Option Selling during quarterly results

sanju005ind

Investor, Option Writer
Taking into account the new margin rules (after full increase till Mar'21) do you think
this will still remain similarly profitable strategy?
or maybe the premiums will also reflect this additional cost (of higher margin).

BTW, good work here :up:

Maybe the posts would have attracted more views if the thread was named
Live demo of easily making 5% risk free every Month
or something of that sort :)

As you are not using this strategy on regular basis would it be safe to assume
that you consider this 50/60% performance as easily bettered by your other strats

Its lots of work to compile these kind of posts,

Thanks for sharing

Yes other strats which also have been posted here also make a bit more somewhere 7-10% range. But it involves a little more management. This one I continue to run. because not much of a fuss and still you make a decent return. My only concern is how will it be if Vix goes below14 or 12 like it did in 2017. Experienced traders who sold options in 2017 would be able to tell. I am curious.

sanju005ind

Investor, Option Writer
Yesterday morning I was testing a ratio spread in Nifty for today's expiry. I put it in simulation to observe the behavior of options. The position would give max profit if it closes today near 12700 and it did just that Fut at 12703. Note : I have not taken this trade.

1605178967085.png

1605179124013.png

checkmate7

Yesterday morning I was testing a ratio spread in Nifty for today's expiry. I put it in simulation to observe the behavior of options. The position would give max profit if it closes today near 12700 and it did just that Fut at 12703. Note : I have not taken this trade.

View attachment 44871

View attachment 44872
Good it was paper trade since its not worth the risk when you are already doing good with your strategy :) ...