Which Strategy you mostly use?

• Total voters

coolbull

Covered some other strategies......kept few loosing ones .....

opened 1 calender straddle spread : debit Spread( sep -oct)

sold sep
7800c @156 now @ 186.05 = -33.05
7800p @110 now @86.9 = 23.1

Bought oct
7800p @ 149 now @ 123.8 =25.2
7800c @215 Now @ 258.7 = 43.7

------ ------- 11.55 -------------------
down by 3.2.......open
closed remaining pair trades some with - points........only saving grace was futures position(nifty,bankifty both)...closed both......@ this moment holding couple of pairs (both and down)

coolbull

-------------- Open Trade ----------------------------

calender straddle spread : debit Spread( sep -oct)

sold sep
7800c @156 now @ 193 = -37
7800p @110 now @82.65 = 27.35

Bought oct
7800p @ 149 Now @ 118.6 = -30.4
7800c @215 Now @ 276 = 61

--------------- 20.95 --------------

NO (Nifty/Banknifty) futures trades today

@coolbull

why u closed the other thread about pair trading?

which broker is best for such kind of trading?

is margin money for such trade is too high as it involves selling?

i want to try with such strategies....which is more suitable for begineers like me....i mean i know futures options but i never traded like this 2-4 leg trades..

thanks
:thumb:

coolbull

@coolbull

why u closed the other thread about pair trading?

which broker is best for such kind of trading?

is margin money for such trade is too high as it involves selling?

i want to try with such strategies....which is more suitable for begineers like me....i mean i know futures options but i never traded like this 2-4 leg trades..

thanks
:thumb:
i opened (my pair trade) thread with a view that i would post my tive pair trade but i was not able to do so.....because i have multiple trades going on monitoring them and posting live was really very tough task was me.....now i now how difficult it is to trade ,post the same and explain on time , now i have more respect for all the traderji gems who does this....there are many mentors in this forums who trades and impart the knowledge to this forum that helps all the trader.....

Brokers selection is personal choice, it also depends on what kind of trader u r....what kind of trades u put like daily weekly or monthly....if u trade more and have access to computer /internet and do trade regularly then u can go for discount traders...there are many brokers who charges less brokerage and provide good software for trading and support....

zerodha has thread in this forum go thru it .....there are many more who are even cheaper than zerodha.....for instance sasonline

u can check margin requirements using zerodhas website....
simmilarly many brokers has span margin list uploaded on there site or software....

for 4 leg trade with 2 sell and 2 buy (like calender spread) MARGIN would be within a range of 40 -46 thousand but still i suggest to keep good margin. as soon as u sell bought pair and keep short leg margin requirement increases even market condition makes the difference....

well all the books and master traders say that worst mistake to enter trade is to buy naked call or put.... but thats the only cheapest way to enter into options u already know that......if u are so sure of market like if u are bullish sell atm put and also can hedge with otm put ......or can buy atm call and sell otm call thus u and enter the trade and can take the advantage of time decay...its just an example......

if volatility is expected then u can buy straddle thats OTM CALL and OTM PUT .....if market is stagnant then u can short straddle (ie same strike price atm ce/pe) or if can sell otm ce/pe......ther are many combination....

hope this clarifies:)

copypasteaee

Humbled by Markets
@Coolbull

How big is your current portfolio?

What kind of criteria did you use to divide your portfolio into the different option strategies you trade?

What kind of underlying fact/s did give/gave you the road/s to split your current portfolio into different short time option strategies, as you tell that you at the moment trade all those different strategies at the same time?

Take care / Dan

coolbull

---------- Todays Buy -sell Level ------------
Nifty Buy above :7917
Nifty Sell below :7875

Sl as per ur risk appetite target anything 5-10-20-25-35....as per ur trading style

--------------------------------------------

coolbull

@Coolbull

How big is your current portfolio?

What kind of criteria did you use to divide your portfolio into the different option strategies you trade?

What kind of underlying fact/s did give/gave you the road/s to split your current portfolio into different short time option strategies, as you tell that you at the moment trade all those different strategies at the same time?

Take care / Dan

hi! Nice to see one of the gems watching this thread....are u and danpickup same person...???? sorry to ask something this silly......

When big boys are watching that is good and bad as well...... thanks for stopping by and asking.....

well my current portfolio is nil.... i mostly trade in futures nifty /banknifty.....very few lots.....enter as a scalper book losses as a scalper but as soon a get the right trade ... i try to ride it for intraday even for weeks and if needed add to it.....

well my earlier days was foolish and late learning.... i use to keep my lossing positions with me and even use to avg it....won many and lost many with just hope of getting a break even.......

now if needed i hedge my all positions......

but yes i account i am handling has good valuation and is very healthy portfolio...i try all my strategies with some of those account .....offcourse i am allowed to do so..coz i am saving them lot of lot and earning for them....
at this moment few strangles,pair trades and calender spread are active...

i do scalping and positional pair trading or strategies....I dont keep calender spread for a long time i never get proper risk/reward or u can say i am afraid of worst condition, as soon as i get 20-40 point prf i get out based on my gut feeling.....

many account have more stock holdings that 5-7 digits since ipo.......
for money management i have different strategies for different account based on the person financial background,risk appetite and my personal relations. Most of the time i have to control there enthusiasm....some even say why i keep stop loss as there trade gets cuts off they dont like safe trades but some has different story...

Yes i trade most of the pair trading at a time i already has a plan for each and every trade....so account allows me to hedge/repair losing pairs some don't , so i simply cuts off.

for my personal account, my risk is 2-3 % percent per trade.....I earn more than 25% per annum on my trading account.... thanks to pair trades of other account.

In all account one thing is common , if my futures be it stock or index is in profit i change my hedge or risk reward for the pairs active in those account..... like few days back i cuts off some lossing pairs but at the same time that account has profit making future and strangle active...i closed strangle yesterday in prf........in other account same situation but account had huge risk level so had long straddle... i closed straddle yesterday in prf

so things i do is impromptu as well....i Learned from this forum...
i am not in liberty to write more about those thing....hope you understand....

Last edited:
hi! Nice to see one of the gems watching this thread....are u and danpickup same person...???? sorry to ask something this silly......

When big boys are watching that is good and bad as well...... thanks for stopping by and asking.....

well my current portfolio is nil.... i mostly trade in futures nifty /banknifty.....very few lots.....enter as a scalper book losses as a scalper but as soon a get the right trade ... i try to ride it for intraday even for weeks and if needed add to it.....

i am not in liberty to write more about those thing....hope you understand....
sorry sir,for being rude i think i did not understand your answer or few question are still unanswered.
thanks for this thread its good one
can i do pair trade of nifty only for a day or few days?

thanks

Last edited:
@Coolbull

Ok, I see you are in charge of different accounts from different people with different risk profiles. That is why you do all the different strategies at the same time in those different accounts with different derivates. Needs really attention to do so with so many different legs implemented in the market at the same time. This specially in fast moving and high volatile markets. Did you ever shoot down one of your own leg/s? (Means: In hectic situations it can happen that we buy or sell the wrong option leg and then that is called: I shoot down my own leg/s). Happens to me in the past, so stopped trading too many different kind of option strategies at the same time in different markets. Today I prefer just one core system/option strategy and from time to time some other ideas, but rarely at the moment. But as I trade one account, this is an other situation compare to yours. And yes, I am the one you mentioned, but I can since Jan no more log into the DPU account, as I lost my pw and my old e-mail address was closed since a long time. But never mind. Take care :)