Online Indian Share Brokers

ICICIDirect.com is better than HDFCSec.com in terms of interface, list of stocks, etc.

I have tried both and definately icicidirectcom is more complete.

Re: Online Share Brokers

shrees said:
I am with Sharekhan and I find their service fantastic and fast. I am using the online trading. The system is excellent. They have two accounts - Classic and Speedtrade. Speed trade is ideal for the serious day traders who trade in volumes. The classic account also has a fast trade option which provides access to the live market. Speed trade PLUS includes F & O. Their site has a demo which is great.
I too am with sharekhan but have a different view -although the site does give live price data ,we cannot make a trade whenever we want as they seem to have some problem in processing the trade and invariably one can make the trade only after several attempts,in most cases when one is at adisadvantage vis a vis the price

Being more of a long term investor earlier, I was using ICICI Direct since 2000 and was generaly satisfied with the service. However, now that one has started trading, I find there are two major shortcomings:-
1. There is no system of placing stop losses.
2. It does not permit day trading.
Wonder if someone could recommend a good trading site/broker ?

purvija99 said:
What brokerage does BTST attract ? If it attracts delivery brokerage , WHY the term coined as BTST ? Can anybody plese specify the difference between routine delivery & BTST(mainly brokerage) ? Does 5paisa has this facility & at what rates ?
Purvija99,
BTST is an acronym for Buy Today Sell Tomorrow, coined by ICICI Direct for those specified shares which can be sold a day after purchase, even before they have been credited in the demat account. I am not sure of the brokerage charged for BTST, but am sure the information will be available on the site.

Hi
I'm a new member of Traderji and this my 1st ever statement in this site. I've been online trading since June '04 and personally used 5PAISA AND KOTAK SECURITIES. Friends in my group use Motilal Oswal's MYBROKER, ICICI, SHAREKHAN and even GEOJIT. The bottom line is everyone is bugged by server jamming, someone's brokerage is less but other charges (DP charges, interest rates etc..) are high, or may be some information are not revealed to you until you meet the accident! I would suggest all folks to visit all trading sites and gather info for yourself and decide the one that suits you. Stay with that broking house until YOU really KNOW that some other has a better offer. Staying longer with one broking house improves your experience and confidence. Remember the grass always looks greener to us on the other side of the fence....you know.
Please visit wesites like indiainfoline.com, kotaksecurities.com, icicidirect.com, 5paisa.com, sharekhan.com, motilaloswal.com and make informed discision for yourself.
Regards
Corleone

Hi Corleone

WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF ONLINE TRADING IN INDIA.........
This problem is with each and every broker Corleone no broker can deliver technolgy in the best possible way...if we compare all the brokers performance is almost the same.........I am speaking this because I all ready had a brush with a dozen so called good brokers so I setteled for my local broker for day trading and also use Geojit online trading too.........

so tell u the truth this is not going to become any better till these brokers are busy counting money soooo.........make the best use of availble system.......U can also check Indiabulls minus there RM software is good.....

vijbala

Dont go for big brokerage houses. Better ask for ODIN Diet with smaller companies,the one used by Brokers themselves. It is very fast and effective.
You can get very less brokerage

I want to know the difference between Open Interest, Low Open Interest, High Open Interest. On Indiabulls Power Window we findl all option OI,LOI,HOI.

With using OI,LOI & HOI How can we decide trend.

I applied for 525 [email protected] of Andhra Bank IPO in Jan.In 1st week of Feb M/S MCS ltd.informed allotment of 156 [email protected] & refunded balance amount.My bid was a single bid & not multiple.A clear amount Rs45,150.00 was deposited in local AB Br.
On contacting over phone (several times) M/S MCS informed that in the application somebody wrote "cutoff price" as such they alloted @90.00.Also if I am not satisfied I may file a case in court against AB.
I feel it is foolishness to go to court for such small amount.
But I want to get the case fully verified so that M/S MCS must not make such mistake(i.e. instead of rejecting the application but allot at a higher price than quotated price.) Allotment of shares to me also gave me a doubt about claim of AB of 11 times oversubsciption.
Will any forum member guide, to whom I shall approach to check all applications of this IPO?