One quick help

RiddhiPD

As I logged in SBICAPSEC to there is a new option for placing an order - Protection %.Can anybody tell me what it is and it's use?

Last edited:

manojborle

As I logged in SBICAPSEC to there is a new option for placing an order - Protection %.Can anybody tell me what it is and it's use?
It should be Stop Loss percentage, so when your trade goes against you, you are protected from further loss.

RiddhiPD

In that case the questions are

1.If a share is trading at Rs 100 and I want to get out at 95 Rs,then what should I put in there? The Percent I want to protect (i.e 95) or 5 as a loss.

2.Is it only on intraday or can be carried forward?

Only SBICAPSEC can be so confusing about so simple things.Sorry to bother with noob questions.

manojborle

your screenshot shows protection percentage.
So it means you have enter in terms of percentage only. (Say 5%) and below there is a trigger price also, there you mention the trigger price when the order should get executed.

Better you confirm with their customer care,

praveen98

Hi,
Following is the information i got from icici about protection percentages...but before using this info in real time trading please confirm the same from SBICAP or your broker.
Protection Percentage :
While placing a market order on BSE (Not applicable for NSE), you can specify the maximum percentage deviation from the Current Offer / Bid up to which the market order can be executed. Consider the example where the Bid and Offer Price for a given stock is 99 and 100 respectively.
In case you place a market buy order with a protection percentage of 20% the order will go to the exchange as a market order of Rs. 120 and will be executed at Rs. 120 or at a better rate. However, in case it is found that there is no offer of Rs. 120 or better in the exchange this order will be suo moto cancelled by the exchange. In case of part execution of this order at Rs. 120 the remainder of the order will be converted to a limit order at Rs. 120.
In case you place a market sell order with a protection percentage of 20% the order will go to the exchange as a market order of Rs. 79.20 and will be executed at Rs. 79.20 or at a better rate. However, in case it is found that there is no bid of Rs. 79.20, the order will get cancelled. In case of part execution of this order at Rs. 79.20 the remainder of the order will be converted to a limit order at Rs. 79.20.
All the Best:clap: