16k profit and IOC with 4k ..

Started INFY with above start today :
750 ce buy 18.75
760 ce sell 13.7
770 ce sell 10.4

kingkrunal

Closed tata motors .. trade with 16k profit and IOC with 4k ..

Started INFY with above start today :
750 ce buy 18.75
760 ce sell 13.7
770 ce sell 10.4
Infy trade is still on.. currently in profit..

and opened another trade for TM yesterday
170 ce sold at 1.9
160 pe sold at 1.8
closed first leg for tm at 2k loss.. which was 140 pe and 165 pe.

kingkrunal

Infy trade is still on.. currently in profit..

and opened another trade for TM yesterday
170 ce sold at 1.9
160 pe sold at 1.8
closed first leg for tm at 2k loss.. which was 140 pe and 165 pe.
Closed infy at 14k. Profit

Stared IOC with the same logic and make mess of it... Instead of buy a call sold that and today I realized when trying to adjust the 135 call .. after the bull run it had..

Damn IOC...closed out half and rest on Monday .. lesson learned.. very costly one:(

kingkrunal

Closed infy at 14k. Profit

Stared IOC with the same logic and make mess of it... Instead of buy a call sold that and today I realized when trying to adjust the 135 call .. after the bull run it had..

Damn IOC...closed out half and rest on Monday .. lesson learned.. very costly one:(
So, still in the above trade and current rollover as per today went upto 11 lots :|

I think there should be a stop loss somewhere in the strategy.. @Loss_Lover what you would have done in this kind of trade.. please guide
when the position was opened, it was below 50 dma,.. but in last 4 session yesterday it went above 50 dma..

ioc do not have history of moving 10% in a month.. as far as i know..

1551191075607.png

SarangSood

So, still in the above trade and current rollover as per today went upto 11 lots :|

I think there should be a stop loss somewhere in the strategy.. @Loss_Lover what you would have done in this kind of trade.. please guide
when the position was opened, it was below 50 dma,.. but in last 4 session yesterday it went above 50 dma..

View attachment 33537
How many ioc futures do you have?

Please read my previous posts on this with an open, calm, clear mind, I have tried my best, explaining all that I do. BTW you cannot put stop-loss on synthetic option strategies - that will be a live invitation for a disaster because Option prices can move drastically on any direction on slightest of Volatility upbeat - there is no way to measure or forecast it beforehand. So, as a protection on synthetic option strategies, "adjustments" are made which I have already explained in details. Touch wood, I am using this options strategy for past 21 months - not a single loss and 68% up on total capital.
Are you kidding??? Check Oct'18 (not even six months back) - it fell about 25% in 2 days and recovered most of it by month's end - that makes this stock very volatile. We want to target down-trending stocks but not the volatile ones. I have also shared a list of shares which I trade cyclically and it works like a charm.

Greed will always make your position suffer in the long run. There is no room for emotion in this. Only calm, composed well thought pre-planned, clean execution will help your capital grow - nothing else! Idea is to enjoy time decay as expiry approaches by selling strong resistances. In case of IOC, you have violated many rules of this technique.

As Option writers we cannot push the far OTM every time a stock makes a low. If we do that, then the market will easily trap us - we do not want to get trapped, so, we need to always account the fact that the Stock can always bounce back to claim the previous resistance at any given point of time. The motive to increase profitability can successfully be achieved when stock price falls significantly, i.e. in terms of Price action makes a new Swing Lower High.

If this happens:
1551194709162.png

Then please do not do these immediately:
1551195635117.png
or
1551195674679.png

because stock has just corrected and trying to find a support, we cannot know beforehand that where a support will be bought and where the next resistance will be. Primarily, our goal is to avoid this:
1551196166732.png

Do you get my point? Had you stayed on the previous far OTM instead of moving downward immediately, you could have now easily moved upward to the very next strike or where the next highest OTM Call OI exists (with less multiple of lots). Like this:
1551198318054.png

OR
1551199343446.png

Monitoring a position in order to safeguard or enhance is one type of mindset but doing "kirkiri" everyday out of emotional euphoria or despair is unacceptable. In case of IOC, you have not mentioned the dates on which you have made the adjustments so as to see what compelled (in terms of price action and moving averages) to deviate from the rules (BTW are you maintaining a spreadsheet registering all your trade dates, net credit/debit, etc...????). My assumption on your IOC mess is that in the desire to increase profits, you dug a pit for this position. You need to have a strong rationale behind taking or adjusting a position.

Also never adjust the initially taken Just ITM / Just OTM Call option pair - it is the heart line which will protect your position in all circumstances.

Hope this helps !!!

Attachments

Last edited: