options brokerage calculation

I am very much confused about how the brokerage calculations are made in call & puts in options.Will be helpful if some one guides me.

Thanks

Traderji

Super Moderator
dito_cal said:
I am very much confused about how the brokerage calculations are made in call & puts in options.Will be helpful if some one guides me.

Thanks
It is important to understand that brokerage is calculated on the entire contract value and not just on the premium.

For example the brokerage of 0.10% on a Rs. 500.00 strike price option of ACC would be:

Rs. 500 * 600 (contract size) * 0.10% (brokerage) = Rs. 300.00

This is just the basic brokerage. All other taxes will be extra.

Hi,
Brokerage caliculated on strike price plus option premium too
500 (strike price)+premium *600 (lot size) * 0.10%(brokerage)and taxes.

regards
Vikaas

It is important to understand that brokerage is calculated on the entire contract value and not just on the premium.

For example the brokerage of 0.10% on a Rs. 500.00 strike price option of ACC would be:

Rs. 500 * 600 (contract size) * 0.10% (brokerage) = Rs. 300.00

This is just the basic brokerage. All other taxes will be extra.
can u give OPTION EXAMPLE IN DETAIL ( ALL Taxes ) Buy and Sell IF any web pages in which can be useful to a NEWCOMER Like ME

can u give OPTION EXAMPLE IN DETAIL ( ALL Taxes ) Buy and Sell IF any web pages in which can be useful to a NEWCOMER Like ME
indi007 there is nothing complicated abt options bkg , it simply depends upon ur broker and how much u negotiate with him.
For HDFC its (100 + 13) or 1% of total option contract whichever is higher.
Like if u buy IFCI 60CA@10 => total contract value is 10*4000 = 40000 and its 1% is 400 so u pay 400 + service tax which will be around 40-60 Rs. Whereas if u buy IFCI 70CA@2 => total contract value is 8000 and its 1% = 80 and hence u pay the larger of 2 i.e 100+13 = 113

Note for HDFC bkg charges r fixed but with others they r negotiable..
Thanks...