Option query

I have a query. Suppose i had written an option out of money and that option goes into ban not security . That ban is for intraday or for the whole series. I am unable to cover that. Then what will be the possible outcome. Ban gets lifted next day what is the general criteria or bans on particular options are for series. Thanks

comm4300

I have a query. Suppose i had written an option out of money and that option goes into ban not security . That ban is for intraday or for the whole series. I am unable to cover that. Then what will be the possible outcome. Ban gets lifted next day what is the general criteria or bans on particular options are for series. Thanks
ban period = no FRESH positions allowed.
ban period = existing positions can be squared off/closed.

actually i had written techmahindra 390 call last week. but today i am unable to cover that. Unable to buy it. RMS rejected it. when i enquired then they said its in a ban. while techmahindra is not banned. just that option. So that ban might be for intra or series. I m user of zerodha

mohan.sic

actually i had written techmahindra 390 call last week. but today i am unable to cover that. Unable to buy it. RMS rejected it. when i enquired then they said its in a ban. while techmahindra is not banned. just that option. So that ban might be for intra or series. I m user of zerodha

Please check if your position is still open. Because ban is limited to new positions. Existing /open positions can be squared off. No doubt on it.

Banning and opening are real time. So may be when you inquired, it could be in ban and got released later.

Some brokers allow positions even on banned instruments, but strictly for intraday.

*Ban wont be series specific. If tech mahindra is banned, it will be applicable to all its derivatives contracts across all series.