One paragraph that explains Life......

jaideep said:
NK. I don't know what to say really. You fish out the most moving anecdotes about life that I have ever come across. Kudos to you my dear friend. Simply amazing, touching......... The last words "Happiness....." are simply astounding, out of this world.
Thanks Jaideep for kind words.

jaideep said:
Throw your apology out of the window NK. Nothing called for here. :mad:

Looks like the point made in your post has not been taken by all. Missed altogether, over-the-head-stuff or plain misunderstood prose, going by the response to your great, great post. For God's sake people, it's the Human side that is relevant here & not the tennis part...... OR for that matter whether Ashe died of acquired AIDS or whatever. :cool:
You are true jaideep. Thanks.

Arthur Ashe, the legendary Wimbledon player was dying of AIDS. From world over, he received letters from his fans, one of which conveyed: "Why does GOD have to select you for such a bad disease"?

To this Arthur Ashe replied: The world over -- 5 crore children start playing tennis, 50 lakh learn to play tennis, 5 lakh learn professional tennis, 50,000 come to the circuit, 5000 reach the grand slam, 50 reach Wimbledon, 4 to semi final, 2 to the finals, When I was holding a cup I never asked GOD "Why me?". And today in pain I should not be asking GOD "Why me?"

Happiness keeps u Sweet, Trials keep u Strong, Sorrow keeps u Human, Failure Keeps u Humble.

Regards,
nkpanjiyar
Terrific. Puts one in the right perspective. Who am I to blow against the wind, I know, I know, I sing what I said, we come and we go - Paul Simon in Graceland Album. Jayesh

marcus

Very noble words by the great Arthur Ashe, all said and done why do we always equate success & failure, fortune & misfortune with God?

:confused:

Terrific. Puts one in the right perspective. Who am I to blow against the wind, I know, I know, I sing what I said, we come and we go - Paul Simon in Graceland Album. Jayesh
Great response too Jayesh. There are so many song lyrics which might touch you even more profoundly. Just may target you here with such songs.:)

Nice to see so many here touched by this post on Ashe. Just shows that Humanity is still alive....maybe I've said all this before but.......:D :D

Great response too Jayesh. There are so many song lyrics which might touch you even more profoundly. Just may target you here with such songs.:)

Nice to see so many here touched by this post on Ashe. Just shows that Humanity is still alive....maybe I've said all this before but.......:D :D
Hi Jaideep,

Was hibernating and maybe missed this. Between ashes and Arthur Ashe, lived a great man. When we leave, apart from ashes we live behind our words. Songs to me are those ephemeral nuggets and rain hard with such songs. O Palanhare...., all of Gulzar, funny how so many of the songs I always like, are Gulzars, Pyasa's immortal yeh mahalo, yeh taajo..Abida's Kabir and Rumi collection,,,,

ab laago yaar fakiri mein!

Namaskar

and thanks once again to NK. Humanity is alive in only a few and we need to change that. Begin at home.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Options 3
W Technical Analysis 3