online trading academy

umeshmandal

sorry for the late reply. but i think its an excellent course. it took about six months to thoroughly understand but it was definitely worth the price paid and worth the time. my trading has significantly improved and i am really happy now.
Please share something more abou the course : The basics atleast ! What 3 things abt the course that makes it worth the time and money!

XRAY27

course fee .. but will not address any of market dynamics which we will learn in practice.. offcourse i know the person who has taken the course...for my self i worked for 3 years to get to a system ....which made me full time trader...

course worth for that fee is big question??

below is the course curriculam

Professional Trader - India

Duration: Part 1 (Days 1 - 2), Part 2 (Days 3 - 7)

Print Curriculum
Course Type:

On Location
Course Agenda - Part 1 (Days 1 - 2)

Day 1

Trading Foundation
Understanding the fundamentals of risk and reward in trading
Market Terminology
Be able to speak the language of traders
Economic Reports
Know what information to look for and why it is important
The Flow of Trading
Understand the components of trading
Charts: The Window into the Markets
Power of price action, time frames, charting, candlestick basics
Core Strategy - Supply and Demand
Learn how the markets really work and the two mistakes of novice traders

Day 2

Trading Styles
Everyone is different, find what trading style fits you best
Core Strategy Setups
Recognizing trade setups and understanding supply and demand zones
Core Strategy Trends
Zone entry, inside the zone entry, leaving the zone entry
Exit strategies Part I
Odds Enhancers 1 and 2
Learn how to increase the odds on low risk, high reward, high probability trading
Trade Management
The strategy for moving stops, taking your profits and leaving your trade alone
Putting it All Together
Step by step checklist for buying and selling using all components of the core strategy

Course Agenda - Part 2 (Days 3 - 7)

Day 3

Order Types
Understand four key order types and the purpose for each
Risk Management Part I
The 5 outcomes of trading and the common pitfalls of unsuccessful traders
Position Size
The key to objectively managing risk
Multiple Time Frame Analysis
Know the value and the purpose behind multiple time frame analysis
Stock Selection Process
Identify trading opportunities using our rules-based top down approach
Recording and Analyzing Trades
Tools for journaling (log) and measuring the results for improvement
Putting it All Together
Fine tuning core strategy by including new concepts into the plan

Day 4

Risk Management Part II
Understand the power of reward to risk ratios
Odds Enhancer 3
Learn how to measure the reward to risk ratios quality of the trade set up
Momentum Trading Tactics
Market breakouts, re-tests and the power of using the trend
The Complete Trader
Overview of each asset class and how the professional trader leverages them

Day 5

XLT Live Trading
Observing the Graduate Extended Learning Track Program LIVE
Exit Strategies Part II
Learning Trailing Stop Strategies using ATR and other Technical Stop Exit Strategies
Indicators
Proper use of indicators with core strategy including broad market analysis, volume, moving averages, ATR, Bollinger Bands
All Star Entries
Entry strategies using Bollinger Bands in combination with demand/supply zones
10 Laws of Trading
Protect yourself against weaknesses that all traders struggle with

Day 6

Trader Time Zones
The rhythm of the trading day and its impact on volume, asset classes and gaps
Trading Gaps
Recognizing novice gaps and pro gaps and the power of trading gaps
Oscillators
The proper use of oscillators, divergence, overbought and oversold, RSI, Stochastics, CCI

Day 7

Live Trading Tests
Apply all you have learned this week
Written Test
Test your skills in your written exam
Trade Plan Presentation
Learn how to plan a trade from start to finish
10 Survival Skills
Understand the skills that you need going forward
Class Survey and Graduation

Last edited:
Please share something more abou the course : The basics atleast ! What 3 things abt the course that makes it worth the time and money!
umesh,

xray has already mentioned a lot. you would have got a fair idea of it already. its quite an expensive course, so i am happy that u r doing ur due diligence.

i recommend u to visit this website every tuesday. the top instructors write articles which will give u a fair idea of the entire structure.

lessons dot tradingacademy dot com

i read their articles almost for 6 months before enrolling for the course. i suggest u too do the same so that u will have a fair understanding even before they start teaching. it was really helpful for me.

let me know if there is anything more u would like to know.

karuna

oilman5

umesh,

i recommend u to visit this website every tuesday. the top instructors write articles which will give u a fair idea of the entire structure.

lessons dot tradingacademy dot com

i read their articles almost for 6 months before enrolling for the course. i suggest u too do the same so that u will have a fair understanding even before they start teaching.

karuna
This course is very cheap , if u could learn.
yes learn from free site, also read Dr Johnson's article.
they offer repeat class free, so if u take 10 repeat.......cost may be 10000/-.
but read SAM -theoretician of demand/supply.
may take plug in in Ninja ,...........someone also made on AFL.
original theory of counter trend, quick to act, trade mechanically.Understand odd enhancer.

Unfortunately present instructor r horrible, wait to join when experienced trader teaches.
Cheap idea from ignition of sharekhan , also by ex trainers..........u may buy copy at ebay by searching xlt ota.
but if u r serious take XLT--------------cost around 200000/-
search google ,u will get free material.
BUT THEY REALLY TRADE WITH LOW RISK & REAL MONEY

oilman5

Now i give some hints of thinking like OTA instructor
.................................................. ..........................
1] no 1 is survival = risk management
2] understand trend first , then the location of support/resistance - trade is based on anticipation of price -how will react after reaching there.
3] In order to understand probability of particular directional move complex evaluation is done - naming ODD enhancer
i)risk /reward
ii) how price is reaching there
iii) how many times price have comeback there
iv) how sector/nifty showing strength or weakness
v) how price behave last time coming to similar zone
vi) Nifty vs $/inr inverse relation
vii) whether exist another strong buy level just below present level or if there is another strong short position exists as level on level
viii) media hype is against the direction u want to trade.
ix) higher time frame bias - intraday buy must be in daily demand .
x) defining location - short must be on top, long must be at bottom + u must be trade against novice , novice buy= u sell, novice sell=u buy
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,

4] understanding the idea to search for opportunity
5] preparing a written trade business plan, based on your observation /understanding /limitation ; repeatability to stick to it- this is mainly strategic, now Nightly preparation for tomorrow's potential trade- with if this , then that execution -individual trade plan tactics
6] use of ta tool , defined and crystal clear purpose
7] understanding candle and price action trading
8] understanding fundamental/economy and plan for it for event based reactionary trade
9] studying trade journal to find out your scope of improvement , both overcoming psychological pitfall & improving understanding market/volatility

oilman5

how to learn from OTA
It normally takes about 3-5yr to be a consistent earning trader.So first be ready with patience and perseverence.BY repeatation in attending live trading , u understand how to think & act like pro.
MARKET is a place where novice loses consistently and pro wins with a strike rate 50-60%.So u book loss in 40-50% trade.About winner 20% will give u strong upmove, use them to earn more- use some add method OR 50% quantity LET profit run.
1] pl prepare strategic plan first , for intraday- about 4hr, for EOD trader about 2hr a day, u have to give to be a trader.
2] your mental attitude must fit , what style u choose.For intraday- 1/2% target, for swing 3-5% target, for position 8-10% target.
they teach extensively - MOMENTUM AS WELL AS REVERSAL FOR INTRADAY. but choose one not both.
They teach extensively REVERSAL FOR swing.
They teach extensively - sometime MOMENTUM , but mostly REVERSAL FOR position.
Here comes the problem - since in class only intraday possible , which may not suit u.Normally at start , swing strike rate about 40%- so most learner cant follow 60% stop trigger, as while course taken they THINK of profit.
3] so after learning survival , u go to position size mechanically.
4] teaching starts with combination of TREND + ZONE OF ENTRY.
5] THEN they tell u to write journal , before and after- with reason why u taken the trade & exit, to nullify EMOTION in trading.
6] for position trade, how to use MOMENTUM tool + MA comes -thats all,
7] HERE they plan to earn , by giving similar skill for F&O or commodity,forex - leverage product trading.Also in XLT , senior trader explaining his trade logic ,at market hr.They give very high stress on Economy. They teach TRAP , how to trade against NEWS.
8] Since entry early & manage risk -is their motto, trend trading believer normally dont suit , also in trend trading their present ideology is useless. But there 2007-10 ideology or course material worked on that idea.At first 2000-05- they use extensive strength on orderflow.Presently they give opportunity search in Multiple time frame.
COMMENTS : U DONT REQD THEM, ALREADY 5YR IN MARKET ,may download free.FOR ALL NEW LEARNER , U get a scope to see /do trade in presence of PRO, so learning is cheaper both in time & money- because of repeatation facility.

how to learn from OTA
It normally takes about 3-5yr to be a consistent earning trader.So first be ready with patience and perseverence.BY repeatation in attending live trading , u understand how to think & act like pro.
MARKET is a place where novice loses consistently and pro wins with a strike rate 50-60%.So u book loss in 40-50% trade.About winner 20% will give u strong upmove, use them to earn more- use some add method OR 50% quantity LET profit run.
1] pl prepare strategic plan first , for intraday- about 4hr, for EOD trader about 2hr a day, u have to give to be a trader.
2] your mental attitude must fit , what style u choose.For intraday- 1/2% target, for swing 3-5% target, for position 8-10% target.
they teach extensively - MOMENTUM AS WELL AS REVERSAL FOR INTRADAY. but choose one not both.
They teach extensively REVERSAL FOR swing.
They teach extensively - sometime MOMENTUM , but mostly REVERSAL FOR position.
Here comes the problem - since in class only intraday possible , which may not suit u.Normally at start , swing strike rate about 40%- so most learner cant follow 60% stop trigger, as while course taken they THINK of profit.
3] so after learning survival , u go to position size mechanically.
4] teaching starts with combination of TREND + ZONE OF ENTRY.
5] THEN they tell u to write journal , before and after- with reason why u taken the trade & exit, to nullify EMOTION in trading.
6] for position trade, how to use MOMENTUM tool + MA comes -thats all,
7] HERE they plan to earn , by giving similar skill for F&O or commodity,forex - leverage product trading.Also in XLT , senior trader explaining his trade logic ,at market hr.They give very high stress on Economy. They teach TRAP , how to trade against NEWS.
8] Since entry early & manage risk -is their motto, trend trading believer normally dont suit , also in trend trading their present ideology is useless. But there 2007-10 ideology or course material worked on that idea.At first 2000-05- they use extensive strength on orderflow.Presently they give opportunity search in Multiple time frame.
COMMENTS : U DONT REQD THEM, ALREADY 5YR IN MARKET ,may download free.FOR ALL NEW LEARNER , U get a scope to see /do trade in presence of PRO, so learning is cheaper both in time & money- because of repeatation facility.
ur comments truly inspire many like me. thanks..

oilman5

ur comments truly inspire many like me. thanks..
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
In 2006 ,i have written a thread -JOURNEY OF A TRADER-pl read it ,if u like.
Recently i write in members section- REFLECTION ON TRADING.

IF U HAVE TIME READ IT.
regards
total soln on trading is given there.