Online Brokers and Stops

pasha

ICICI permits only 2 types of orders, Buy Orders and Limit Orders. According to them the Limit order has to be renewed EVERY day so one has to login and do it, while the Buy order stays in place till filled. They don't even know about trailing stops.
Do other online brokers also function the same or is there any leeway in the placing of orders? Is it possible to define a stop loss and have it in place till cancelled?

Last edited:
pasha said:
ICICI permits only 2 types of orders, Buy Orders and Limit Orders. According to them the Limit order has to be renewed EVERY day so one has to login and do it, while the Buy order stays in place till filled. They don't even know about trailing stops.
Do other online brokers also function the same or is there any leeway in the placing of orders? Is it possible to define a stop loss and have it in place till cancelled?
ICICIDIRECT allows you to place stop-loss orders. However these orders are good till day only.

I use Indiabulls..and once again same problem here.. all orders only valid till end of day.. so i have to login everyday and renew the order if i want it valid for next day too...

I'm getting a feeling all online brokers are this way..any exceptions???