Options Greek in Broker Terminals

mycall

I really don't know why these are not there... but I guess exchanges don't provide that... it is the brokers who provide these data to attract traders...

I am not on the same page with monhan.sic bhai that these greeks don't help in trading... they do help to a great extent... but that is limited to strategies which are build based on them... IV is a great greek which affects option premium the most... and professional option writers as well as buyer use parameters like IV Rank and IV percentile to determine which option to be traded... apart from IV, delta is used primary to balance option position... this is my view...

mohan.sic

I can ask you the same question otherwise. Stick to the topic and answer if you know about what is being asked.
1) Why is options greeks data not available readily on NSE website

Because NSE website is not a research or analysis portal. It provides Trading Data like OHLC, volumes, OI, live and excellent eod reports.
Options greeks are not trading data. Basically It is no purpose for Stock exchange to calculate greeks. Hope you understand the point.

2) NEST terminal? Are they purposely doing it to make it hard for retail investors?

Not at all. There is nothing to hide in this. You must learn that Options Greeks are not trading data. They are kind of correlations between Underlying price: options price ( Delta ), options price change: change is underlying's volt ( vega) like wise for other greeks also.
So if the trading platform/website has the feature built in to make these greeks calculation they can publish that data. I think traders cockpit gives this greeks calculation, Kotaks trading platform has a advanced derivatives addon to its platform which even gives live changes in these options greeks. There are few more applications giving this geeks data.

mohan.sic

I really don't know why these are not there... but I guess exchanges don't provide that... it is the brokers who provide these data to attract traders...

I am not on the same page with monhan.sic bhai that these greeks don't help in trading... they do help to a great extent... but that is limited to strategies which are build based on them... IV is a great greek which affects option premium the most... and professional option writers as well as buyer use parameters like IV Rank and IV percentile to determine which option to be traded... apart from IV, delta is used primary to balance option position... this is my view...
You are right. Exchange has no purpose to do greeks calculations. They only provide trading data.
If the brokers terminal has the feature to calculate greeks, it may publish the data. But most brokers terminals do not have it.

IV is neither a greek not it effects the option premium. Please understand options concepts from practice.
yes iv value will be taken into account by professionals. But that's not to predict the market. It is mostly to arrive at timing the trade depending upon the strategy used.

mycall

You are right. Exchange has no purpose to do greeks calculations. They only provide trading data.
If the brokers terminal has the feature to calculate greeks, it may publish the data. But most brokers terminals do not have it.

IV is neither a greek not it effects the option premium. Please understand options concepts from practice.
yes iv value will be taken into account by professionals. But that's not to predict the market. It is mostly to arrive at timing the trade depending upon the strategy used.
Hi!

I know IV is not a greek... Vega is... Vega is related to IV... I mentioned IV as it is the most common term among the option traders... I am not agree with you that IV doesn't effect option premium... I am trading options since last 2012 and selling options since last 4 years and I use all kinds of volatility parameters for my decision making process... so I consider that timeframe as enough to understand options concepts...

Thank you.

mohan.sic

Sharekhan trade tiger provides greeks in its software.It shows the total greeks of the option portfolio at the bottom. I have kept call/put of 26800 for reference.

View attachment 31273

Here it is...Readily available … Thanks to sharekhan & Sanju005 for posting it.

Sanju, Is it normally available for every Trade tiger user or is this any add-on that we need to subcribe.