options query-why we never sell call options first?

rvlv

Gents,

I have read in a trading system.i can not follow the wisdom behind such a fixed rules the owner adopts.
any clues or explanation how it helps?

the owner says,in my system,we do the following
we only buy calls and buy puts
we only sell calls and sell puts.

he says
we dont do the other things like
sell call options, and buy call options later
sell put options and buy put options later.

rvlv

beginner_av

simple...each system is built around certain stuff...some inputs in the form of data, conditions etc...that are processed based on rules which may be indicators, market internals, spreads, cycles, patterns etc.....an output to take action in the form of buy/sell etc ..and closing action in the form of profit target/stops etc...since option buying and selling are completely opposite sides of the two coins..u may find systems that do not do both...as linda (LBR says she had two bosses..one made a living selling premium and the other bbuying it)

and there are systems which do both and a combination of both to generate a no of strategies...

I have been unable to know what is long buildup or short bouild up long unwinding or lshortcovering please anyone clear these words for me.I will be thank ful

DanPickUp

simple...each system is built around certain stuff...some inputs in the form of data, conditions etc...that are processed based on rules which may be indicators, market internals, spreads, cycles, patterns etc.....an output to take action in the form of buy/sell etc ..and closing action in the form of profit target/stops etc...since option buying and selling are completely opposite sides of the two coins..u may find systems that do not do both...as linda (LBR says she had two bosses..one made a living selling premium and the other bbuying it)

and there are systems which do both and a combination of both to generate a no of strategies...
Well said :clapping:

DanPickUp

Just curious Dan : Did you realise that you were responding to a 2007 Post ! :p :D
Yes, I did. There is nothing wrong about that. Or do you think the content of the post has less value because of that? I even thought: He man, you are activating a very old thread but what is posted is still very valuable even today. :)

Transfer the shares

Hi,

I Have shares of reliance company its in the name of grandfathers it has to be transfer to My Mom Name please help me out of this ,

Can i have the tips & suggestion how its has to be transfered to whom i have to contact we are put up in Bangalore

ethan hunt

Re: Transfer the shares

Hi,

I Have shares of reliance company its in the name of grandfathers it has to be transfer to My Mom Name please help me out of this ,

Can i have the tips & suggestion how its has to be transfered to whom i have to contact we are put up in Bangalore
It goes as per Will,
If no Will then goes to Nominee,
If no Nominee then goes to legal heir as per Succession law.

You have to see under which right you will be claiming the shares. You have to approach registarr / dmat provider for docs to be furnished. If the amount is big then Probate of Will OR Succession Cert / Letter of admin in case of Sucession law will be required from court.