One paragraph that explains Life......

Arthur Ashe, the legendary Wimbledon player was dying of AIDS. From world over, he received letters from his fans, one of which conveyed: "Why does GOD have to select you for such a bad disease"?

To this Arthur Ashe replied: The world over -- 5 crore children start playing tennis, 50 lakh learn to play tennis, 5 lakh learn professional tennis, 50,000 come to the circuit, 5000 reach the grand slam, 50 reach Wimbledon, 4 to semi final, 2 to the finals, When I was holding a cup I never asked GOD "Why me?". And today in pain I should not be asking GOD "Why me?"

Happiness keeps u Sweet, Trials keep u Strong, Sorrow keeps u Human, Failure Keeps u Humble.

Regards,
nkpanjiyar

Last edited:
nkpanjiyar said:
Arthur Ashe, the legendary Wimbledon player was dying of CANCER.From world over, he received letters from his fans, one of which conveyed: "Why does GOD have to select you for such a bad disease"?

To this Arthur Ashe replied: The world over -- 5 crore children start playing tennis, 50 lakh learn to play tennis, 5 lakh learn professional tennis, 50,000 come to the circuit, 5000 reach the grand slam, 50 reach Wimbledon, 4 to semi final, 2 to the finals, When I was holding a cup I never asked GOD "Why me?". And today in pain I should not be asking GOD "Why me?"

Happiness keeps u Sweet, Trials keep u Strong, Sorrow keeps u Human, Failure Keeps u Humble.

Regards,
nkpanjiyar
Very nice,nk..........thx once again!!

Saint

sh50

Wonderful, Mr nkpaiyer. Ashe along with our own Vijay Amritraj was known for his sportsmanlike behavior. To your

Happiness keeps u Sweet, Trials keep u Strong, Sorrow keeps u Human, Failure Keeps u Humble

If I may add Success makes you stronger. In Amritraj's autobiography , he had stated that the then president of Tennis Association, R.k.Khanna tried some hanky panky with him. Amritraj stated at that time that one should not try to take advantage of the situation just because somebody was young because you never know what the young man might become someday. Soon enough Amritraj with Borg and Conners became to be known as the ABC of Tennis and was then for years at loggerheads with Khanna.

Reminds you of the story of the lion and the rat. The lion was amused by the rat's pleas that he might be of help to him someday and released him laughingly but when he was caught badly in the net, he rescued him. Another rat told a mountain, so what if you are a mountain, you can't crush a nut.

History can also make you humble provided you intend to learn from it.

sh50 said:
Wonderful, Mr nkpaiyer. Ashe along with our own Vijay Amritraj was known for his sportsmanlike behavior. To your

Happiness keeps u Sweet, Trials keep u Strong, Sorrow keeps u Human, Failure Keeps u Humble

If I may add Success makes you stronger. In Amritraj's autobiography , he had stated that the then president of Tennis Association, R.k.Khanna tried some hanky panky with him. Amritraj stated at that time that one should not try to take advantage of the situation just because somebody was young because you never know what the young man might become someday. Soon enough Amritraj with Borg and Conners became to be known as the ABC of Tennis and was then for years at loggerheads with Khanna.

Reminds you of the story of the lion and the rat. The lion was amused by the rat's pleas that he might be of help to him someday and released him laughingly but when he was caught badly in the net, he rescued him. Another rat told a mountain, so what if you are a mountain, you can't crush a nut.

History can also make you humble provided you intend to learn from it.
Nice addition sh50. You are right - History can also make you humble provided you intend to learn from it.

Thanks,
nkpanjiyar

nkpanjiyar said:
Arthur Ashe, the legendary Wimbledon player was dying of CANCER.From world over, he received letters from his fans, one of which conveyed: "Why does GOD have to select you for such a bad disease"?

Regards,
nkpanjiyar
Hi nkpanjiyar:

I do not want to split hair here but just a minor correction - Arthur Ashe died of AIDS which he acquired due to bad blood transfusion.

But the lesson of the story is still valid.

Nautilus

nautilus said:
Hi nkpanjiyar:

I do not want to split hair here but just a minor correction - Arthur Ashe died of AIDS which he acquired due to bad blood transfusion.

But the lesson of the story is still valid.

Nautilus
Thank you very much Nautilus for correction. Due apology to readers and made the correction as applicable. I believe you are good fan of Arthur Ashe.

Thanks,
nkpanjiyar

nkpanjiyar said:
Thank you very much Nautilus for correction. Due apology to readers and made the correction as applicable. I believe you are good fan of Arthur Ashe.

Thanks,
nkpanjiyar
Yes. Although he had achieved remarkable fame he seemed a very modest person.

Nautilus

nkpanjiyar said:
Arthur Ashe, the legendary Wimbledon player was dying of AIDS. From world over, he received letters from his fans, one of which conveyed: "Why does GOD have to select you for such a bad disease"?

Regards,
nkpanjiyar
NK. I don't know what to say really. You fish out the most moving anecdotes about life that I have ever come across. Kudos to you my dear friend. Simply amazing, touching......... The last words "Happiness....." are simply astounding, out of this world.

nkpanjiyar said:

Thanks,
nkpanjiyar
Throw your apology out of the window NK. Nothing called for here. :mad:

Looks like the point made in your post has not been taken by all. Missed altogether, over-the-head-stuff or plain misunderstood prose, going by the response to your great, great post. For God's sake people, it's the Human side that is relevant here & not the tennis part...... OR for that matter whether Ashe died of acquired AIDS or whatever. :cool:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Options 3
W Technical Analysis 3