Online Trading For NRI's

raj

Please advise on some good sites which assist NRI's in filling up forms for Demat accounts and other formalities to be completed for online trading as required by the SEBI /RBI ?
Most sites I've found are for resident Indians.
Your advise in this regard would be much appreciated......... :cool:

Traderji

Super Moderator
raj said:
Please advise on some good sites which assist NRI's in filling up forms for Demat accounts and other formalities to be completed for online trading as required by the SEBI /RBI ?
Most sites I've found are for resident Indians.
Your advise in this regard would be much appreciated......... :cool:
If you are living in the Middle East / Gulf area you can open an online trading 3 -in -1 account with icicidirect.com

If you could provide your country of residence maybe you could get some help from the other members of this forum.

raj

Many thanks Traderji......I am an NRI based in Saudi Arabia. I have been considering opening an account with ICICI direct, the 3 in one account is quite an adavantage. But from hearsay and also from a few messages on this forum it seems most clients are not very happy with its services for various reasons : slow server speeds during peak hours, high brokerage (although this is not a constraint if the services are good), etc etc. What are the views of other members in the forum on ICICI and also pl shed some light on other traders like India bulls, Geojit etc .....are they safe enough ?

Both geojit and india bulls are publicly listed companies. I don't know how much that will help you.

It is true that the servers at icicidirect.com become extremely slow during peak trading hours. Why don't you register yourself with icicidirect.com and test it for yourself from where you are. In fact when I travel overseas I find that the icicidirect site is much faster than when I am in India. Also the BIG advantage with icicidirect is that it is a bank when compared to the other two.

I know for sure that ICICI explicitly says that NRI residing in US are not eligible for online trading, Is it a SEBI guideline or does anyother company offers online trading for NRI's in USA ?

This link has some NRI FAQ's answered by icicidirect.com!

https://secure.icicidirect.com/nrifaqlist.asp

Traderji

Super Moderator
Many thanks Traderji......I am an NRI based in Saudi Arabia. I have been considering opening an account with ICICI direct, the 3 in one account is quite an adavantage. But from hearsay and also from a few messages on this forum it seems most clients are not very happy with its services for various reasons : slow server speeds during peak hours, high brokerage (although this is not a constraint if the services are good), etc etc. What are the views of other members in the forum on ICICI and also pl shed some light on other traders like India bulls, Geojit etc .....are they safe enough ?
Hi Raj, I am living in Saudi Arabia, and I have been using ICICIDIRECT for 3 years now. Contact me on 0502884063. We can talk about it.

Adrian Pinto

You can open a demat and trading account with Religare Securities which is a Ranbaxy Promoter Company. Their brokerage charges are competitive. You van visit their website www.religare.in for more information on their product and services