Options Data Application (OptionsNexus)

you can make multiple post if replying to multiple users ...makes life easier for everyone
multiquote in a single post is useful if they are on the eaxct same topic

I was the thinking the price volume IV IV rank all price lables which can all move to Title bar.
the third row with all analyze button is also unnecessary needs to be merged with the second row.

I have used many platforms in fact most platforms available all over the world.
the best platform for options for trading currently is Tastyworks these are the guys who built ThinkOrSwim and then sold it to TDameritrades and then devloped Tastyworks..
Tastyworks certainly has some features which are US market specific ...but for option platform there is lot of reasearch that has gone into it
so if u gonna take some inspiration then tastyworks certainly is the one

they don't have a demo yet ...but they do have lot of tutorial videos on youtube
if you are instreasted I can put some screenshots so u get some ideas...
  • Thanks for the tip on multiquotes - does makes sense!

• I am still working on efficient layout of the data along with integrating more features. The snapshot ribbon (futures/IV/IVP etc. info) is surely taking a lot of space and I will be rearranging it soon. It's just that time is a constraint when working full time.

• The expiry and chart button is now a part of the main header. Attaching an image: :D

Expiry.jpg

• Thanks for your gesture to share the SS, however, I do have an active account with Tastyworks and some of the features/calculations have been heavily inspired from them. In fact, if you look at the 'Quick Analysis' component's screenshot in my second post and compare it with theirs, you will find it almost looks the same.

I find a lot of good features on it and am working on "porting" some of them which I believe are most useful, including implementing some of my own. I am still an amateur coder and a professional would've definitely sped things up.
Again, appreciate your inputs :up:

Last edited:

bpr

• Thanks for the tip on multiquotes - does makes sense!

• I am still working on efficient layout of the data along with integrating more features. The snapshot ribbon (futures/IV/IVP etc. info) is surely taking a lot of space and I will be rearranging it soon. It's just that time is a constraint when working full time.

• The expiry and chart button is now a part of the main header. Attaching an image: :D

View attachment 44937

• Thanks for your gesture to share the SS, however, I do have an active account with Tastyworks and some of the features/calculations have been heavily inspired from them. In fact, if you look at the 'Quick Analysis' component's screenshot in my second post and compare it with theirs, you will find it almost looks the same.

I find a lot of good features on it and am working on "porting" some of them which I believe are most useful, including implementing some of my own. I am still an amateur coder and a professional would've definitely sped things up.
Again, appreciate your inputs :up:
if you already know and following tastyworks then you are on the right path

IMO The expiry drop down can come to the left most just under the Serach field.
The filter button should be next and clicakble to select the number of strike ...On hover you can show" Number of strikes " and the text "Number of strikes" should be removed. it is taking valuable real estate

DTE lable can be removed as the info already present in the expiry drop down

the range can also be removed instead show the range in strike column by color coding which u r already doing.
in fact you can show 1 SD, 1.5 SD, 2 SD,2.5 SD and 3 SD or make it user configurable so that the user can select what all they want to see.

Last edited:
if you already know and following tastyworks then you are on the right path

IMO The expiry drop down can come to the left most just under the Serach field.
The filter button should be next and clicakble to select the number of strike ...On hover you can show" Number of strikes " and the text "Number of strikes" should be removed. it is taking valuable real estate

DTE lable can be removed as the info already present in the expiry drop down

the range can also be removed instead show the range in strike column by color coding which u r already doing.
in fact you can show 1 SD, 1.5 SD, 2 SD,2.5 SD and 3 SD or make it user configurable so that the user can select what all they want to see.
Hi, I am sorry for a really really late response to this; had a lot going on in my personal life. I do see some people in this forum visiting and checking out the features. I am happy to see this and so added some more features which should help.

As you suggested, I removed the DTE label and made user configurable SD level indicator (as in the SS below). The blue range indicator in the strike column should automatically update upon choosing the desired SD value. However, I did keep the numeric expected range values in the table header for now.

1) Added customized SD levels on the chain

1 SD Options.jpg

2) Added buttons to easily move the trade legs up/down or expand/contract the width without the need to manually remove and add them

2 EaseOfTradeMovement.gif

Continued in the next post...

3) Added a new tool called "Strategy Builder" which will enable you to build and test a strategy. You can also change the various parameters to see how the position's PnL gets affected when spot, IV and days to expiration changes

To enter: a) Use the header, or b) use the quick view if you want to analyze a strategy from the chain directly

a) from the header
3 Enter Strategy Builder.jpg

b) from the quick view
4 Enter Strategy Builder - Selected Trade.jpg

Once in the Strategy Builder section, you can add/remove legs and analyze the various scenarios. Here is a quick demo: Demo GIF

5.1 Strategy Builder JPG.jpg

The quick analysis module is still there to give you a bird's eye view:

7 Quick Analysis.jpg

Last edited:
I am working on adding some prebuilt graphs to the Strategy Builder which will give an instant insight into how the chosen strategy would behave in various scenarios and how the PnL would get affected. It would look something like this:

6 Prebuilt 1.jpg

7 Prebuilt 2.jpg

This would show the strategy's payoff (PnL) and greeks (delta, gamma, vega, theta) in all scenarios, like when we have a high number of days to expiration vs low, spot moves far vs less in either direction, sudden/gradual IV increase/decrease etc. This should help the trader understand all the hidden risks in one go without having to play with the sliders and other variable. It should be rolled out soon, hopefully. :)

Last edited:
Hi My friend,

I am trying to register from laptop.
But after entering user id and password, sign up process is not getting completed.It just stays on the same page.Can you please help to get myself registered?